Truth during the holidays

To post a reply, login or signup

WindWolf
@windwolf
4 years ago
117 posts
During the holidays, people come together and "forget" the issues they've had all during the year. So I sit through this in my room, because their real emotions that they're holding back don't hit me as hard, until I'm called antisocial and forced to go out and endure the hell that is the holidays. I understand about shielding but it's much more difficult with family, and in such high quantity.
updated by @windwolf: 05/12/17 06:05:30PM
WindWolf
@windwolf
4 years ago
117 posts
Thank you
Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

Thanks Roy, I think lots of us tend to have this problem. I know I do. Iunintentionally made myself sick one year because I was expected to attend my ex's family holidays and they usually have 100+ people attend. I didn't end up going because I was so worried about it that I was throwing up from the stress and worry. Thankfully mycurrentpartner has a very small family but it is still really hard to be in the same room with all the underlying currents of past and currentissues covered up by a smile. One person in particular there likes to say rude things to your face and then laugh like it is a joke and not offensive in the least. Everyone has to work around this person and everyone suffers forher comfort. She likes the windows open everychristmas tooso all the rest of us freeze while she is comfortable. It is usually around -35 to -45 celcius here at christmas so that is just ridiculous not to mention costly for the host in heating.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book