Why am I so different? Past life reading

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts

So we are all different here obviously and same in the way that we are all empaths. I have discussed on a few different threads how different my life experience has been thus far as an empath. I have not had the struggle or strife most other empaths experience. No near death experiences or debilitating illnesses. I have always been able to naturally block. Even with my own emotions, if I'm experiencing something I don't want to feel (sadness, anger, hate, etc) I am easily able to let myself feel it and then let it go. Almost like blocking my own emotions, but that sounds unhealthy and I don't feel like what I do hurts me.

Some people here have suggested the differences may be due to what/who I was in a past life. This interests me but I am not able to recall my own past lives and so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a shot at looking into it for me. I'm open and interested to hear anything so don't feel like you need to be reserved. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to give it a shot!

Emmy :)

updated by @emmy-long: 07/09/17 07:55:28PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
3 years ago
867 posts

Hi Emmy,

You may want to post this Reading Request in the General Psychic Reading Group & include a picture of yourself taken within the last week (the most recent the better.)

Please also make sure that you are the only one in the picture, that your face & eyes can clearly be seen (no glasses, hats, hair covering a eye, etc.)

No black & white photos or photo editing, filters, text, etc. on the picture at all.

Best Wishes <3

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

My recommendation would be to start with this life. Learning about who you are here and now. When you get the ability to touch on your core or understand what motivates you in this life, when past lives are revealed to you, you will see how your internal self has remained the same from life to life.

So, how do you do that?

You start by asking questions like "who am I"? The way you deal with emotions for example may have something to do with your temperament. See MBTI. What MBTI would be the closest to how you operate on a daily basis. When you look at the Keirsey Temperament sorter for example, when you narrow down to your type, it will give you other famous people who were recognized as having the same disposition.

There are some battles in life that we have to fight for ourselves, and this past life thing may be one of them. Yes, someone could tell you that they have recognized you from an earlier life and know you to be so and so. However, if you want that revelation to be meaningful when it actually arrives, you have to get ready for it.

Knowing who you are (in this life) is the first. Loving oneself as one loves others is probably even more difficult. If you get those two things down though, you will be starting to get some messages directly from source...but not only that...you will trust the messages more than you have trusted them in the past. Things will become clearer and clearer to you until you find yourself with a totally different perception than where you began.

The process can't be rushed, but it can be worked on diligently if one has the desire.

I have a hunch as to your type based on your post, but would not want to assume anything. I believe that you are the type of person who will consider a variety of information and let your intuition guide you. That intuition will get you to know first hand your past lives. Mark my words on this...when the revelation of those past lives happen, at least some of the past lives will come forward with an amount of emotion that you did not think possible to experience. ...and this is coming from a person who is quite the "rational".

Wish you good luck with your journey!

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

While most of us are empaths, everyone is different in the level at which they feel and how they control their ability. Some people can block, others can't. That's normal.

Near death experiences and debilitating illnesses are not related to being an empath. Yes, empaths can be more sensitive to their environment and the energies so that they experience it as physical symptoms. Near death experiences and severe illness are part of the life lessons - and the life lessons are separate from the ability.

Some people do get an "easy" life; like a mini vacation if they have gone through some tough past lives. Everything balances out, including the lives. HOWEVER, may I point out the obvious; you are very young. The challenges that people face come in at different times. I'm not saying anything bad is going to happen, just that you are still young and your life is still unfolding.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

I would also like to cast my vote for the MBTI and also for the Enneagram type. Both tests can be found free online. They are of immeasurable help in understanding yourself and others in all kinds of relationships and are used to help pick careers as well (often the Keirsey is used for that, but MBTI works too).

A huge % of empaths score as the INFJ personality type on the MBTI, which will explain a lot to you if you are one, since the INFJ personality type is only 1% of the population. It sure helped me understand why I can be in a crowded room and feel like I am on an alien planet.

Lucid dreaming can be practiced and used to contact past lives, but if you are a volunteer from somewhere else, who came here now to help earth, you would not have any past lives here.

