Help, I'm being pulled under, and I don't know how to stop it.

To post a reply, login or signup

chris
@chris
2 years ago
46 posts

I have a close friend who happens to be an alcoholic. She has been sober in the past, but relapsed a few years back. When I reconnected with her, she was drinking again. My guides pulled me toward her one day, as it turned out she was suicidal. My visit changed her mind, though I didn't know she was thinking of suicide. Her family is toxic for her, but she uses them as an excuse to drink. In fact, she will use any excuse she can find to drink. Her mother is now very ill, and will not recover. Her and her siblings are constantly fighting too. I mention this only because I feel a great deal of her problems. At first I wasn't sure where my feelings were coming from, but slowly realized, most are from her. Her body can barely cope with what she normally drinks, she already has stomach, heart and liver problems. The other day she chose to up the ante, she drank vodka, instead of just beer. Her body didn't react well, needless to say. I believe she became scared, and she started praying, and thinking of me. At the same time, I began to feel suicidal. I didn't want to die, but I felt so bad, I couldn't see a need to go on. The feeling was overwhelming. A mutual friend intervened, and calmed me down. The feeling was still there though. I found out, this alcoholic friend had "pulled" me into her hell. I'm still tied to her, so to speak.

I've tried shielding techniques, but they never seem to work for long. I've "grounded" too, same thing. I regularly practice qigong, and meditation. I take salt-showers, drink warm lemon water, and keep crystals in my pocket.

How can I disconnect from bad vibes? Can I disconnect from this? Should I? I understand that every experience teaches us something. That nothing happens by chance, but I'm being pulled under. I'm at the point where I am willing to tell her, I need to walk away. She knows I'm an empath, and knows I feel her "stuff." I want to help her, but there is only so much I can do. She keeps saying she is going to quit, but something always happens, and she keeps drinking. Even if I walk away, won't I still feel her? How do I do this?

updated by @chris: 05/11/17 09:21:40AM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Maybe look up and try some energetic cord cutting, and be adamant that you really want free of her baggage. And keep doing the techniques you are already doing. They are good ones. Imagine her vibes washing out and off of you and going down the shower drain. Keep repeating all the above until you feel she's away from you. Quit going to see her or talking to her, too.

chris
@chris
2 years ago
46 posts

I know she has a good heart, and has the ability to help so many people, if only... I don't want to "leave," her hanging, but she is hurting me, as well as herself. You give me hope that she can quit long term, if she chooses.I know I can't do it for her. My thing is, my guides led me to her that day, and I have picked up her vibe ever since. Why? Is there something I am missing?

I have to care for myself. first. This is fairly new to me, because up until recently, I always put myself, my needs, somewhere near the bottom. Is this all I was to learn from her? I know if she doesn't quit soon, it will be too late. I have shared this with her too. I don't know how else to reach her?

Can I somehow shield myself, and still be there if and when she decides to sober up?

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

A lot of good people become addicts, unfortunately. Many just can't stand the pain. Alcohol is the worst, IMO, because it is readily available. Even when a person tries to quit or does quit for a while, there are many relapses. If you allow yourself to be a sacrifice, there are many who will take you up on it. It is hard to know where to draw the line between helping people and protecting yourself, but that little voice of intuition will tell you. I think you already know.

chris
@chris
2 years ago
46 posts

You all are right. I am going to cut the cord. I have to protect myself, above all else. I am going to take a break from her. Our mutual friend has agreed to tell her that she is still in my heart, a friend, but I need to step back for awhile.

However I have recently come across an article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-real-cause-of-addicti b 6506936.html

It possess some interesting theories on addiction. I do believe the way through any trial is through love. I am not strong enough, and lack the skills needed to both help her and myself. Thank you all for being here, and for offering me such good advice. Namaste

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Such compassionate and insightful words, Lightworker. You shine sunshine in dark corners:)

I hope you and your friend are doing some better, Chris.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book