I met my first empath in Oregon

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
3 years ago
794 posts

And we've been friends for over a year!

Since moving here, I've commented before that everyone feels the same out here as opposed to how people feel in NYC. I was able to sense and feel who was different from the rest. I gathered it was different out here because Eugene is a very spiritual and creative city and empaths are very spiritual and creative souls. But even though I was confused, I did have certain inklings on who might be empathic based on their lives, how they speak about themselves, how people treat them, etc.

My friend Riley took me out to lunch yesterday and we got to talking. It was the first time since going to a movie together that we got a chance to just sit and chat. He began telling me about his life and how his brother, grandmother and mother treats him and shockingly, it mirrored my own life. So without revealing why just yet, I asked him some specific questions: Are you an emotional person? Do you feel with others? Before I could even finish my sentence, he said something along the lines of "He has a deep empathy for people." and I said, wow, you finished my sentence. From there, I told him I believe he's an empath and like the previous people all said when I approached them on the same subject, he said he believes he is one too.

As we walked back to my job, he was telling me more about his life growing up and how he was bullied because of his Tourette's Syndrome. I picked up on that when we went to the movie that time. He mentioned he has ticks when he's nervous and apparently hanging out with me for the first time made him very nervous because all through the movie he was making sounds and jerking around. He finally darted out the theater to compose himself and came back 5 mins later. I knew for a while of his condition because I saw a video he posted about on his Facebook, but he never told me directly.

Anyway, he asked me how I knew he was an empath and the biggest reason was that he feels like one and his life story is like many of our life stories. He battles a condition or illness, like me and others here, so intuitively, it was not hard to connect the dots. I let him know that I learned so much about him yesterday and that I am always here to hear more.

Jonny

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 05/11/17 07:01:39AM
B
@b
3 years ago
252 posts
I lived in eastern Oregon baker and la grande back in the 80s love that part of the world. I agree the people are different from the east coast I still have many good friends out there. Nice story. I can tell a empath with in a few moments of talking to them. After my awakening I called all I had this feeling about to find they all have " special powers" or are empaths. Its a very comfortable feeling. Like you've known them your whole life.
The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
3 years ago
794 posts

Exactly, they feel like lifelong friends. I've felt that the moment I joined EC.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book