Picking up feelings of a past life

To post a reply, login or signup

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

As Empaths you may find this interesting. I wont bore you with the details of a recent experience I had, however, the conclusion I drew from it could help others.

It occurred to me (after some contemplation) that just like an Empath is challenged to differentiate between their own feelings and the feelings of others they are picking up in public, something similar can be at play with respect to your own past lives.

Some of the strong feelings you may be picking up may not originate from someone around you in the room, but instead signal a deep unresolved hurt from a past life.

For those of us who have had many many past lives, and chose to live lives that did not necessarily involve a common theme, this life may initially appear confusing. It can be rather difficult to find that path that everyone is talking about.

You get a very strong feeling, and thinkshould I do something with this?. If in your current life you happen to be preoccupied with a subject (which I found myself to be at the present), you can easily think that your current strong feeling may be a sign or something that you need to apply what you are feeling in the direction of your current thinking.

If we quickly act on the strong feelings we are picking up (instead of contemplating them and trying to place them), we could actually side track from our current goals or path.

I doubt that I or anyone else would come back to a life to repeat the exact same path that was previously pursued. What would be the growth in that? So, one needs to ask the question why am I feeling this way?. Is this a new direction for me, or an OLD one I am touching on to remind me of something.

I guess, what I am trying to say here is that meditating on the issue or simply clearing your mind and giving the thoughts time to percolate, so to speakcan be of benefit to us in this life.

Think, do, think instead of Do, think, Do [For me at least, this has caused less messes].

The above may help (or confuse) Empaths. However, if you have started to see your past lives, and quite a few of them, you will have to take the time to sort out past work from a current, new and meaningful path or direction.

updated by @km: 07/04/17 08:25:41AM
KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

From the number of views and no comments, I am figuring that I did more confusing than clearing things up, so I'll try and clarify:

What made me think of the above was a trip I recently took. I visited a restaurant during a business trip, and while having dinner, the evening entertainment was just starting to kick in with a person singing softly and playing a piano. During the dinner, my back was to the entertainer and I pictured a young person singing old songs. Eventually as the evening went on, I became more and more aware of the music, and curious as to who was singing. I turned, and was surprised to see a person older than his voice.

The reason I started to look in the first place was that there was something unusual about the voice. (Again I will try and spare the really long story here). Bottom line is, had I known the lyrics, I would have been tempted to jump behind the person and sing background to the piece he was singing.

This whole thing was pretty unusual for me, as I don't think of myself as impulsive. So, I began to think about this experience in terms of what I would like to do with the rest of my life. That has been on my mind afterall lately. I did not think music to be a very easy transition for me, as I left music behind long ago when I chose to pursue sports.

Earlier in the day I saw several people doing public speaking using a microphone in front of a large audience, and that left me neutral. However, the voice behind the microphone singing with the piano in the background brought out quite a different reaction in me.

All I could do is sit back and let this fact sink in, as I did not know what meaning this would have for me at this time in my life. Although I posed the question to myself "what should I do with this information", all I could do is wait for an answer.

A day or two later watching a youtube piece about a deceased entertainer made everything click. I was told back in 2012 that this entertainer and I may be split incarnations. He died rather young. Although he was accomplished in his own right, he expressed in this interview I clicked on accidentally the other night, that he much rather have sang backup to a particular popular band than get his own individual awards. He was deeply troubled.

So, I realized that although I am living this life knowing that singing in a band is not in the cards for me, that soul that I am carrying on still has tremendously strong feelings about what he feels he did not accomplish.

Then, when I realized that this was a feeling I was picking up from this past or split incarnation, I thought, ok then what lesson is there in this for me (in this life)?

That is when I realized that I almost made the same mistake as this split incarnation of mine. For a while, I did not give myself credit for the things I did accomplish or was good at. I kept looking at the things I thought I should be striving toward or not yet reached. As time goes on, I am becoming more content, but like this split incarnation of mine, if not careful, I could still take my remaining competitiveness to my grave.

Hope this makes more sense. (sorry)

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

Re: "I am still attempting to piece together the puzzle."

You might like the Book of Storms exercises that is on the web. I have yet to get the complete book. I did those exercises, I guess, at just the right time for me. Then that started me meditating, and things took off from there, I would say so rapidly that it was mind boggling. Prior to that, it did not appear that I was on a spiritual journey at all. Suddenly there was more clarity, past lives revelation, increased clairvoyance, and things started to make sense in a way that it never did before. I did a lot of other work, of course, but I would not say I did it consciously. While bookstores were closing their doors, I would pick up books I probably would have never looked up in a library on ESP or Kundalini Yoga etc. It may have even taken me time to actually take these books off the shelf at home to really get into them. However, the same force that made me pick them up in the first place guided me back to them at the right time in my life, I guess. It now makes me wonder if anything is unplanned in our lives??? We are just not fully conscious of it.

It is interesting that you mentioned "logical people". I still run through everything logically to try and figure out if I am simply changing in a spiritual way (change of perception) or am I going Alzheimers. For now, my husband claims, I am not losing it. He can't quite follow all that I am experiencing, but when I tell him things that are going to happen the next day and it happens, he knows something is working rather than not working in my head. ha ha

Periodically I put something out there. The people who are ready for it will read it and it will make perfect sense to them. For others, it probably was not the right time, or the right material in the first place. I remember not so long ago wondering what is the big deal about Depak Chopra. Now I am reading his books. No, it is not peer pressure. I have never followed something just because other people did it.

All the information (including your past lives) is out there in the open. It is just amazing how we spend most of our lives chasing things to please our EGOs and fail to see what is right under our noses.

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

I think you said that more concisely than I ever could.

Thanks

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book