Question for Readers & Sitters

To post a reply, login or signup

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

I have a habit of ending most of my Readings (Especially Mediumship) with a sort of Apology/Disclaimer.

"I hope that it/my reading makes sense & resonates with you. If it doesn't, I apologize as I may have intercepted a message for someone else."

I then say, Have a great week, day, weekend, etc.

It was just brought to my attention that by doing this it shows that I lack confidence in my abilities & that it also immediately places doubt into the Sitter's mind/subconscious that the Reading may not be correct at all or in any context.

My question is:

If you are a Reader : do you or have you ever written anything similar to what I have posted?

If you are a Sitter (A Person Requesting A Reading) : would a disclaimer/apology statement such as mine make youuncomfortable, etc.with your Reading?

Thanks for reading this post,

Josette

updated by @nocturnes-angel: 05/06/17 03:48:29PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
4 years ago
272 posts

Hi Josette:

I describe myself more as a Healer than as a Reader although I do provide a fair amount of information during my healings. In terms of personal experiences, I got 'told off' a few months ago by Source for underselling myself and the work. I was in a conversation with an intuitive friend of mine and kind of got blindsided by the comment coming out of the blue. I can't tell you what I was saying, or not saying, to people at the time because I was still a little unconscious but the comment certainly woke me up!

I certainly understand your comment about intercepting messages for someone else; I have known this to happen even for excellent experienced psychics. Even though the statement is accurate the question is whether you are making that statement with the right energy coming from you yourself. I know the challenges I have had, and continue to have, trusting my intuitive work that I can't see and touch as tangibly as my I.T work. However much I get great feedback, I still have questions about why I can't get the same quality of results with everybody, all the time!

And furthermore, from personal experience, there is all of the ego-bound depreciating self-talk of 'Am I good enough?', 'What will they think of me if I get this wrong?', 'what do others think of me if I get this right!', 'who do I think I am?' and all of that other useful (not!) stuff that runs round our heads. It's all part of the healing process that I am working on daily and I know I am far from alone with all this.

Undoubtedly, we have been given a gift and it is an honor and privilege to be a vehicle for that gift. I believe our job is to be the clearest channel we can be for The Work and allow others to see the Glory of the Unseen. It's not always easy!

With blessings,

Trevor

Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

Personally, I know enough about readings to understand that this situation can happen so I don't think it would add doubt for me. I also like to be clear about things with others so I think if I could give readings I would probably feel the need to add a disclaimer like that too. If you are reading someone who does not know alot about how the process works, I suppose it could put some doubt into their mind but it wouldn't for me. I hope that helps. :)

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Thanks L :)

I ended up leaving that site late last night due to the owner basically forbidding the Readers from using "I apologize, I'm sorry, etc."

Someone (another reader) actually agreed with him stating that "She would never apologize, because it's an ego tool to basically rope the sitter into trying to make sense of the Reading."

I'm all for constructive criticism, but I refuse to be 'Forbidden to do anything."

Again thank you for your reply :)

Huggs, Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Hi Michelle,

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it :)

I have asked a few of the people whom I have given Readings how it made them feel & they all said that it was a beautiful & polite way of allowing them to understand that just in case they didn't get the Reading that they were expecting/hoping for (due to possibly a different person coming through instead of who they wanted, etc.; didn't mean that all hope was lost.

I use the disclaimer because over the years (I've been doing what I do for over 30 years) many people hold so much hope in a Reading, that they may feel a multitude of emotions when they receive a Reading. I've had more than a few people literally want to hang onto every word that I said, etc.

I refuse to take on that burden.

If I give news that someone doesn't like, that's just the way it is.

I am the Messenger, nothing more; nothing less.

What a person chooses to do with that information is solely his/her/their responsibility.

I make certain that the Sitter understands that before I ever agree to a Reading of any kind.

(I do many different types of Readings, etc.)

I also have a medical disclaimer since I'm not a Medical Professional.

I tell the Sitter that he/she is free to keep a copy of the Reading, (as most of my Readings (Tarot, Runes, etc.) are good for up to & around a year from when I give them & to refer to the Reading whenever he/she feels the need .

Again, thank you for your insight. I appreciate it :)

have a great week,

Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Thank you Gin :)

I appreciate your words :)

Huggs,

Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Thank you very much for your reply Trevor :)

I appreciate it :)

As for you not getting the same quality results from every session:

Have you ever thought that it's not you, but the Sitter who is blocking you from assisting them?

Maybe they have deeper trust issues, etc. so even though they ask for assistance, they are basically self-sabotaging their own Session, etc.

I've had it happen to me before: I gave someone a Reading & she actually told me that it wasn't something she wanted to hear so that I Needed To Tell Her Something That She Wanted To Hear instead.

I've never read her again & I don't have any desire to ever do so again.

Thank so much for your reply :)

Huggs,

Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Thank you Chuck!

I very much appreciate your help :)

Huggs & Love To You,

Josette

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
4 years ago
272 posts

I'll back you on that decision, Josette!

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
4 years ago
272 posts

"it's not me, it's the Sitter" - intellectually I know you are right, somehow my system still hasn't got past 'it must be me'. Hmm, I guess that is going to be the next piece of clearing work I do on myself. LOL!

Thank you for that one. Sometimes we need a sledge hammer (or at least a large mallet) to realize what is staring us in the face! Or maybe instead of a mallet, just a good friend!

Off I go to clear myself, now!

Blessings,

Trevor

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Thanks Trevor :)

Huggs,

Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Thank you L :)

Huggs,

Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

I hope your clearing goes well Trevor :)

You assist many people with your abilities/gifts & it can be stressful; sometimes we question what is it that we are doing wrong. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion; at least it reminds us that we have a conscious :)

Huggs,

Josette

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Thanks so much Shannon :)

I appreciate your reply :)

Huggs,

Josette

Share This

From Our Sponsors