Zodiac Signs of the characters in Alice in Wonderland

To post a reply, login or signup

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

This discussion started in another thread where it did not belong, so I am moving it here and hope some group members will be interested.

We started talking about the long tossed around idea that Lewis Carroll intended the 12 major characters in Alice in Wonderland to each represent a sign of the Zodiac.

I have listed the main characters below, according to a list found on Google, with guesses from myself and one other member of EC, as to what sign they might be.

Please discuss and add your own ideas, if they differ. Or, if any of you are experts on Lewis Carroll, is this whole thing a false idea?

Characters and their possible signs:

1. The Red Queen = Scorpio

2. The White Rabbit = Virgo

3. The March Hare = Aries

4. The MockTurtle = Pisces

5. Alice = Aquarius

6. The Mad Hatter = Gemini

7. The Dormouse =

8. The Knave ofHearts =

9. The Dodo =

10. The Caterpillar = Sagittarius

11. The Cheshire Cat = Libra

12. The Duchess =

C.Cat

updated by @cheshire-cat: 07/24/17 06:59:51AM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

This is a fascinating subject but it's been so long since I've read the book. Maybe it's time for another reading. Where is the other thread? I would like to read what you all have said already. Alice is aquarius...interesting! I would have guess Mad Hatter!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

The other thread is on the home page and is by Karina. It is about narcs in the family, but I can't remember the title. I think about finding out she is an empath. Not much in it is off topic. There are some great pictures by Bing, and then comes a quote from the Cheshire Cat, a pic of it's smile, a quote from the caterpillar, and Robin's query about the signs.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Thanks SM,

I could not remember the Duchess at all. Cancer it is. :-)

That leaves us with Taurus, Leo, and Capricorn unclaimed.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

http://www.oxfordastrologer.com/2012/09/the-fabulous-chart-of-alice...

That link has a chart of the birth of the story, which was on July 4, 1862.

On a Yahoo answers page, I found this:

One person says

White Rabbit - Virgo (Nervous, timid, moves around quickly, official messenger of the queen's court)

Cheshire Cat - Scorpio (Independent, mysterious, challenges Alice with philosophical conversation, disappears at will)

The Mad Hatter / March Hare - Gemini (Talkative, likes riddles, a little batty...)

The Caterpillar - Capricorn (Taciturn, intellectual, aloof, gives good advice)

The Mock Turtle - Cancer (Melancholy, lives by the sea, sadness connected to his past/memories)

The Dormouse - Pisces (Dreamy, sleepy, victimized by others)

The Duchess - Cancer (Moody, volatile, unpredictable)

The Queen of Hearts - Aries (Uncontrolled passion / fury, arrogant)

-------------------

Another says:

Alice I see as an Aquarius or a Libra.

The Red Queen is Aries.

The Cheshire Cat is either a Cancer or a Scorpio.

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee are Sagittarians or Leo, I think.

The White Rabbit is Gemini.

The Mad Hatter is Leo. March Hare is Pisces.

The Caterpillar I would say is Taurus or Virgo.

----------

I'm still thinking!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Wow! Seems everyone has very different opinions.

I also thought the caterpillar was Capricorn.

I still don't see how the Red Queen could be anything but Scorpio, so the Cheshire Cat can't be too, or can it? Though, you are right about Aries negative characteristics, so maybe.....

We still have no characters who are Taurus unless it's the caterpillar, as you say.

So, I am the Dormouse. Not a bad guess. I pegged myself as the Mock Turtle, since it was always crying over things, lol. Just this morning I cried over an article saying Roundup has killed so much milkweed that 90% of monarchs are dead.

Could the two Tweddles be Gemini twins?

The white rabitt's obsession with being on time is SO Virgo. I have Virgo rising and am always sure to arrive early, so I know what that hurried feeling is like.

I will go read the link now, thanks very much for this link! :-)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Just lost my entire post while trying to save an edit. Will come back when I have a moment and retype it all.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

those aren't my conclusions. I just found that online. I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll had something in mind with 12 characters.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Looks like my post saved after all....just took it five or more minutes to save and it did not save my edit, which said that the chart in the link says Alice is a Cancer with a lot of Gemini influence in her chart. The story of how it came to be written was fascinating, thank you!

I know those aren't your personal conclusions except for the last four, which I thought were, correct me if I am wrong. Yikes! I'm the March Hare. No wonder I have anger issues.