Cheshire Cat

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
I don't think I've ever had any experiences or memories. There are some things about my personality that at times make me wonder if they have to do with a past life. I have a huge soft spot for the elderly. My empath abilities are strongest with them and animals. And I really have no explanation as to why. Also I'm always able to bounce back from negative emotions pretty quickly, like usually a matter of minutes. I have an abnormal amount of anxiety when driving and there's really no reason for that either. Nor is there a reason for my absolute fear of fish. I'm probably just looking into it too deep trying to find answers but sometimes I wonder if the reasons for some of that may be past life.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
484 posts
Yes I've taken all of those personality tests and then some. Haha. I'm a psych major so basically every class I take involves something like those :) thanks for the recommendations though. they are usually pretty accurate about my personality, careers I'd enjoy, where my aptitudes are, etcetera. But they don't really tell me anymore about myself than I already understand. I know I'm young and I'm still growing into who I'll be, but I have a fairly good grasp on who I am so far at this point in life. I just want to know who I WAS. Haha. It's not something any of those tests or any others I've ever heard of can answer.
KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

There are so many things that one reads about and considers during the journey. I HAVE looked at the astrological birth chart as well in the past that Snake Medicine referred to. For me that filled in SOME gaps on the road to self-discovery (which self-discovery eventually led to past life recall). I am glad that several people responded in this thread, as this way Emmy will get some additional suggestions regarding how she could move forward.

What you have to understand is that things really really speed up for enlightened individuals, and it becomes impossible to recall in a linear fashion every aha (as well as mundane) moment that went into discovering the big picture. I find that many of the enlightened don't even try to explain what they see as un-explainable, as they feel people will eventually experience it for themselves anyway ...as your journey IS personal. Initially, in the sudden excitement of my enlightenment, I was looking right and left to see who else I could bring along on the journey, just to find that few people (in my immediate surroundings anyway) were ready.

It sounds like Emmy IS ready to tackle some of her issues.

Whether it is illness or fears, at one point in our lives we must simply stop all that we are doing and just look at this thing, this fear or illness. What have we done about it up to his point. Where is this coming from? or even what is this illness or fear keeping me from doing?

If you are afraid of fish for example, go to a pet store and look at the fish in the tanks. As the fish swim in the tanks, what PART is frightening you. Is it the big fish, the little fish, the teeth of the fish? what? Is it really the fish you are afraid of? Is it the water? Are you better with swimming pools than deep lakes/oceans etc.? Throw an object into a bowl of water that has the ability to slowly sink. See if there is any emotional response to this? If none, fine. Sometimes there may not be a response to any of this until you get to a certain geographical area of the world (perhaps on a certain vacation)and then a specific shore/beach/or part of the ocean brings with it numerous discoveries. Don't expect to make all the connections to all things immediately as it happens. So, taking some photos out and going back on memory lane could help the process. [Don't ignore the things that appear odd to you] After enlightenment looking at old photos is a strange thing. You not only know about your past lives, but now discover certain players in this life who may only show up for a short segment of your life, but who have played a more significant role in a past life. You have lost touch with them now, but wish you could contact them to tell them that you so appreciated their input in that past life and it was good to see them again in this life as a friend of a friend.

But back to fish, boats, water etc. You may become physically ill during wale watching although you don't have any issues being on boats otherwise. You find yourself leaning over the edge of the boat and feel much better, but the minute you get to the inside & center of the boat you become ill again. (Obviously, these are just examples, but see how you need to look for the specifics in your situation). Keep asking why and what part is the issue or problem.

As for the driving:

Sit in a quiet darkened room, close your eyes and pretend you are driving. Actually rest your hand on a pillow in your lap holding your arms up as if they were holding the steering wheel. Don't go actively trying to think further. See what comes up on its own. If this is going anywhere, do it a few more times.

Sometimes the trauma and the fear is so great that it takes several lifetimes to get through it.

I believe I was a Titanic survivor. Only have issues with certain parts of the "oceans". Some geographical parts of the Earth I am still not ready to tackle again (in this lifetime). I don't wish to visit Africa or the Middle East nor Egypt, although I have become aware of some of my split incarnations who are working on those issues that I decided to table. All the power to them.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Sounds like you have a head start with things so I suspect you will run across your past lives yourself, eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnLxndv3I5Q

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Snake,

I can relate to this one. I have almost been killed in one accident and was declared dead at the scene of another. I have brain damage as a result of the second one. In both cases, the person who hit me suffered a broken nose, but that was all. I am alive only because I was driving a huge old car both times.

