Sun, Moon, and Rising Sign -- complicated or harmonious?

To post a reply, login or signup

Capriskrap
@capriskrap
2 years ago
6 posts

Hello, everyone. :D There are literally thousands of different Sun, Moon, and Rising combinations out there, and I was wondering which ones would be the most difficult to deal with (example: Aries Sun, Cancer Moon, Virgo Rising) and which ones would be the easiest... Feel free to comment your combinations and how they affect you. :D
I have Capricorn Sun, Taurus Moon, and Pisces rising. I have strong self-discipline and highly ambitious (Capricorn), loyal, giving, constantly needs to feel secure (Taurus), highly sympathetic, warm-hearted, always fantasizing about possible future careers, and of course, natural empath (Pisces). My Pisces rising sign eliminates the materialism you would expect from a Capricorn and Taurus, and it also eliminates the self centered quality of Capricorn. Unfortunately, it doubles the effect of the melancholy, depressive behavior of Capricorn... For the most part, this combination goes very well together, although I am very highly introverted. I've learned to accept that though haha.

updated by @capriskrap: 10/17/17 09:40:04PM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

I agree this is a very good topic!

I have that difficult Virgo rising you mention and it does indeed cause problems. My sun is in Pisces, and my moon is in Libra.

Since Virgo and Pisces are opposites, I often appear to those who don't know me well as a very different person than I actually am, and am grossly misunderstood. I have been accused more than once of being "machine-like" because I am orderly, self-motivated, very organized, time efficient, and I get things done very fast. As an empathic Pisces, I pick up this misunderstanding, and it makes me sad. I have to remind myself that most of the people in our lives don't know us very well, so it is inevitable that they will see us as our rising sign, since that represents how we appear outwardly.

Like Mama Sunflower, I am introverted but very outgoing, which many people think is not possible, but it is. I have no secrets. I am finally learning late in life that I have to reign it in around most people though, since far too many will use my honesty and openness to hurt me. When being my naturally very outgoing self, I attract many extroverted people with a lot of baggage and no respect for boundaries, who then dump, dump, dump on the empathic Pisces until I am drained and wondering how I can diplomatically get rid of them. So, I am working on holding back more until I get a better sense of who I am dealing with. That leads into.....

The Libra moon makes me want harmony, and I tend to ignore relationship problems too long. Things that could be and should be dealt with quickly by me asserting my boundaries (always hard for empaths), usually involving someone taking advantage of me, I put up with on and on to keep the peace until they grow into huge resentments, and then I blow like a volcano, creating a permanent enemy. I am also working on this, but am trying to do it without doing it the way I see most other people do it, even my own husband, ie. by pretending people they can't stand are their good buddies just because it's easier. I do not want to be phony like that. I asked my oldest friend (an Aquarius) why she does that and she said that people you don't care about are not worth arguing with, so just pretend to agree with them and move on so you don't waste energy. To me that is going backwards in my spiritual development and I won't do it. As a Pisces, spiritual development is job number one for me in life.

One curious thing is though I have zero Taurus in my chart, I also have that craving for security you mentioned. Maybe it has more to do with a childhood spent in poverty than astrology. After all, we all have many things that make us what we are. :-)

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Karmalee,

My memory is on vacation today, lol, but I am sure if you Google "free astrological chart" you can find a site that does them for you. There is a really good one, but the name slips my mind at the moment.

I only know the basic characteristics of the various signs and the compatabilities between them, and that is not nearly enough to do a chart.

You might also PM SnakeMedicine, since she is our resident astrology expert, IMO, and ask her which is the best place to get a chart done. She can maybe recommend some books that can help you learn to read the chart as well. I think she also does readings of charts.

This can be a complicated subject. I actually know someone whose wife has a BA Degree in Astrology, and I did not know you could even do that! Please don't feel inadequate; after all, none of us can know everything, and one of the joys of being at EC is finding other people who are interested in and know about this kind of thing, when most of the "normal" world isn't. ;-)

Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Libra sun, Scorpio moon, Sagittarius risingEverything is an adventure, a fun time. There are times when I have to take charge but I enjoy it. One day I can be extremely social to where you would think I had no friend. Talk about any and everything. Then the next day Id be so quiet where you think something bad happened. I will say a few words but you'd think I was planning to kill everyone with the look on my face.I make others feel comfortable the moment I speak. Most times I can sense they are a bit shaken so I will say something to let them know Im calm and you should be too.Sometimes my scorpio side dominates my Libra but Libra always make sure I have a conscious. That means if I happen to lose control then my Libra said will make me say Sorry and repair things. Scorpio wants his way and no other. Very stubborn and gets what he wants through hard work and never listening to others. Even if he fails he just seems to have some other great idea to carry him further.
Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
2 years ago
64 posts

I am a capricorn with gemini rising. Alot of gemini's wind up knowing twins, or being a twin. I happen to be a twin. Weird how that works out. There is a jupiter transit coming this summer-so lots of good things should be happening for a lot of signs! Then I have a moon in scorpio...which prob makes me a little scary...the darker side that I don't show others...not until I went to bootcamp anyway. Stress like will bring the scary out in you. Then you realize the power inside after you face your fears

