3 months ago
79 posts

Richard Grannon, "No story, just this - present momentness and authenticity"

updated by @chrisis: 06/10/19 04:06:52PM
michelle
@michelle
3 months ago
212 posts
@chrisis Terrific video! Glad you came across it.

I stopped watching TV 20 some years ago. Good book I read was, "Four Arguements for the Elimination of Television."

Been putting my gardens in...that's meditative and real. Washing dishes, feeling the warm soapy water as I clean plates....that's meditative and real. Riding my bike, walking with my dogs, holding the cats, filled the pond for my turtle and fish, watching the river flow...saw a Great Blue Heron, yesterday....

Happy Days,
Michelle πŸ’₯πŸ’­πŸŒ·πŸŒ»πŸŒ³πŸŒΎπŸπŸœπŸžπŸ¦‹πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸš²πŸΏπŸ€πŸ’πŸΆπŸ±

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,031 posts

@chrisis :

I think being present in the moment should be anyone's goal. We're always worrying about this and that, and rushing off to this and that. So much so that we often forget to be "in the moment". I think another term for being in the moment would be "selfcare" or "taking time to smell the roses". If you ever have the chance to sit with someone 75+ who is retired, you can truly understand what "being in the moment is all about". They have all the time in the world and see, and experience things on a level that the rest of us busy bodies just rarely have a chance or the knowhow to do.Β 

I personally feel that being in the moment and enjoying life peacefully with each other is how we were meant to be. We weren't meant to live the lifestyles that so many of us do with 24/7 social media and constant work and worry.

updated by @hop-daddy: 05/24/19 03:38:56PM
michelle
@michelle
3 months ago
212 posts

moonshine: Interesting video. Thanks for the share and the reminder.. What are Ur thoughts on this and how do you practise this for yourself? This is so difficult for me; I'm working on withdrawing from a bad habit of mine (writing- which I mentioned in a post)- and I already feel like I'm gonna go insane! I am trying to remind myself of energies but also the fact I've been doing this for 3 yrs ish? I can't even remember.. but there's a saying it takes 15 days to form a habit and breaking out of that energy as much as is the cause sometimes because I'll dissapear to the land of nod somewhere and "forget" what I'm working on, so energies is not always an excuse; it's me. I have to work on this. How do others practise 'being present' I'm wondering if I can take some tips on board to help me through.. I tried watching Netflix to help; it's wearing out, being a busy body, helped somewhat with craft making I used to love reading books, I can't even do that anymore one of my favourites was 'the beach house' if I'm not mistaken. I just feel like im gonna fall asleep after a few sentences..

Hi @moonshine.

I wouldn't fret about writing here. We may be scattered about the globe and not able to have face to face dialogue but we are talking and we are a community.

Many people are reluctant to share thoughts, impressions, worries, fears, etc. This dramatically changes their inner landscape. Β If you're not sharing, you're basically having an inner dialog with an echo chamber. You're not getting any real feedback or information or perspectives. And then it is easy to spiral down into wrong thinking.

You could also end up being caught in negative feedback loops. Remember your post about another returning something broken that you had lent? What if you kept that to yourself? You'd most likely would have run that thru your mind over and over, becoming more and more angry...so you vented a bit and we could chime in and share similar stories, all the while helping us dump some negative energy too, in a non-hurtful way. πŸ˜€

There was also your thread on thoughts of creating a forum and @chrisis had said, regarding worries of you leaving that, "We need to team up!"πŸ‘­πŸ‘«

Concerning falling asleep while reading, where as you used to be able to read for long stretches at a time, I'll offer the following article on that, from 2008 in The Atlantic Magazine. It is a favorite of mine and I have shared it many times with any who will listen. Reading on the internet has changed humanity cognitively, where many are loosing the ability of deep reading....and there is little difference between deep thinking and deep reading. "Is Google Making Us Stupid?" SEE: https://tinyurl.com/kodz8pj

I love this thread because we live in a world and time where much is done and contrived to control/herd our thinking and distract us. The speaker in the video warns us of falling into 'story' thru media...not to mention that these stories aren't even our own!

More importantly, immersion in media is fantasy and a form of dissociation which means you're not paying attention to reality. This makes one easily programmable and also open to hyperdimentional manipulation.

We should be concerned about what we fill our minds with now because that is our present frequency, and that is what determines our future!

Although I still don't watch TV, I do watch movies. When I was very ill, I couldn't do much, even holding my head and arms to read caused pain, so I started renting movies to pass the time, alot of them. Well, that was getting expensive so I got Netflix and later Hulu. I did find some decent TV shows I missed, but there sure is alot of crap out there! I can't believe what people are filling their minds with thru TV and movies! Unspeakable horrors and degenerate models of human behavior!!!