I really have no conclusions anymore. I am just more confused, lol. ;-)

I do still wonder where this rumor got started though......

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

I wrote a long reply and it told me it could not post because I had not written anything. WTH?

Okay, trying again.

From Juzzodiac:

Alice is Pisces

Queen of Hearts is Scorpio

Cheshire Cat is Sagittarius

Mad hatter is Aries

Tweede Dee and Tweedle Dum are cancer

White Rabbit is Virgo

Caterpillar is Libra

From Abnormal Astrology:

Mad Hatter is Aries

March Hare is Taurus

Alice is Gemini

Dormouse is Cancer

Humpty Dumpty is Leo

White Rabbit is Virgo

Caterpillar is Libra

Queen of Hearts is Scorpio

Cheshire Cat is Sagittarius

Duchess is Capricorn

Jabberwock is Aquarius

White Queen is Pisces

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

I really do find this theory interesting. It's a long time since I read this book - (or perhapsI watched a movie?). I don't know if I'd be game to say who was who? I'm enjoying your thoughts on this.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

None of those were mine. I will watch the last movie and get back on this. I haven't seen the one with Johnnie Depp yet!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Ecila, I haven't seen the movie with Johnny Depp either, but would like to. Let us know how you like it. I did watch the TV show spinoff until it got cancelled, but only a few of the characters were in that show.

Robin, there is also another theory about this, ie. that Carroll was trying out hallucinogenic drugs when he wrote it. If you read Ecila's link above, you will find that one is nonsense. I can't believe he'd do something that irresponsible while rowing little girls in a boat.

It brings up the question of whether this theory is nonsense too, which is why nobody's opinions seem to jive. I still can't find out where the idea originated, but I've heard it for decades. It may be an urban legend. I will check out that angle when I find time.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

He could have based some of it after coming down from a trip of some sorts. Being small, being big, talking cards, etc, all sound very much like a trip. I once saw a talking soda machine and little people:)...but I agree, the story has too many layers to be written during a trip.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

SnakeMedicine,

I appreciate you picking Pisces for the Cheshire Cat, since in real life I am a Pisces, but I would probably not have picked my own sign for the cat. Not sure which one I would pick though!

I can see why someone picked Libra for the Caterpillar, since there is a saying about the negative aspect of Libra, ie. "Lazy Libra", and that bug sure is lazy, laying around smoking his weed all day, lol.

I am beginning to doubt this whole zodiac thing. If it is supposed to be true, he made it too hard to figure out. Just my two cents.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Ecila,

I can see this being written after drug experimentation a lot easier than the zodiac thing, actually. But, he could actually have this good of an imagination without drugs too as Snake thinks. I sure don't need drugs to dream up wild stuff!

A talking soda machine would be cool in real life. Even better if it said "Ouch!" after you kick it when you put in your money and nothing comes out. :-)

Having gone to a very activist University in the late sixties and early seventies, most of my friends tripped, and one thing in common was the rebirth experience which permanently changed their outlooks. Being an empath, I was much too overstimulated by plain old life to try hallucinogenic drugs, and was constantly teased and pressed about it. I tried hash once in brownies (they tricked me) and actually saw a giant caterpillar crawling on the radiator. It then turned into a Lion. No thanks! Having seen "The Walmart people" is scary enough, lol.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

No doubt he had incredible imagination. I don't even know if hallucinogenics were in 1800s England. He was a mathematician, so that might account for some of the spacial elements...as well as such unique and abstract thinking!

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

But there was the scene where Alice ate the mushroom...

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Good point! The mushroom thing could be a clue. I also am pretty sure it was the inspiration for Jefferson Airplane's psychedelic song "White Rabbit". Maybe that song is a bit before your time ..... go check it out on YouTube.

I think all times had hallucinogenics. Heck, look at what used to be legal in this country in just the last century.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Why do other people get such cool hallucinations and I get scary ones. The only one I ever had with no drugs was while doing some exercises to improve eyesight. The book, by Joseph Weed, a very strange man, warned that you could start seeing beyond the veil as well as having better sight. All I saw, on two occasions, was a lumberjack type chasing me with a hatchet for just a couple seconds.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

SnakeMedicine,

I will defer to your greater knowledge about the signs. I used to do natal charts in college, but that was long ago, and my personal life is very lopsided in the signs I get along with, at least if you look at my friends and former partners, at least 90% of whom are either Gemini or Aquarius, especially the later, even though neither of those are supposed to get along with Pisces, lol. I have had zero Sagittarius friends in my whole life, so am certainly no expert on them.