BeautyEarth
@beautyearth
2 years ago
5 posts
Just a thought...have you checked where your Nodes are?? I've found a lot, maybe even most of my "curious" doesn't-make-sense behaviour (accord. to Sun/Moon/ASC) is explained by my South Node. An incredibly cool book (which I wish was avail. in Kindle format! draddit) is by a guy named Gary Goldschneider and it's based on the Nodes..."The Secret Language of Destiny" I know...it sounds kinda out there, but it's so well written and inspiring and hopeful. I've consulted it so many times when I'd hit a road block with somebody. Made it easier to understand them. Couple of other biggies who deal with the Nodes are: Steven Forrest (The Inner Sky) and Jan Spiller (Astrology for the Soul). Both avail. in Kindle format. Truth is these 3 books changed me big time...for the better, I hope:D In case Nodes aren't on your radar, Cafe Astrology has a good descrip.http://www.cafeastrology.com/northnodesouthnode.html
one_empath
@one-empath
2 years ago
13 posts

Hi Capriskrap, taurus like a sign is the best for the moon. Moon likes to be in the sign of taurus.

It is fortunate to be born with Moon in this sign. You are warm, generous and giving. You like taking care of others...

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi BeautyEarth,

I have not heard of nodes and will check it out for sure. Thanks for the link. :-)

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Turns out my north node is Pisces and my south node is Virgo, the same two as my sun sign and rising sign.

I can see the challenges there, since I live a life due to my husband's business that forces me to use the Virgo a LOT more than I want to, and neglect the Pisces, which I feel called to do and which gives me enjoyment and spiritual joy.

It says the north node should be more developed to advance yourself, so I guess the challenge is to keep my Piscean traits from being overwhelmed by my need to be so Virgo. (No Pisces would voluntarily do what I do for work, but if I don't, we don't eat. Sometimes that is how life is. Hint: don't marry a man who is self-employed with a small business unless you want to run his business 24/7 for no pay).

EC is the only relief I have from work and that is not enough. Time constraints get worse, not less. I am ignoring a huge pile of paperwork right now and will be working until bedtime to pay for being on EC right now. I do not know how to resolve this but now see it must be worked on.

Thanks for the interesting info on nodes.

C.Cat

BeautyEarth
@beautyearth
2 years ago
5 posts
I've got a 12th House Virgo Moon so I get it. I'm always trying to get things done...right. I work on music that I hammer myself over the head redoing over and over becs. it doesn't sound "right"! And then I put it away and listen acouple of weeks down the road and for the life of me, I can't detect what I was so sure was wrong. Having a V. South Node would likely amplify the Virgo qualities.
None of this is gospel. Depends soo much on aspects of other planets, esp. Pluto, Uranus and Neptune.
(For ex., Neptune, your Sun's ruler, is near your sUn, or will be( or maybe it's past), but it will have a big influence in your chart...makes you a liitle dreamy, sit on the couch and stare, need rest, feel overwhelmed. i'm going thru the same!)
A couple of things abt. Virgo that I think are really neat: (notice the list?? Virgos make lists, a lot.)
1- In Esoteric astrology, your rising sign is indicative of the reason your soul incarnated.
Ruth Hadikin, a British esoteric astrologer says, "With Virgo rising you are here to flow pure divine love into the world through your work. Your biggest challenge is to not become discouraged and disheartened by the imperfection of the mundane world, which could leave you feeling anxious and critical. The perfection you seek is the perfection of the soul. Let go of ideas of how things 'ought to be' and flow your love anyway."
(Sounds a lot like descrips. I've read of Pisces Sun!)

2- Jupiter, often thght. to be the source of good things...luck, generally positive enhancement of all it touches, often called "The Greater Benefic"just entered Virgo. Going over your ASC doesn't mean you will win the lottery (Ha!), but it does mean you will be offered some kind of opportunity to improve your "lot". Astrologer Steven Forrest says, "Stripped to its bones, Jupiter always asks one primary question: how have you been underestimating yourself? Its transits signal a time when new opportunities come into existence, but to seize them you must recognize that you deserve them, that you are capable of rising to them, and that old deals and compromises are finished. Trust yourself, have faith in life, and go for it: that's the spirit of Jupiter."

This is long. Time to put soapbox away. I wish you the very best with all that's on your plate. You've got a lot happening. BTW, what's EC??
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi BeautyEarth,

EC stands for empath community. :-)

I have Neptune in Libra. My moon is also Libra.

I am very much guilty of the bad Virgo traits listed under #1 on your list above. Yes, I make lists too. I have no memory due to brain damage and drugs I must take, so I'd be lost without them. My Daybook is sacred, lol.

Thanks for the info!

C.Cat

BeautyEarth
@beautyearth
2 years ago
5 posts
How would you know I'm new here :D. It did cross my mind EC was EmpathCommunity!!.Me too re: stuff in # 1.Get discouraged so easily and expect so much of me and others. Feel guilt often 4being who I am. I have Nep. in Libra too, conj. my ASC. My Sun' in Scorpio, along with Mercury, Chiron ans my S. Node.Thanks, C. Cat. Helps to talk to another Virgo type like me.
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi BeautyEarth,

Do you know your enneagram type? I am a type 1, which makes this judging, planning, and list making stuff even worse.

