Any technique suggestions?

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

I'm an intuitive healer. I am a Reiki Master and I use the Emotion Code and I also do general intuitive work like clearing past lives, spirit work and things like that. I think I'm up against a problem that requires a new skill set, and I'm not sure where to look. I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions.

My husband had a difficult upbringing and has struggled with depression and anxiety and passive aggressive behavior patterns all his life. Over the past year, as I've developed my healing techniques and skills, I've been able to take a big bite out of some of those issues. He seems to be slipping back some, though. He has a good and expensive graduate degree, but he's making less money now in an unskilled job than before he got his graduate degree. We are struggling greatly with money because of it, making at least $1000 less a month than we need to meet our basic needs. I have a job, but I get paid per project, so it's not consistent, but I'm also mom of our three kids and the thought of adding a third job to my list feels depressing and like I'm enabling him to keep living below his potential. I don't want to carry him along. He is smart and qualified and good at what he does and the only reason he can't get the job he deserves is something inside him, not the job market or everything else he blames for his not being able to make it into the kind of job he needs to have.

I've been working on him lately and clearing a lot of trapped negative emotions and patterns. It's just not enough, though. He will need to have is depression meds changed or upped and that kind of medical treatment, but until the underlying energetic cause is discovered and addressed, meds will only mask it. I'm out of techniques now.

Do any of you have anything you do for these kinds of situations where someone seems stuck and unable to move forward? I'd love to learn about how you tackle stuff like this.

updated by @sarah: 06/02/17 03:23:03PM
Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Thanks for the replies. Ana77, that's exactly what I've been having him do lately. I've had him go fishing for the past three weekends, and we've been riding bikes. It really helps him to be outdoors and be physical.

Also, I think it's interesting that you have PTSD and are a healer, because I have it, too and am a healer as well. I wonder if it's common among healers.

Tanja, that's a good idea. I know someone in our neighborhood who does that. I think I'll contact her.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Interesting. Thanks!

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

I've never even heard of NAET. I'm going to look it up right now. Thanks os much! When I do Emotion Code, I actually do generational and premortal work with it as well. I tend to have a gift for healing negative family patterns or injuries in the preexistence or past lives. I'm very happy to find new ways to do that. I'm going to go look it up now. Thanks!

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

You know, that is a really good question. I'm trying to remember where I even learned it seven years ago. I took the Reiki Master training course from Reiki Blessings Academy. It was an at home course, but I don't think they offer it anymore. I also had two friends who already did Reiki help me learn it.

You are interested at the right time because there are a lot of resources out there, there's even a Reiki for Dummies book. Maybe someone else would like to comment with books they found helpful when they were learning it. If not, I bet there is a thread here about it. Really, I have a few books, but I use my class manual the most. It's where I have all my notes and things. It was extremely basic, but that's what I needed, not much detail and lots of intuition. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. Good luck!

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
3 years ago
437 posts

Reiki isn't something you learn. There are books that explore it's history, the hand positions, the symbols but the energy itself, isn't something you learn. Most students of Reiki, are already "running energy" before they even show up for class. The "attunements" that one goes through helps the student open up to the Universal energy - I like to think of it as aligning with the Universal energy.

The best way to know if it's right for you, is to experience a Reiki session - often you can find free Reiki shares in your area. Some people don't take to it and others, know when they feel it, that this is what they are drawn to. Reiki is one of those things that is to be experienced. Of course there are books and youtube videos where you can learn about symbols and hand positions but it's not the same as actually experiencing it.

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Thank you! That's the perfect way to describe how to learn it.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

I admire you for doing so much to try to help him. I like Phoenix's questions, they put the issues back in his court. I feel he will have to face his problems himself before they will truly be "cured." He is lucky to have such great support from you, though. I don't suppose he is a meditator...meditation can bring issues to the forefront rather quickly sometimes. If he can find what they are, he will have a better chance of confronting them, cut cords, etc.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Freedom, that was very well stated, and exactly what I was trying to say. I tried to "fix" someone for 17 years.....GEEZE did I learn my lesson...the hard way. I also have PTSD from the experience as well as other, past experiences.I have have dealt with mine, mostly, and without the help of anyone, including therapists who only made the problems worse.

Ecila
@ecila
3 years ago
898 posts

Thanks and glad you got through your experience...I'm sure there are some good therapists out there. I had one marriage counsellor who slept with my husband...and another at a VA hospital who just wanted to put me on psychotropics (3 of them). I repeatedly told her I would not take them. I later requested my records from the VA and was really shocked at the things she had written about me, some really mean things...no compassion.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book