I saw a study done about a decade ago by skeptics admittedly seeking to prove that astrology was bunk. They compared the agreed upon traits of the signs to a large number of people and in the end admitted that though they found no correlation in other areas, even they could not ignore the very strong correlation they found between people's predicted occupation and their zodiac sign.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I loved that song. I used to have a cat named after Grace Slick:)

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

That was a time long ago and far away when I was brave/foolish! My brain would probably explode now. It was quite enlightening at the time, tho:)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Ah, the 60's! I had a cat named after Sam Osley. That fact embarrasses me now.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Who is Sam Osley?

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Hi Ecila,

So sorry! My muddled brain messed up his name and a typo besides. God, I miss coffee. I'd love some right now, but it's a no-no for my tummy.

I meant to say Owsley Stanley, the maker of the most, and reputedly the very best LSD in the 60's. He was almost as iconic as Timothy Leary back then.

He was referred to as Sam Owsley for some reason by everyone I knew and that was our cat's name. They were probably so stoned they messed up his name too, lol.

I'm sure he couldn't sing like Grace Slick. I hope your cat didn't meow as loudly as she sung!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Snake,

My rising sign is Virgo, and I come off as one on a superficial level. I am always early, hurried, if it needs doing, I get it done NOW, I expect everyone else to work as fast as I do, I am very Type A, I'm a neatnik who can't relax if a picture is crooked on the wall, etc. I can see why they drive you crazy, since I drive myself crazy, lol.

My moon and several planets are in Libra. My experience with them has been all over the map as far as what they are like. Both of my parents were Libra.

Being a Pisces with Virgo rising, that makes me, according to "Danny's Song" by Kenny Loggins: "Pisces, Virgo rising is a very good sign, strong and kind". IME, it makes me feel like a split personality. People who don't know me well often completely misunderstand what type of person I am.

So, your life is full of Virgos and Libras, and mine is full of Aquarians and Geminis. Either it is all bunk, except for the choice of occupation, as the study found, or it is other stuff in our charts that causes these attractions. I sure don't know, but I believe everything is connected, since all is only one, so of course, there is some influence of some kind.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Robin, what is your sign? We now have CCat as Pisces, Snake as Caterpiller/Sattitarius, and Alice/Ecila (alice backwards...through the looking glass!) as Aquarius. I think that does fit Alice with all her dreaminess and spaciness, indecision and happy go lucky attitude. That is my sign for real, too.

PS...I'm Virgo rising, too. Most of my female friends have been Pisces or Sagittarius, male friends Taurus (must to my regret)

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

The mark of a great story is being able to get lots of meaning out of it. Whether he meant any of it or not, and I doubt he did, he certainly succeeded. There seems to be some relevance to the the idea that is had something to do with growing up and facing trials related to that. There's also a lot of the "eat or be eaten" kind of thing going on. I remember that story really frightened me as a child. It seemed that Alice was so close to death with no way out...and the Queen taking heads off. It is rater heavy for kids, I think, at least it was for me as a kid. But so were the faery tales. Hansel and Gretel was hard on me...The Wizard of Oz, Disney movie, really frightened me, too, with all those gargoyles flying..or whatever they were!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Ecila,

A Taurus would definitely not appreciate all your dreams about change in your life and would hold back your considerable creativity. I do like them, and admire some of their traits, but knowing you as well as I do, I would say NO WAY. My few male friends have been Pisces, Capricorn and Leo.

Let's try to pick up what Robin is, before she tells us......From doing picture readings with her I'd say she is very curious and always asking questions. She trusts her instincts. She has principles. She says what she thinks, no holds barred. I wish I knew what she does for a living, because I am vacillating between very different signs right now, and that would really help. I am going to guess Aquarius, Gemini or Aries. My gut says Aries. I see some of all of them in her. I can't rule out Leo either, because I do not know what she looks like or how much she values material things. Okay, dear Robin, come tell me how wrong I am, lol. ;-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Ecila,

I hear you! How about the horror of Bambi's mother being killed.....damn near killed me and I never wanted to see it again.