I also have a heart arrhythmia due to my Lyme Disease that can strike with no warning and triple my pulse rate in one heartbeat, with a possible blackout. When that happens I have a panic attack on top of it. I voluntarily stopped driving everywhere but the grocery store due to that about 15 yrs. ago, and 8 yrs. ago stopped going for groceries too, after I almost passed out in the checkout line for the 2nd week in a row. (Can't stand up too long with this problem, or lack of blood to the head triggers the heart problem, and it takes an hour to get our weekly groceries, even with a list in order of where things are in the store).

On the basis of this, I was diagnosed with PTSD, but I've never had a flashback to either of the accidents, which I was taught in college was a requirement for that diagnosis, so I am not so sure. I do feel an increase in anxiety in cars though, even now that I am just riding. Other drivers take chances I would never take. I have a very healthy respect for what 2 tons of steel can do to the human body now and would rather get there more slowly.

I have some pretty obvious reasons for my driving fears. I wonder if maybe you are picking up thoughts of other drivers car accidents that they have been in. Many of them will have been in accidents. Where I live, they say it is not a matter of if you will have an accident, but when and how bad will it be, since the population is so dense that all our roads are graded D or F for having too much traffic on them. We also have a lot of very old people who should not be driving, but there is no other way to get around here.

I wonder if a stronger shield, and maybe wearing or carrying a black tourmaline when you drive would help. You are probably already doing that though.

For me, I know part of the problem is lack of control. I like to control my environment. I can't control what other idiots do behind the wheel, and that scares me. I know the need to control is futile, since I will never control the world, but it is definitely a factor for me. I have a low level of trust in others, and they are guilty until proven innocent, not the other way around. This was not how I was when I was young; it is due to experiences.

If you figure out how to handle this, please let me know! I have become almost totally isolated since I stopped driving, which is very depressing. I wish you great insight into this problem. :-)

C. Cat

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

It is interesting how traumatized we get over these things. If we only realized that some of these experiences are intended for the other person/driver. For example, I had the belligerant driver situation (and I could have described it word for word as above). As he leaned on his horn (after arriving out of no where) ...obviously speeding... I realized that this was a test of his current state. Is he getting more compassionate with others, or is he going to be dead soon and given another opportunity to retry in another life. Instead of being traumatized, I felt sorry for him. Since I was being used as the teacher in this experiment (of driving) and he the student, I also believed that if the Universe was going to use me for this experiment, it was also going to provide for my safety. So, being almost rear ended did not stay with me long.

These tests and experiences don't just involve driving. There is a person who is an established high ranking administrator at a University setting and a Facebook friend. As of late I note that she keeps posting conflicting spiritual messages on her Facebook page. At times (based on the things she posts) one could assume that she is way up there in compassion. Periodically, I would respond to her post just to test that level of compassion. Her rude way of not responding at all is testing how much affect I am getting out of her ignoring me. Each time she has less and less affect on me, which means I am learning. The next thing (I predict will happen) is that she will be moved onto dealing with someone other than myself who is still getting a little more "sting" out of this than an enlightened guru.

Hope this makes some sense to you guys. Try to see with each event "who" is getting the bigger lesson here?

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi SNAKE,,

Wow! I've had a couple of biggies, but you sure have had a lot of little car accidents that have added up, and I would be even more of a wreck in your situation I think, since it's happened so often, but of course, I'll never know. It's certainly not a contest anyway!

I think KM made a really good point there. Who is getting the bigger lesson? Did I volunteer to participate in this lesson, in which case, let me try to contort my foot around to the back like an acrobat, so I can kick myself in the ass.

I am also working on people having less effect on me. It seems to be working well with the kid with the loud motorcycle. It works with idiot customer service people to the extent that I now cry in frustration rather than having a rage. So, I am still a work in progress.

C. Cat

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

A few years back, I stood there in disbelief too that I could have possibly volunteered for this life. So "Cat" I will kick your behind if you kick mine.

