On Inspiration

Chrisis
Chrisis
@chrisis
2 months ago
78 posts

An article I read today- it is about how music affects empaths but (further down) also on inspiration and why it is so important:

https://drjudithorloff.com/high-empathy-people-may-process-music-in-brains-social-areas/

quotation from the article: 

“Let the beauty you love be what you do.

There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” (poet Rumi)

updated by @chrisis: 04/08/19 12:03:03PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
1,024 posts

@chrisis:

I've known this to be true for a very long time. The majority of empaths are very attracted to music and find it both relaxing and mood elevating. And I would say that humanity in general responds to music positively, and negatively. For example, if you like R&B and I put some of that on, you're likely to be transformed to a relaxed higher vibration. And conversely, if instead of playing R&B for an R&B fan I instead put on some death metal and crank it up, you're likely to feel anxiety, and maybe even anger.

michelle
@michelle
2 months ago
198 posts
Funny you brought these items up @chrisis; yesterday, I was reading articles on these very same subjects..woo-woo!

The 1st part of your article covers music and the EMPATH'S brain. Below is a very through article on music and reactions in specific brain areas.

The 2nd part of that article covers what we refer to as "being in the flow," something you as an artist are quite familiar with. I can relate thru sports activities...ie. when I played left field in softball, I was amazed afterwards what my body could do. Of course there was no thinking; I just 'did it.'

I have also been able to tap into this flow when writing to convey thoughts to a large audience...sometimes my essays seemed to write themselves; if you know what I mean.

I also experienced this in talks I used to give to adult groups on herbal medicine and school children on history and art, dressed in costume and using books/photos along with various items they could touch and handle. I gave these talks centering much on the children of the historical time period, what they did and ate, how they dressed, how they played and what was expected of them from parents and society.

Concerning children, I also brought famous artwork to their attention thru the TAG program [Traveling Art Gallery]. My painting was Vermeer's, "The Milkmaid," [although I helped purchase other great works of art for demonstrators] Here again, I dressed in cotume of the milkmaid and set up the scene, using pottery and breads. I showed the kids how Vemeer used light and also taught them how to draw in charcoal, since this is a very good medium for light/dark and shadow effects. The children could draw either the milkmaid scene or a still life I set-up with fruit and a bottle. They did wonderfully well at their attempts.

Another flow area for me was in a book reading group I belonged to for 20 years...sharing discussions and the fast paced flow of ideas with these ladies was effortless...one ephifany after another!

Anyway, apparently there are specific areas where each individual is best suited to enter into the flow. That was somewhat explained in your posted article as an area of passion. The article below gets deeper into that.

When I would be returning home from my activities, I felt what could be described as a 'high.' This brings me to something else I had been thinking on in terms of what I see in some others as spiritual addiction, where as spiritual activities and contemplation most definately can bring one into the flow state, it can also have a darker side of what can only be termed as addiction.

The article on flow below has a short video on this. The speaker mentions that the flow state [no matter where one finds it] is "the most addictive state on earth." And although it can create massive optimal performance, that it generates addictive neuro-chemicals which can cause one to chase the state and become a 'bliss junkie' if one does not have strong emotional fortitude and strong emotional control....in other words the mundane but very necessary parts of life can be neglected causing problems similar to other types of addictions.
---------------

Music Stimulates Emotions Through Specific Brain Circuits

March 2, 2014
SNIP:
Music has a central role in human society because it so strongly evokes feelings and affects social activities and interactions. The study of music’s influence has greatly increased knowledge of emotion in the brain. Recent studies show dramatic effects on all the brain regions that are related to emotion—amygdala, hypothalamus, hippocampus, nucleus accumbens and critical regions of the cortex including insula, cingulate and orbitofrontal. It shows that music stimulates emotions through specific brain circuits. 

Previous posts have describedthe unique effects of music on the neuroplasticity for learning, the development and evolution of language, improvisation,emotions and 
spirituality. This post will update the specific emotional brain circuits stimulated by music that affect socialization.

Even very young babies show emotional responses to music. At five months, babies enjoy moving in time to music. In adults, perhaps the most important use of music is in evoking, experiencing and regulating emotions related to social interaction. This includes the use of music in child parent bonding, meetings, performances, religious services and spiritual practices.

Music can alter subjective feelings; physiological states through autonomic nervous and endocrine systems; body motor responses such as smiling and tapping; and whole body movement of dancing, clapping and playing of musical instruments.

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE:
http://tinyurl.com/y58dpj29
--------------

What is Flow in Psychology? Definition &10+ Activities to
Induce Flow
SNIP:

This article contains:
What is the Concept and Meaning of Flow?

The Theory and Psychology of FlowFlow and Positive Psychology

The Work of Mihaly CsikszentmihalyiFlow:
The Psychology of Optimal Experience (Book)

The Flow State Chart and Scale

A Look at Flow and Happiness

The Research on Flow Experience

Brain Waves and Neuroscience

How to Enter a Flow State of Mind

10+ Activities to Help Attain a Flow State

17 Flow State Triggers to Induce Flow

Meditation and Flow

The Importance of Flow in the Workplace

A Look at Flow in Sports and Training

3 Recommended YouTube Videos

4 Book Recommendations

A Take-Home Message

References

READ ARTICLE:
http://tinyurl.com/y9zpmhrb

--

I was abandoned by wolves and raised by my parents.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book