The Brothers Grimm fairy tales!!! OMG, stuff straight from the mind of psychopaths. Being tied up and drowned in a bog so flies could crawl on your eyes, and that is just one of them that I can't get out of my mind. What were our parents thinking, reading us that stuff?

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I'm not as up on the signs as you or Snake. Those friends I thought were Sagittarius might have been Capricorn...at least one...

I'll guess Robin is a Capricorn.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Hi MA,

I used to do natal charts for extra money in college, but it's been a long time. If memory serves, SnakeMedicine is quite adept with both natal and progression charts and reading them, so maybe she will weigh in on this.

I have my natal chart but all I remember about it is that I have a Grand Trine in signs indicating a life dedicated to serving others. To be honest, I am getting fed up with that, and wonder when the heck is it my time to be served? I'm not having much fun never getting what I want in life.

As far as Alice being earthy, rational and a woman of action, you've just described a Virgo, IMO, but we know the white rabbit is the Virgo, so I have no idea where to go next with that, other than Capricorn or Taurus, and I don't see her as either, for several reasons. I agree with you that she is likely not Pisces, since I am one, and once I figure out how to create something, I feel no need to actually do it in the material world. I barely have one toe on this planet most of the time, lol.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

"The weirdness of the universe" is a great way to explain it.

You know, I think I totally blocked out Bambi. I had to think...his mother was killed...yea, I blocked that one!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Hi SnakeMedicine,

I did see your message, but it won't let me reply under it either! I hope you see the two posts above this, since I referred to your superior knowledge of astrology and hoped you could help out on the question of Alice's most likely sign.

You are the one who kindly read my chart after I had it done for free online and you told me I had the Grand Trine in houses indicating a life of service to others. If you read the post above, you'll see my mention of that.

I do know you need to see the whole chart and what houses the planets and sun, moon, rising sign, etc. are in to have any idea of the full picture.

You are correct in that people I've worked with have said they thought I was some kind of machine, rather than human, after seeing the very fast, super organized way I work. I've never had a job where they did not have to hire at least two people to replace me and in one case it took four! When I do not like what I'm doing, I try to get it done as fast as possible.

However, on the inside I am very different and totally Piscean. I need beauty in my surroundings, or I become physically sick. I feel rapturous joy when out in nature, love music, literature and art, philosophy, and my spiritual life is by far the most important thing about me. I understand being rather than doing.

I did indeed feel pulled apart, but mostly due to being in the wrong work. If I'd had a job in my professional field like I did before moving here, I would not have been so machine like. I was simply fitting myself into the unethical business world as best I could, which was impossible and eventually resulted in immune depression and serious illness.

I can see why your mother's combo of Virgo and Aries would result in stubbornness! Aries alone is too stubborn and bossy for my tastes, at least so far in life, and I'm pretty old.

Strange how we gravitate to certain signs. I've had so many Aquarians in my life, I couldn't possibly count them all. I was born in the Aquarian decanate (sp.?) of Pisces, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I've noticed that both you and I and Ecila have not always gravitated to the sun signs that are supposed to be most compatible with us, proving your point about needing to see the whole chart. In fact, I have only known one Scorpio in my whole life whom I liked. The few people I've really despised have all been Scorpios, every last one of them, yet they are supposed to be one of my best matches, based on sun sign alone.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Thanks, Snake, for your observations.

I did not know there was a setting sign.. Thanks for teaching me something new today. So, I should be attracted to fellow Piscean men, since my rising sign is Virgo. How do I put this without being X-rated.... I have not much admired the ethics or brain power of the Pisces men I've known, once I got to know them, so they were not good long term prospects. But in one area, I would rate all 3 Piscean men I've dated as having incredible chemistry with me....way above and beyond all other men I've known.... let us call it horizontal dancing, lol. I was surprised at how non-spiritual all of them were, since I'd always thought of Pisces as the most intuitive and spiritual sign,though all signs have a negative side too. One of them even shared my birthdate, though he was 10 yrs. older than me, but he was an atheist! If I had been back home, none of these guys would have been in my life, but where I have lived for 35 yrs. now, you are lucky to find men who can walk and breathe at the same time, lol.

I really can't pick a best friend anymore, since finding out that what made me feel so different was that I was an empath has enabled me to find friends who are much more like me than my older friends, but my oldest, dearest friend and the newer friend I feel closest to right now are both Aquarius, as usual.

