Think I had a glimpse of a past life

To post a reply, login or signup

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Hi, ive been trying lots of different types of meditation and did actually try a past life guided one a month or so ago with no luck.However last night I did one which was just beats iso something and binaural. It was aimed at third eye and opening heart. I didn't have any particular expectations but I was suddenly in what looked like a tropical forest and a gowned older man appeared I felt he was 'a higher up being ' almost God like. He was telling me I'm on the right path and to continue and that he's always there and I'm looked after. He kind of ushered me to continue without him but to know he was always there. I continued and in the forest a door appeared so I went through and up a massive staircase there were doors and corridors leading off at different levels and I just kept going and then asked 'who am I and why am I here?' I kept walking and a friend spirit side appeared next to me walking alongside to a door I felt I wanted to go through. It was a huge room full of books and tables (side note, I have recently read about akashi records and felt this was it) I asked for my book and there was then one in my hands. I opened it and then started to see a maid, there was such anguish and sadness I knew she had lost two children one about 6months old and the other was 4. I knew it had something to do with her partner a bad man. I knew she was eventually hung and she hadn't moved on from this kind of loop of misery. I tried to imagine a light for her to go into and told her she's forgiven for any bad choices she made in that life. She wasn't the one who killed her children. I became aware that MY lesson in this life is to speak out always when I feel someone is doing me wrong not in a nasty way but to not worry so much about those who do me wrong may think of me when I stick up for myself. To have the courage of my convictions. To not make choices based on somebody else's wants/needs just because I can't stand to feel their anger or disapproval.It gets foggy after that but my intention was to get her and the others I could feel but not see in the same loop into the light..where her children were waiting for her!This was very vivid until the end part so I'm not sure if she went. I'm also baffled that this happened without the intention of past life/akashi records. It was just a binaral beat meditation that I had no particular expectations of.I'm a bit blown away by it all today. I've even tried googling about the maid and her kids but didn't find anything.Anyone got any thoughts? X Blessings
updated by @gem: 07/05/17 09:31:04PM
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

As you found out in the above case, the proper preparation, and added intention was enough to lay the ground work. However, trying harder was not the way to get through to the information you seek. At times when the mind is truly calm (the trick is "calm LONG ENOUGH"), then information will come through to you. Which it did!

I know exactly how amazing it seems to our conscious state when that does happen, and especially when the conscious part of us least expects it.

Know that you are supported.

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Thanks KM, I'm still kind of shocked but you are right..I have learnt a good lesson here that setting expectations/intentions is not always the way. I think it's also taught me to 'just go with it'.I hope she went into the light..such a shame it went foggy at that point. I don't remember coming out of the meditation at all.
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

Be careful with this one. What I am saying is that "setting an intention to learn about something" is the part you need to continue. Just know that the answer may not come right away. Pressing, pressuring (especially worrying that the information is not yet forthcoming) is exactly what shuts down the information from coming through. So, basically don't try too hard, but DO continue to calm the mind so that the information you seek has the chance to get through.

In my case a lot of information came through so fast and at once, that I practically had to sit there taking notes and try to grab as much of it as possible at the time (and like you are doing now, processing it later by thinking about it).

Learning about past lives can be part of a healing process. However, spending too much time away from the current life struggle may keep you longer in a state where that information will be locked away from you. You need to concentrate on and complete enough of this struggle, in the life that you and I are communicating in right now before more past life information will come forward. Sometimes only short bursts will come through, because they may move you forward with a current problem.

Don't hesitate to write back if I am not being clear.

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Yes I understand. I'll try not to focus too much on specifics but continue to meditate to quieten the mind and learn. Things will come when they are supposed to at a rate that's manageable.Thank you x
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

The information will try to get through in ways that you can understand. If you are predominantly left brained, for example, you may get verbal cues, if you are right brained, the information will come more as pictures (visions) and simply "knowing" something. Like the way you knew what the person's circumstances were in the above example (your original post).

Because people are more relaxed while they sleep (the sleeping process actually becomes for them a type of meditation). Information can surface as a strange dream. A dream journal can be helpful to keep. A friend of mine is better with keeping up a journal, because he is left brained. I record mostly the more exciting ones or the more puzzling ones where the message does not seem too clear. The real message in a dream may not hit you until you see the same circumstances play out later in your life. Then you are excited and puzzled by what one may interpret as the strangest coincidence.

I was glad to find your post because I am excited to find people who are going through a similar journey.

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
I'm really glad you responded KM because these happenings are so new to me (aside from seeing my deceased Nana age 7 and sensing her around periodically through life). Me paying attention to my spiritual inclinations is very new and borne out of a very difficult time for me so it really really helps to hear other peoples advice/perspectives on what I'm going through.I'm definitely more visual and feeling.. Rather than auditory. I 'feel' the words in my meditations I don't hear them in the usual sense.I'd say meditation has been the thing that's been a catalyst and I wish I'd discovered it years ago...although the like you said things seem to happen when they are supposed to and not before. This is a real learning curve for me!Wishing you lots of love and light in your own journey x
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

The people who go through difficult times tend to get to this point faster than those who seem to have everything going for them. Some even complete their journey early, and then they can just kick back. Well, the kicking back is work too, but there seems to be less suffering because you get a different perspective by then. Don't worry if this makes little sense at this point. I am just chattering.

:)

KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

I just had an interesting revelation about past lives (or other lives) as I sometimes like to call them, but did not quite have the time to start and monitor a whole new discussion about it. I thought I post it here, for whatever it is worth.

In bits and pieces certain past lives can become known to us. One morning I woke with a name coming to me. The reason I took notice is that I am not a left brained individual, and I am hard pressed to remember names of people I need to. This was a name I did not recognize nor was I sure how to spell it.

