My first actual experience with a Past Life, done while meditating.

To post a reply, login or signup

Phyllis
@phyllis
6 years ago
37 posts

I have had several dreams throughout my current life time and a few I believe to be memories of past lives. This is the first experience I've had while doing a meditation focused on retrieving a past life.

I followed some of Amaya's suggestions and started by clearing my chakras and then asked for my spirit guide to join me. It took a bit of time and concentration and letting go to focus and not get bogged with other things.

I actually believe I saw my spirit guide, it was neat. Then I showed up around a large wooden table. It looked like pioneer days. I was feeding a boy at the front left side end of the table, I was standing, the boy was about 4 or 5 and his name was Connor. I cared for him, but don't know my connection? (sister, mom, cousin etc). There were about 5 or six children around the table all of various ages, but I couldn't make them out. I don't know who the Mother or Father were, or if I were the mother? I just know that I wanted to take care of this sweet boy. Looking around the girls and possibly me? had on white bonnets and longish dresses. Much like what I would think of as pioneer days. I couldn't hear any accent? It was a meal time. That's all I got from this one. I was surprised by the detail of the young boy and his name "Connor" I don't know anyone now by that name. He seemed familiar, but I can't place him now? I plan on continuing with my quest to get more information, but I really wanted to share this, it is a huge breakthrough for me.

updated by @phyllis: 07/02/17 12:33:56PM
onetrubeliever
@onetrubeliever
6 years ago
136 posts
That is so neat, Phyllis!! I know how hard it is get to any meditative state. I no sooner get started and one of the dogs just absolutely has to go out right then and there. Like a toddler when you get on the phone. LOL I am so happy that you could get there. Having a chaotic mind is not conductive to past life retrieval or spirit contact. At least for me, spirit contact is not a deep state -but I have trouble nonetheless. Congratulations on your breakthrough - it is remarkable.
Phyllis
@phyllis
6 years ago
37 posts
What I did was clear my chakras, then went to a comfy place. For me it was on a hill under a tree overlooking a stream (all imaginative visualization). Then I asked my guide to join me. It took a while. I asked to go to a previous life that would help with healing. I relaxed some more and visualized a door and stepped through it. I just saw what I saw then. As it all appeared, Itried to look around and see more detail, but I didn't want to start thinking with my head, so I just got the feel of it all. When it faded away, I thanked my guide and woke up, very weak and dizzyish. I had a nap.
onetrubeliever
@onetrubeliever
6 years ago
136 posts
I have trouble with the wandering, too. So many inane thoughts keep popping in. I have not tried to go in deep - I have enough trouble getting into a light state so I can "hear". I can talk to my guide just as I do my spirits, but I have not been deep enough to see him. It is exciting, isn't it.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

That is fantastic! Congratulations, Phyllis! That sounds exactly like how I usually experience things when I look at past lives.

The part that will take some practice (and it sounds like it won't take you much practice, because you already have the basic idea) is to create that balance that you referred to of thinking (directing the experience) and observing (allowing the experience to unfold). The next step in this experience would be to ask your guide(s) questions, such as: Who are you in this life? What is your relationship with Connor? You asked for a lifetime that would help with healing, so what is it that needs to be done here? If you want, you can create a sort of imaginary remote control that allows you to fast forward to the important bits, like how you died in this lifetime.

You also mentioned feeling weak and dizzy when you woke up. This is usuallya symptom of not being firmly grounded during meditation - too much spiritual energy builds up in the upper chakras. It's difficult forme to staygrounded when I meditate lying down, so I generally always meditate in a sitting position. If you haven't already, you might try looking at the root chakra exercise segment for some ideas on grounding. As a quick fix, if you feel that way after a meditation againin the future, you can simplykneel andput your forehead on the floor for a few minutes. I'm not sure why it works, but it usually does!

Also, the inane thought thing... I have a lot going on in my life at pretty much all times. My mind is usually a tornado of things I need to remember to do, and there are days that it takes aLOT of willpower to get my brain to shut the heck up. I find that if I journal regularly (and keep to-do lists!), it'smuch, mucheasier to clear my mind for meditation. If there's a day that you find it particularly difficult to clear your mind, you might try typing out three pages or so of whatever you happen to be thinking about, then try again.

Keep up the good work, Phyllis!

Phyllis
@phyllis
6 years ago
37 posts

Thank you Amaya, This is very helpful information. I always wondered about grounding. I thought I was doing it correctly but it looks like I need more practice in this area. All of this is so new to me. I am finally able to put into perspective whats has been going on with me all my life. I can now understand and accept it and actually enjoy it. My son keeps telling me that I have to protect myself. My energy is strong, but unless I actually take the time to build a 'bubble' I really am not grounded. I will work on it and let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much for your support!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book