My husband is one of those macho guys that makes his own ammo, fishes and hunts, can build a house, etc. He is a Gemini, but except for his sharp wit is much more like a Taurus, and was born in the Taurus decanate of Gemini. He also loves baby animals, and cries at sad songs and movies, so he is truly "the twins".

Your mom sounds like a real character. Most of us empaths seem to have at least one parent like that.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Good point! A Piscean experience makes a lot of sense. Since she is not Pisces, it confuses and upsets her.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Yes, even with the cruelty of the Brothers Grimm, that story I mentioned where the girl who pulled wings off flies was tied up, and dropped in the bog so flies could crawl on her eyes taught us that we should do unto others as we'd have done unto to us, because we will reap what we sow. That is one example of how "meaning finds its own way into a story".

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Guilty as charged with Virgo rising, of both needing to be prepared for every possible outcome, and too many helpful suggestions that were not asked for, though I am working hard on that one, at least with non-friends, who usually kill the messenger, casing confrontations, which I abhor. With friends, I still feel compelled to tell them they are about to jump in the deep end without noticing there is no water in the pool!

Some of that may be your MBTI personality type, not astrology, since "J" types like me want everything planned out in advance, and "P" types want to just spontaneously go with the flow and see where it takes them.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

I don't know many Virgos, but I do know one who is a professional psychic, and she says despite the very disappointing things she can read in people, that she loves everyone anyway, so you may well be correct there.

I am very neat, and clutter and mess makes me physically ill, but Virgo is my rising sign, not my sun sign. Maybe that is why. Or maybe it's because I am a very strong "J" type. :-)

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

I'm an aquarian :)

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

This is just too weird. I hadn't been here fora whileand I got the vibe to come and have a look and the main page has this discussion so I start reading and snake saysshe only knows three Aquarians so I say "I'm an aquarian" and then I keep reading and you are guessing what I am. Classic. And the first sign you write down is correct. Aquarius. I think aquarius suits me.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

It's probably over thirty years ago that I read Sun-signs (Linda Goodman IIRC?).

I have this very large book called"the secret language of relationships". Your complete personal guide to any relationship with anyone. Gary Goldschneider."The book breaksastrological signs down into weeks, and gives a description ofeach particular relationship.

Example: May 19-24 (the cusp of energy) and June11-18 (the week of the seeker) Psychic gifts.

Unsatisfied with the mundane here and now, this relationship seeks to go beyond it and to achieve an original, even unique orientation. While both parties will insist on their independence, they may also find each other mutually fascinating, and so will feel the need to see each other more than occasionally. Such meetings are often highly private ones, in which what transpires is rarely public or even retold, except in the form of tantalising gossip. The relationships focus is fire, denoting intuition or warmth, creativity and joy.

(That's only about a quarter of the description.)

Yell out if you want me to look up any dates for you.

It can be any relationship- spouse, child, boss.

And it might also be a good idea not to say who the dates belong to - and just report back on the accuracy.

People are always wanting to borrow this book from me. It's a bit of fun.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

That is exactly right Snake. That whole story was too uncomfortably wild for me. Bizarro.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Hi Robin,

To be fair, I have mostly Aquarians in my life, so I am used to recognizing them. I also thought you might be Aries, so I wasn't totally sure. Glad to have another Aquarian around.

I also think that certain signs are more interested in the things we discuss here, more likely to be into metaphysics and more likely to be empaths.

Someone mentioned earlier that more American babies are born under Cancer, Leo, Virgo and Libra. Of those 4, I would expect to maybe see more Cancers than average at EC, but none of the others, and I would definitely not expect to see Leos in any large numbers.

It might be interesting to do a survey on Sun signs......just like when we did that MBTI survey and found that yes indeed, just as predicted, a very high percentage of members here are INFJ, which is a very rare personality type in the general public, about 1%.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Robin,

It would not let me reply under your post......That sounds like a really interesting book. I will definitely pm you with two birthdays to look up for me, if you don't mind!

I also have Linda Goodman's Sun Signs and two other books, one very long and one a practical guide to doing your natal horoscope but it doesn't really teach you how to read them, which is why I did not know I had a Grand Trine until SnakeMedicine told me.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Robin: It does suit you! I should have gotten that. Capricorn was close:)

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

My grandmother was a Virgo. She was neat but she didn't have much "stuff" to deal with...it was bare bones at her house. She was very loving, yet reserved. It is because of her that I'm not totally bonkers. There was always a sense of structure and dependability around her. Mom was crazy hot aries, so grandmother was my refuge.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Snake,

I have a question based on your post about the setting sign. My rising sign is Virgo, so my setting sign is Pisces, so I should be attracted to Pisces because they are "other" than me. I see a potential problem there, since my sun sign is Pisces, so they are not really very other than me. How would something like that play itself out?