What we fail to realize is that at the time we plan all this with our soul group, we know the significant markers we will hit (while here on Earth) as well as our exit plan. To that entity that is planning this, what is a short time of suffering? May I remind you also that an Earthly life time is a short time in terms of eternity. Once we get here, we have to rediscover that knowing we had back then. If we do, the game gets a bit easier. I am beginning to think too that no matter how introverted you may be or become on this planet, you can't beat the game unless you cooperate with others. Certain avenues simply won't open up for you until you do. Some of us are getting the tougher challenges too like chronic illnesses. I did not spend much time thinking of myself as a healer before, but I am starting to self heal. Yesterday I heard a presentation by Dolores Cannon where she said it with conviction that we all have the ability to do so. She went further to say that we make ourselves sick.

Well, I better go heal myself then, as I just busted a blood vessel in my finger and it is rather uncomfortable to type. Come to think of it, this is about the third hand injury I am telling you guys about. It is time to ask the question, "what is up with that"?

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
3 years ago
731 posts

Snake and Cat. For a time I went through a phase of being anxious when driving. Someone had given me a little angel (with a poem on it).The poemwas about giving all your worries to the angel to take care of. So I put the little angel in the glove-box and let the little angel take all the worries while I was driving. After a while, my driving anxiety lessened. I have now passed the little angel on to another person who had a fear of going to the dentist to put in her pocket when she goesto the dentist.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 years ago
1,185 posts

Dear SnakeMedicine,

You are correct! I am surprised to read this post of yours because I do think you come across as quite confident and assertive. For me, part of it is your Avatar. I look at it and see a strong leader with head upturned, appearing to lead some sort of ritual. That may not be what it's meant to be, but that is what I pick up from it, and since I have no idea what you look like, my mind fills in the rest.

I used to be just where you are now. With people whose vibration was pretty high, loving kindness worked, and problems were eventually ironed out. But some people vibrate so much lower they are not living in their upper chakras at all.

I am no longer a pushover, but I do NOT recommend that you change the way I did, by letting yourself be mistreated by horrible in-laws, neighbors and so-called friends. I simply reached a point where I was DONE and unleashed all that held in wrath. Where being endlessly kind had gotten me only more bullying, giving them their own medicine in spades scared them so much that they leave me totally alone now. It is much more peaceful. I no longer take any crap from anyone, and I don't give that person ammo to use against me. I have become much less open and wait until I feel I know which type of person I am dealing with before I trust.

I was taught never to lower myself to the level of that sort of person, and never to get angry, but I find they literally live in a different world, where compassion is regarded as weakness, and if you don't play by rules they understand, at least until you get them out of your life, you just get more and worse of the same. We can see this working in a much larger way upon the world stage right now. Some people think they can influence people who live in a society with 11th century values by treating them as if they have 21st century values. They regard this as weakness. It has only resulted in more pain for everyone.

I am working hard on not caring what that type of person thinks, says or does, so that I can say " thank you for the kind words", no matter what is said to me, while walking away as fast as my legs can go. Controlling my reaction afterwards, once I get away and am in private is a lot harder. My goal is to get to where I can laugh and move on right away, without giving it another thought. I have a long way to go and often get so angry that I'm amazed I haven't had a stroke.

The point is not to let them see it, because one thing I pick up from almost all of these people is how much they enjoy seeing that they have made you angry and hurt you. That's how miserable they are; their joy comes from making someone else even more miserable than they are. I have seen them grin with delight. They are the ones who are pathological, not us.

These are the same people honking and giving you the finger for going the speed limit. I think a smile and a wave will break their anger better than anything else. They do not know what to do with it, and do not expect it.

I don't think anything I've said is really going to help with your driving fears, but it may help a bit with the pleasing everyone else part. I felt the same guilt over my car accidents, especially the one where I was declared dead. It backed up a major roadway at rush hour and people were as much as 4 hrs. late getting home that night. I felt guilty for years even though it was not ruled to be my fault. I don't think I would feel that now. I have detached myself from what others feel and think to a much greater degree, simply by affirming it each morning when I put up my shield.

C. Cat

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

Ok, you two...I am taking this over to a private campout chat. ha ha

I just sent C. Cat a friend request, so we can talk this over some more.

