My first Reiki class, any advice?

To post a reply, login or signup

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I've known for quite some time that I have a healing gift with my hands and have used it before but only by instinct, nothing learned. So this year I decided it's time to learn a bit more from me but also from others with experience; so I joined my first Reiki class. I have the first session next week, Saturday.

The reason I'm posting is cause I'd like some advice or suggestions for anyone with experience in the field. I've read on the forum here that reiki can also be used to hard...so I'm def. gonna pay attention to what I sense when I'm practicing in class. Is there anything else I should know beforehand? Because I'm also an empath, I'm guessing we may feel it differently or more intensely...idk.

Any advice before starting would be highly appreciated. I'm kinda nervous about it a bit. :D

Namaste!

updated by @lavinia: 03/11/17 10:26:48AM
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
I sure will :)
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
I am not sure what you mean by "that Reiki can also be used to hard".

that was my mistake - i meant that reiki energy can be used to harm. If the intent is bad in using the energy, it can harm. that's what I heard.

I will be taking Gendai Reiki ho - tradinitional reiki, shedon

I don't know anything about the reiki names and all the degrees..but i intent to start reading up on it. What do you know about gendai reiki? Is that what you did?

Thank you so much for responding and I will be sure to ask my guides for protection and guidance.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Wow, thank you so much Heather. I'm very excited about my class and I hope it will help with my problems, before I will learn how to use it on others; I need that, I think, so that i can be as "pure" as I possibly can when I receive and give forward. Hope this makes sense.. :D

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it went and if I have question, I sure will ask. I know almost nothing about it,so ...I will be asking a lot in my class, I think. .

Blessings and LOVE!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Thank you Gina. I'll be sure to look into what that type of Reiki is all about before I go; I actually have only 2 days left..

Thank you for everything you said and I will keep in mind to watch what energy I;m receiving and be intune with my empathy so I can feel everything.

I'll tell you all about it on Saturday!

Blessings!

Lavinia

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Wow, sounds like you had great experience Patricia! I have a dog so I will be sure to check what her "view" of me will be when I get back., I know she always senses my aura and when I'm angry she sitss in a corner and turns aways form em till I get back to normal and when I'm very open and feeling good I can't get her "off my back " :D

I'll write back on Saturday and let you know how it went!

Blessings and thanks for sharing your experience!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I agree with being open too Heather. I think that goes for anything we undertake; I know i'm very open to it, I've wanted to do it for quite some time now.

Looking forward to it and now, after reading all your stories I'm even more excited:D

Blessings and Love!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Thanks SmokeyD! I'll keep in mind to drink lots of water; that always helps me with many things!

Love and Light to you!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Thanks jenn for responding!

As far as your concercn goes, I can't answer cause I havent even taken my class yet, but have you tried asking your teacher why she does/did that? That's what I always do; I just go to the source.

Thanks again and I'll keep you guys posted on Saturday!

Blessings and Light!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I had my first Reiki class ( level one, the initiation) yesterday and I gotta admit I was a little worried that I wouldnt be feeling much, but this I did not expect. I felt SO MUCH that in normal circumstances would have been frightening.

The teacher was nice; not exactly what I expected , but I guess it was my "fault" for expecting anything at all. He was very relaxed, but for some reason I felt he wasnt in the mood; who knows, maybe it was an "off" day; we all have those. At one point I felt he didnt like me very much cause I was the only one in a group of 6 who said I have done this before ( healing with energy I mean); the rest were there either for curiosity or just to try it. And another lady who was told she has good hands for healing so she wanted to learn. Anyhow, I realized afterwards that he was the same to everyone and maybe he explained more to them cause they seemed to have more questions; idk..

We spend a few hours just talking and getting the reiki energy( that I started to fell was around form the beginning ). So when the time came for him to do the atonements we were all very relaxed. We all sat in chair with our eyes closed and he just went from one to the other and did what he had to do. It wasnt a one on one thing. I was the last one but by the time he got to me I had already felt SO many things. I guess the energy started to work on me before he got to me; idk. I felt a big pressure sensation at the top of my head; like a block trying and pushing to get inside and even though it didnt hurt it felt very weird. I finally gave in and relaxed as much as could so it didnt feel like such a big pressure and it stopped feeling like that. But I felt the energy inside "doing things". I know it sounds weird ( at least to me it does) but I felt all sorts of sensations; in my back, my head, cold, hot, tingling, at the tips of my fingers very strong sensations and at one point I felt the tips of my fingers cracking. It was so weird...sorry if I say this too much but I just did not expect SO much. And I doubt that auto-suggestion could have caused this. I expected not to feel anything. Anyway, by the time the teacher got to me, I just relaxed and felt very warm inside. I felt things in my solar plexus; a big ball of energy, I saw colors, yellow especially and white; very vividly.

The second and third time, cause he did this 3 times, I didnt feel as much, just felt relaxed and saw more colors; more purple.