So, I also got a clue (or knowing) that the person's name had to do with space or space travel. I thought, there is no way I am going to remember this later, so I went to my computer in the early hours of the morning to jot down the name. I looked it up later, and I found that there was a similar sounding name in space travel, although I did not get the spelling exactly right. I wrote it down how it sounded to me when it was communicated to me.

I spent a little time looking into the life of this famous person, and for the first time I became aware how many similarities this person and I had. Today, as I was doing mundane tasks, like putting clean towels back on the shelf, it came to me how often I shouted a certain thing at my son's soccer game, that was almost one and the same word as the space ship this past life of mine had died in. As if I was slowly being reminded of who I was. Clues were coming, but until sufficient background stuff comes through, the revelation would not be as meaningful. Or one might just brush off the revelation of that past life as: "nah... I just wish I would have been that person" rather than, now I can see how I could have been that person, because there is all this stuff that lined up soooooo similarly for me that it is uncanny.

Then I thought, if there is no time, we just perceive it as there is, then this may not even be a past life of mine but I am living the life before that space accident. I may be living another probability that had not yet come to that point of opportunity this person had to actually make it onto that space vehicle.

Another interesting thing was, how often I thought the same exact thought as in documentaries this person was heard saying/thinking, such as: I don't think this opportunity would open up to me, but if they were taking blah blah blah's into space, I would definitely volunteer. I would be so excited that that would overshadow any possible fear involved in the venture.

Well, I am just rambling here. However, past life information comes to us in so many ways, we are just not awake enough to see it for what it is. It is in the things we say, the things we do, the people that turn up in our lives and so on.

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Wow, thanks for sharing that here! That's really interesting and funny because I've been thinking an awful lot today about syncronisities although I myself haven't had any I'm aware of yet.The general theme of my day though has been one of thinking about the importance of paying attention to things I would usually 'brush off' or not think anything of.. So reading your post just now really made sense to me.Sounds really interesting what you've experienced please do update if you get anymore information you feel like sharing.I've just woken from a nap and I actually had a song stuck on loop in my head whilst I drifted off so I'm going to put it here.It was Alanis Morrisette the bit that kept playing in my head was..'the concepts, the craziness and the sound of pretenses falling, all around, all around'It kept looping round the above.I asked for guidance today and went for my nap holding onto my clear quartz and angelite stones. My hands are tingling with pins and needles at the moment.X
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

I'll try and quickly give another example:

As a young adult I was inspired to paint (more like copy) a Thomas Kinkade painting of a cute cottage. Now I must mention here that I had not painted much before then, nor after that time, so this is highly unusual for me. I was pretty happy with the result and tucked my art in with other sentimental stuff I keep around the house. Many many years later, after a very serious past life recall/enlightenment process, I was busy reading about all these famous people that have been revealed to me to be past lives; [again, history not being one of my favorite subjects, this was unusual as well]. My research turned up an interesting video on one of the past lives. Pictures and events were flashed from the person's short time here on earth, but interestingly the person who put the video together also included something that to most would be totally out of context. Suddenly I saw the same cottage I had painted (repainted) years ago show up in the footage. If the picture of the cottage would have been incorporated in the video in some seamless fashion, I would have said, coincidence. But it was just flashed in there for what seems like absolutely no reason. I began tearing around the house looking for the old painting attempt to see if this was truly one and the same cottage. It was.

Interestingly, this famous person always felt excluded from his famous singer family. Although I am not too impressed with celebrities and alike and don't spend much time reading or thinking about them, I always felt that I could be happy singing with this one group (a famous band), if the opportunity arose, not even on stage, just kicking back in a relaxed setting. Prior to the past life recall I had no idea why I felt that way. Now everything suddenly made sense, just like after reading about the other famous people and their experiences that seemed to coincide with my life.

So the Thomas Kinkade painting did not mean that I had been him in another life, but the painting had led me to this other person and although the cottage thing was not the only reason I had believed to be that person in another life, suddenly this pulled me closer to actually believing it.

Same goes for clothing I had been given by a very old person to wear to a gala event. I found pictures of a famous woman who was revealed to me to be a past life, and lo and behold she was photographed in practically the same dress. Things like that can be extra helpful if you are trying to figure out which one of a set of twins you were in a past life. In this case the dress and various other personality traits, and writing style had firmed that up.

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Interesting, just shows you to pay attention to all the little things as they can build a clearer picture!I've been tempted for a while to have someone facilitate a past life recall for me. I've looked into various people local to me and there are two I'm tempted by...with Christmas coming and gifts to buy I'll have to put it on hold and just continue my meditation and see if anything more comes to me.Sounds like you are very well versed in this particular area. It's very interesting stuff.
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

Another member here on Empath Community pointed me to the late Dolores Cannon Books. Some of which you will find right online to read. Check that out. I think that reading will trigger some things in your own mind. It also won't cost anything.

I read, meditate and work on the daily struggles of this CRAZY life. ha ha What else can we do?

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Thank you I'll look up her books! Do you know, it's just so nice to talk to like minded people and be able to express my interests and try to discover things without any judgement!I'm learning so much here. Thanks x
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

That is how it works. One member sent the info to me, I send it onto you and you will, I am sure, if it turns out to be meaningful will also pass it on. That is how the world goes around.

;)

Visitor
@visitor
10 months ago
303 posts

I had a flashback when I was visiting a shaman. I was a Native American boy, don't know what time period, but probably Civil War or earlier. I was very happy, living in the southwest, and I was very close to my mother (unlike this present life). I have been drawn to the southwest for many years, and finally moved there. It's been a rough go, but I never want to leave. I don't know what happened to the boy I was. (I'm female in this incarnation.)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book