I have just the book for the two of you.

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

I originally used the link posted by Ecila, but I ventured off on my own later on the internet and came across some Dolores Cannon material where she talks about the "volunteers".

Dolores refers to these volunteers as entities who came to help on Earth but have no Karma baggage.

Could Emmy be one of them? Only Emmy would know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ucn3Xswv4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45jj-zTr9EA

In one of the above links Dolores, a long time hypnotherapist, differentiates these volunteers from walk-ins. I found that really interesting. Some things she talked about seemed to resonate with my own experience, and I felt that she knew what she was talking about.

Good thing too, as later when I saw her responding in question and answer sessions, she was not as effective. I wish she did not even try to do that part. She is primarily a researcher with a specific focus. Sometimes during question and answer sessions people try to engage her in their own speculation and I don't think she has the energy or the interest in pursuing that. (So, you can feel free to skip that part if you follow the link)

Emmy could pursue hypnosis, if she felt the need. However, some of us just instinctively work toward the goals that we came here to do. If we quiet our mind the direction which we need to go in will present itself.

Dolores mentioned a group of entities for example, who don't even need to do anything but "be" and everyone around them will absorb the energy they bring. Those folks will find it really frustrating to try and fit into a world where "people" define and give significance to the question: "what do you do?".

You may get an answer like "I am", but that would only leave the questioner further puzzled.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

KM...Cool that you gave the link a try:) You do have to have really good meditation going for this to work, as I think he says in the talk. This is one way to gain direct knowledge.

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

I had so much coming at me "directly" that I have not found it necessary to be put under hypnosis to discover past lives. I do realize though that for some people who are curious about their past lives but not yet reached the meditative states necessary for direct past life recall on their own, this could be a tool. That is why I mentioned it.

Ecila, thanks by the way for opening a certain door, where once I peeked in, I started really exploring. The link itself was funny (and so true), but sometimes it is where you go from there that counts. So, in some strange sense, you acted as a "guide" to some additional and very useful knowledge that will start me asking new questions during my meditations and explorations. Thanks for taking the time to post that link.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Glad it helped. That funny little fellow brought me out of my "great depression." He is always funny and silly but not to everyone's taste, as I have been told many times:)

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Silliness aside, he has a degree in theoretical physics from Cambridge, is the abbott and spiritual director of many Buddhists organizations, an expert in Pali and Buddhism, and a very wise man. Hard to tell, though, by the way he is so down to earth.

Retrogirl
@retrogirl
3 years ago
317 posts

Hi Emmy,

I'm seeing 2 past lives for you. The first one is a soldier in WWI. British, a man, very tall, thin, very pale skin, and dirty blonde hair. Young, like 19. There's a real feeling of disjointedness, clumsy, disconnected. He felt a strong sense of service when he enrolled in the army. Also, a sense of loneliness, never really fitting in. It started with his birth family, they were sort of strict in their beliefs, but really they were just a little selfish, and used their beliefs as an excuse to be selfish. More so the dad, he was the ruler of the house, and the mother wanted to be more emotional with the kids, but was prevented by the dad. I see a sister as well, although when she acted out, it was a little more accepted because she was the apple of her dad's eye. You (as this man) tried very hard to be religious, and be what you were supposed to be, but it only left you feeling disconnected from yourself & everyone else. I him kneeling by his bed at night and praying really hard. I feel like he was injured in the war, and expected a hero's welcome when he came home, but it was almost like the opposite when he came back, like he's family forgot about him while he was gone, and there was just a cold shoulder when he came back. This led to horrible depression, and while it wasn't advisable for him to re-enlist in the war, he did, and was killed. It's almost like a suicide because he basically knew (and didn't care) that he would die. Yikes!

The second one is a woman, a very powerful shaman-type lady. Lots of powers & abilities, a wonderful life, completely connected, grounded, etc. This is like the total opposite of the other life! I do feel like you have many similar lives from both sides of this spectrum. I even think the disjointed ones are usually (possibly always) male, and the connected ones are female. I'm seeing another female, possibly in England. I see you as a 16 year old girl, full of life & mischeif. It's older, like 1600 or 1700's. It was just a wonderful life. Interesting! I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book