But what really got to me was that the whole time I was here ( more and more towards the end) I felt like I was high and it felt like the others around me were high as well. And I'm sure There was no weed around :P It was just the feeling of being light headed and very very relaxed; all the "high" sensations without the weird part where you realize you're high and not quite in control. I hope I'm making sense. When we took breaks to have a smoke or go to the bathroom or whenever I had to do or say something I felt fine and normal but when I didnt it was as if I was going in a trance where even the voice of others seemed to loud.

And this stayed with me all day. I felt so tired when I got home; good tired, not the way it normally feels, but unusual for 6 hours spend sitting down; if you know what i mean.

Gosh I just realized I wrote so much. I guess it just had a really big effect on me and made a huge impression. I'm very happy with the way it all went.

i just want to add 2 more things ( there would be more to say about the experience but I dont wanna bore anyone ) : one is I'd like to know if it's normal that I felt so much and if anyone felt like this? Is it an empath thing and I just got very connected to the energy? Or am I going mad and it was autosugesstion?

The last thing: I did the auto treatment last night and this morning again and I noticed something strange. At one point I raise my arms up in a V shape to get a "reiki shower" but when I put them down I feel the energy as it is almost solid...while I put my arms down, I didnt let them drop to the side, but sort of inside the V space and then out; I dindt do that on purpose, it;s just how it happened, and that's when I felt the energy very "solid". I hope I'm making sense.

Am I..or do I need to get my straight jacket clean and ready? :D

edit: forgot to mention 3 effect I got as a result of the class: one is I had to got to the bathroom a lot; I really felt I got detox or something like that cause I didnt drink that much watter :D ; so now I know why I have to ddrink plenty of water

Second is I'm feeling very light headed still; it's on and off; when I dont feel "dizzy" I feel very vibrant and happy; I can feel that somehow I'm getting cleaned of the problems I have in my body and I'm getting the effects of it. So i guess it is working .

Third: my dog - i put my hand on him after connection to the energy and he couldnt stand my hands on him; he got a bit scared; as if he was feeling something there; and I wasnt doing anything, just put my hand on him which he normally LOVES; when I just pet him without connection or without any intention, she;s fine; as soon as i "connect" I can see a very sudden change in attitude and he just looked so puzzled, like "what are you doing" look; Today I went for my horse back-ridding class and I did the same to my horse to see what he does; same thing there.same reaction. And I know animals are more sensitive than humans.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Thank you Patricia for responding and putting my mind at ease about not being crazy.

Yes, we have been instructed on how to use it to treat ourselves and i started that last night after the initiation and one more this morning. And I will do it tonight before going to sleep. We were told to do it twice a day for 1 hour. I know I will do it in the evening but I'm not sure I have time to do it for 1 hour in the morning. I don't get enough sleep as it is, 1 hour less of sleep is "torture" for me. But I will try to do it at least 15 min in the morning. I noticed the difference in me today cause of the auto-treatment session I had this morning, so I'm sure it will make a big difference.

Blessings Patricia!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

What I meant by the V shape shower is holding your hands up above your head but spread to the sides , creating a V shape and then imagining you have a shower above you that is showering reiki energy rather than water. It's quite and interesting exercise. http://www.energyriver.com/nederlands/Schrijfsels_Writings/ReikiShower.html

The same thing happened to me with going to the toilet; and I know for sure I didnt drink that much water that day :D hehe

Thank you for responding MtnHarmony!

Blessings and Light to you!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Good to know...Thanks for sharing! I'm still at the begining so it rmeins to be seen which position puts me to sleep.

I had it happen to me during meditation! :)

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
It's only been one day but I've notices so far that reiki keeps working on me even when I dont do the treatment. I'm not sure if it's the reiki or just the effect of it. But sometimes i feel tingling or heat on parts of my body and hands.
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
I feel the same sometimes through my eyes; I've felt it for a long time, long before my reiki class; when I look straight into the eyes of someone who's sick or upset ( mostly did it when the empth conversations kicked in) i would send love though my eyes into the eyes of the other person and it made them feel better. It works well even if i dont look in their eyes, but eye to eye contact works better.
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I don't remember where I found out about it. I've known about it for years though. I have never had reiki done on me before, nor did I know anyone who did it or knew much about it. I tried reading on it but gave up soon cause it felt complicated; all the symbols and the rules...I found out now it's actually not that complicated at all. Our master said that all the symbols and hand positions and preparations are actually just crutches that will help us at the beginning and the ideal is to practice reiki without them, or very few of them, just instinctively.

My first encounter with energy was with bioenergy about 10 years ago; i knew very little about it; i had a "scanning " done by a man who worked with it and it was accurate. That's when I started to believe in it cause he told me things that i had no idea about that turned out to be true. But I thought at that time that only very gifted people could do it.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

That sounds very interesting. I didnt feel that.

I only felt someone stroking my aura during the atonements but the master wasnt working on me; he was with one of the other students. I'm not sure if its the same thing or not. It only happened once.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
Try it! You wont regret it! :)
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I LOVED your story! I love the AHA moments and seeing how the universe conspires to give us what we want when we want it bad enough.

Keep me posted about how your initiations went!I wanna hear all about it :D I'm having my level 2 in 2 weeks.

Namaste!

Lavinia

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I live in Bucharest, Romania.

I'll let you know how it went when I get it.

Blessings!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book