There are some which are thoughtful and virtuous that I watch; one that I enjoy for its' stories of compassion and understanding is, "Call the Midwife." Do any watch this?

Even so, I'm spending more time outdoors digging in the dirt, marveling at Creation and talking with my neighbors. I'm also acclimating myself to the hot humid weather, without closing myself up, peeking thru the blinds because of cooling my house by shutting out the sun and using the air-conditioning. When I was ill, humidity was a great stress on my body. Now, I want to bring the outdoors inside as much as I can. See the vegetation and blue skies, hear the birds singing and listen to the sound of splashing water in my pond. I get up early and do my stretching and excercises outside, with the rising sun. And, instead of Netflix, reading before bed. When the gardens are completed, I'll read outside, under the shade my trees provide or take the dogs to swim in the river...I live right next to the Allegheny River. Also, I have a chimera for night time fires....Could I ask for a better life? πŸ˜„

--

updated by @michelle: 05/27/19 04:20:49AM
Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
3 months ago
79 posts

@moonshine what do you mean by trying to stop writing? do you mean writing online or writing in terms of journalling / poetry / stories?

As I understand it, being in the moment means to do, whatever you are doing, with all your attention and heart, paying attention to what you are actually doing and to where you actually are. this is not always easy, I tend to switch into "headzone" especially when I have some problems going on resp. issues with other people. I imagine what was or will be in an endless-loop, especially when I'm not doing an acitvity where I need to concentrate. What helps me in this situation is, actually, writing and / or drawing to get my thoughts and feelings sorted out. This helps me to get calmer and be able to stop thinking about an issue all the time.Β 

the first time I really tried to actively be present in the moment was during walking around in my neighbourghood:Β  I actually found out that I really hated the place, it was all too noisy and crowded and dirty - I would never have noticed this if I just had rushed about as usual, head in the clouds.

A good way to train to be in the moment is, I think, for example, drawing from life. Sitting in your garden or your kitchen and draw a flower or your teapot. Never mind the outcome, it's about the process. If you start to draw, you start to look at your environnment differently. You see things you didn't see before. If I am on holiday, instead of looking at things through my camera, I try to just watch, look at every detail, also pay attention to what I smell, hear or feel, and eventually take out my sketchbook and draw something I really like. the rest I try to take in for further inspiration. That's perpaps not for everybody, but you could do the same with writing.

And, if by writing you mean prose or poetry, then: please don't stop. that's a great thing to do. It's therapeutic for you and it's art. We need more of that. And if you need encouragement on that, you could get yourself a copy of "Art Matters", a thin booklet by Neil Gaiman (text) and Chris Riddell (illustration). Personally, I really love it Happy

have a nice day

Chris

michelle
@michelle
2 months ago
212 posts

There are so many reasons to stay in the present moment. One being to avoid programing.

No matter what one may think of David Icke...in his early days, I avoided his matetial..He has been putting out some thoughtful messages. In the video below, he speaks of methods to get humanity used to and having friendly feelings towards technology and A.I., particularly aiming efforts towards our young. Elders were not born into such an artifical reality and may find it unbelievable that people are so addicted and ultimately gullible.

He also talks on preemptive programing, using movies and TV. I think it important to keep this in mind while viewing much of what is being presented to us and understanding the hidden goals within. I grew up being a sci-fi buff, so I do watch those types of movies occasionally. The last I watched was, "I Am Mother," which was really chilling in it's message to humanity.

Not saying, don't watch, just be mindful of the attempt to plant ideas/attitudes in your minds....this includes media being used to change any normal human behavior.

--

updated by @michelle: 06/10/19 04:40:35PM
michelle
@michelle
2 months ago
212 posts
michelle:

There are so many reasons to stay in the present moment. One being to avoid programing.

No matter what one may think of David Icke...in his early days, I avoided his matetial..He has been putting out some thoughtful messages. In the video below, he speaks of methods to get humanity used to and having friendly feelings towards technology and A.I., particularly aiming efforts towards our young. Elders were not born into such an artifical reality and may find it unbelievable that people are so addicted and ultimately gullible.

He also talks on preemptive programing, using movies and TV. I think it important to keep this in mind while viewing much of what is being presented to us and understanding the hidden goals within. I grew up being a sci-fi buff, so I do watch those types of movies occasionally. The last I watched was, "I Am Mother," which was really chilling in it's message to humanity.

Not saying, don't watch, just be mindful of the attempt to plant ideas/attitudes in your minds....this includes media being used to change any normal human behavior.

New A.I. technology described as 'better' than human intelligence:

SEE:
https://siliconangle.com/2017/05/08/ai-startup-neurala-claims-major-breakthrough-deep-learning/

--

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book