Curious Cat

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

Done! :)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Thanks Robin! I Pmd you back. That was amazingly accurate, even the bad parts, sadly.

I really appreciate your taking the time to do that for me. :-)

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

No worries Cat. :)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Snake,

Thanks, yes, that does make sense. I have seen some very bad things in other Pisceans that maybe I did not want to look at in myself.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Snake,

Yep, and that is why I am not going to gloat about being that ultra empathic Pisces, lol, though I am much more empathic than most people I know by far.

You really do need to see the whole chart, just as you said. My chart has a truckload of Libra in it, for example, like my moon and several planets. Virgo rising and Venus in Aries could dampen that Piscean sun.

Then there is numerology, in which I am a double type 7, about as unempathic as you can get!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Hi Snake,

You mentioned Johnny Cash's addiction, and addictions of all kinds seem to be a strong tendency in Pisces, on the negative side. Our sensitivity makes life hard to take without buffers.

As far as not understanding Pisces, I have an unusual now ex-friend for you to digest......We'd been friends for 49 years, and he and his wife had even visited me in every state I'd lived in but one. He is very PC and refuses to discuss anything controversial, ie. interesting or important, and as a typical empath, I got sick of the shallowness and sent him an article on something that happened in our home town that I thought was pretty safe since it was not partisan, asking for comments, since I could not believe it had happened there unless the place had changed dramatically. End of friendship, just like that. No closure, but no comment on the article, did not pick up the email birthday card I sent him the following week and did not send me one for the first time ever. His birthday is the day before mine and there are always cards and sometimes a phone call. So, I'd say that was a "dear John" message. He is a TRIPLE Pisces. Pisces sun, moon and rising sign. Very talented flamenco guitar player and composer. The most disciplined person I've ever known. He can stop his pulse for 2 minutes! He never appears to have emotional reactions to or be stressed out by anything and is not nearly as smart as he appears, a trick he pulls off by just keeping his mouth closed a lot, not Pisces traits at all as you know. Everyone in his family lives to be over 100, maybe due to lack of drama and stress. I'd sure love to see the rest of that chart! If didn't know he was triple Pisces, I'd never have guessed, except he does have a beard, which is supposed to be a Pisces influence. However, my husband has always had a beard, and there is zero Pisces in his natal chart. I can only quote Jim Morrison:"People are strange". ;-)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Snake,

Thank you. I have zero Capricorn in my chart and the only Aries is in Venus. Is that why I yell at my husband a lot, lol? That Aries urge to control.....

I did not know Libras cared that much about what others think, since I only know one Libra who is like that, but she is totally like that, plus being obsessed with doing whatever the "in" activity is and having the "in" material items. I do see the Libras I know seeking harmony, even if it means they must ignore huge problems that need resolving. Thanks for teaching me something today! :-)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,194 posts

Snake,

DITTO. I agree with you. I have limited time and energy and won't waste anymore on people who won't talk about anything that really matters.

Not giving a reason is not just selfish, it's cowardly, IMO. But, I was surprised by how little I cared. Maybe I'm finally getting a tougher skin.

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
9 months ago
100 posts

Oh I like this post!!!

I agree with most of the signs in the first post, especially about The Mad Hatter being a Gemini. Because of his talkative, and rather quirky nature. Being a Gemini myself I thought it possible. But I felt that the Caterpillar was more philosophical. But I really don't think Sags are that philosophical. 

Also, there's a survey on EC that says most people here are INFJ? I always think that INFJs are the empaths in our society! So glad to hear this!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
9 months ago
1,194 posts

Hi merin-eliz!

This thread is really a blast from the past! I wonder though.....where are all of Snake Medicine's posts that we are replying to? They do not show up on my screen. I hope that is not the case for you, or this may be rather hard to follow. 

I agree with you....I am not at all sure which sign the Caterpillar would be. 

Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
9 months ago
100 posts

Yeah I can't see any of Snake Medicine's posts either! :-)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book