Holiday groups

To post a reply, login or signup

Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

Well Christmas is coming yet again. The holidays, where everyone related to you pushes and pushes for you to come visit but every gathering is full of people. Being in a room full of family that don't all get along is worse then a group of strangers. I pick on on things from everyone and it all gets jumbled together but with a family that doesn't get alongI see alot of chatting and smiles butI feel the current of animosity coming from more then one person. When it is the same emotion from multiple people I get a big dose all at once, horrid feeling. I love buying presents for everyone but I cannot stand all the get togethers, they make me dread the holidays. My inability to block or cope with it always leads to a bad christmas and some sort of outburst from me because I just can't take all the feelings flooding into me. I am not good at putting on a mask like so many do, my face shows exactly what I am feeling most of the time so everyone knows. I pick up so much from being hsp and empath at the same time that some christmases are just unbearable.

I was wondering how others might handle this?I am trying to get shielding to work but no luck so far especially in that sort of situation. I need some coping strategies.

updated by @gin-s: 05/14/17 09:23:25AM
Dice
@dice
4 years ago
284 posts

It might be time to revisit the Empath Survival Guide.. a form of volume control you havent tried yet?

Dice
@dice
4 years ago
284 posts

Forget the mask.. it doesn't work well for me either..

Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

Ah, good idea. I hadn't thought to try that yet. Thank you.

Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

I have tried the dials but I don't notice any difference. Even if I can block the empath signals I still have the sensitivity to deal with because I can still see how people are feeling by their tone and body language. Maybe some of my shielding is working but its hard to tell when you are both empath and hsp? Not sure why I can't get it to work.

Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

I don't have a driver's license but my husband takes us home as soon as I get irritable. We try to keep an escape route open when we got into a group. He is empathic too but it is his family so he is more used to them then I am. My family is easier to say no to. I will keep trying the dials and see if I can get it to work eventually.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Do you use crystals?

Everyone is different so they may work really well for some & not for others, but if you haven't tried them yet.

I would suggest any one of these to carry with you in your purse, pocket, etc.

This way you can place it in your hand should you need to (tumbled stones usually work well and are relatively small & cost less then raw stones, the choice is yours.) I like both.

Red Jasper (In many cultures it's considered the Original Warrior Stone used for Protection & added Strength) It also is noted to Block Negativity pretty well.

Black Obsidian ~ Used primarily to Block Negativity

Hematite ~ Used primarily to Block Negativity

Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

Hmm, now that's an idea. I usually wear my black tourmaline but I will try substituting these. I have all of those already so that should be easy enough. Thanks Josette.

Dice
@dice
4 years ago
284 posts

I was lucky in that way as well. My Dad knew when to push me forward, but also recognized my need for space.. he needed it too.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book