How about your MBTI type? I am INFJ, the rarest type, though common among empaths, and that J at the end is my strongest score, so that also makes the organizing and judging stuff worse.

In numerology I am a double 7, so I actually avoid others rather than be disappointed by them.

All of this makes it worse. Woe is me. Just kidding. The Pisces is still in there and I have a few planets in it too.

I'd bet your Scorpio Sun makes you stronger in resisting. :-)

C. Cat

BeautyEarth
@beautyearth
2 years ago
5 posts
The Enneagram..who-hoo. Spent so many yrs. exploring it. I'm a 4. Was always falling for some guy who was baad for me. INFP Meyers Briggs. (had to just do the test again!)11 Destiny in numerology/ 3 Life Path. Beauty so imp. to me, esp. in form of justice/peace in this world.... enamored of the Divine. Tho have all this Pluto/Scorpio stuff going on in 2nd Hs. so self doubt reigns pretty much.

Double 7! Love it, the philosophers of this world. Usually have my best conversations with them. I'm driven to get to the bottom of things, a true Scorpio. Stronger in resisting gets translated into being relentless abt. figuring out who I am..a bit much 4 others I find.
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi BeautyEarth,

For some reason there was no reply icon below your post.

Type 4 enneagram plus Scorpio sun! You must be formidable, lol.

I love INFPs and wish I was more P like. Being a J makes me too tense!

Yes, I do love philosophical discussions more than just about anything, so you've got me pegged on those 7s. My husband is a 3 and is very playful and childlike. People love him. I am the serious one.

You must be a very unique person. I've not met any Scorpios with a lot of self doubt, except for one who was passive-aggressive.

I am also a bit much for others and find that to be common in empaths, so I hope you don't feel bad about it. No need to. I have been told I am too open and that I give TMI, all of which is true. I also do not suffer fools gladly and no longer try to hide it. I'll bet you don't either. I think that's just fine!

Celebrate yourself!

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Snake,

Looks like you can pick whichever you feel is correct, either 4w5 or 5w4.

I forgot to include my wing. I am 1w2.

That's a good list of adjectives to have!

I'll bet we can't resist a good questionnaire because of that J type. I am like that also. ;-)

C.Cat

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Passion,

I am no expert, but to me Scorpio and Taurus are not complete opposites. They have differences sure, but both are very loyal to those they love, if I remember the basic signs correctly. I know far more Taurans than I know Scorpios, so it's hard to speak to this one.

I would guess opposites are meant to create balance, but having the same sort of opposites in my own chart (Virgo and Pisces, an earth and a water sign on opposite sides of the zodiac, just like your situation), I find I am pulled in two different directions and come off to many people as very different than I really am. It causes me a lot of trouble, so I guess I've not balanced it well.

I hope SnakeMedicine sees your question and comments. She knows a lot more about astrology than I do.

I hope rather than see yourself as a walking contradiction, you can see yourself as interesting!

C. Cat

Pisces-Aries Cusp
@pisces-aries-cusp
2 years ago
8 posts

My combination is almost like your example combination:P!

Except sun is in Aries, but it's in the early degrees and it is in my fourth house. My fourth house is ruled by Pisces, and I know that the fourth house is naturally ruled by Cancer so I am really not as fiery as others. To add on to just that, moon is in cancer with Sagittarius rising.. So the Sun and Ascendant are in trine at least...

The Aries Sun really helps me out in giving me energy, and especially when people try to take advantage of my caring side. As for the moon, it tends to make me soooo sensitiveeee and emotional, but the ascendant does cover it until someone becomes a really good friend of mine.

Once I am comfortable with that person, instead of a fiery person, I turn into a buttercup.

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

I am a Capricorn with moon in Scorpio and rising sign Gemini. Most Taurus's I know seem to come from money, but love the outdoor(earth sign). Some like money a little too much and snub their noses at others they think are not good enough...but everyone is an individual. Venus has an effect on this sign and I think causes the love of money a little too much-plus many are so spoiled. Then again, everyone is different. I wouldn't want to lump together all Tauruses. Pisces is a very intuitive sign and is ruled by the 12th house-a very interesting house. With Capricorn, it is ruled by saturn and saturn is ruled by karma. Isn't it great Capricorn's seem to be the only ones ruled by the planet of karma?!! They are also the most resillent and very intelligent-and usually get what they want in life because they are fighters. We are also borne under the star Vega which imparts many artistic abilities

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

To the Taurus family members who worship money: you are weak and spoiled. Reminds me of my cousin Laura who thinks her $h1t doesn't stink. Then she believed lies about my mom by her snake of a mother-there is always a pattern until it is solved. I am pretty sure those people with the noses in the world don't use gold for toilet paper but they sure act like it. Remember to take a shower too-because you do stink too-even more so than others-because you hide your real selves behind your money.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book