Losing a family member and the empath

To post a reply, login or signup

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts
This morning I got news that my ill great aunt has pasted on. It wasn't a surprise and was more of a relief to her and my family that takes care of her. Everyone is still sad of course and especially my grandmother (her sister). They live 4 states away from me.Today I have been simply exhausted, sad and moody. My husband even had the nerve to tell me I'm in a "mood". I'm sad for my grandmother but happy for my great aunt. So I couldn't figure out why I am feeling this way.Do you think this is related and that I can be picking up on my families emotion and stress from 500 miles away? If so, what can I do to shake the feeling beyond smudging? I have to stay awake and happy for my son!
updated by @devonearth: 01/13/17 02:24:25AM
Angel
@angel
4 years ago
607 posts

Noone is ever really prepared for death. We can know it's coming and we can even look at it as a gift is the person who is suffering, but death still has a way of making us realize that the person we love is no longer on this same plain of exsistance as we are. You still loved her and your heart still breaks knowing that you will not see her the same ever again. Even when we cross over, though we are reunited, we still change. We are no longer the person we are at that moment. Smudging doesn't help and won't help because most of the pain is your own heart grieving, IMHO :) I'm sure you are getting theirs as well, but accept your own grief first and then the smudging will help you with theirs.

I'm so sorry , my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Steven- very good point! I never thought of that in terms on empath abilities.

Angel- I think you are truly right. It is sad that Aunt B has left the physical plain. Logically, i understand that she hasn't been herself in a long time due to Alzheimer's and was struggling and the only thoughts of keeping her were selfish ones. I did feel I needed to take a few minutes that evening to remember her physical form, role in my life and qualities I could learn from her. After a good cry and sentiment I feel much better!

Thank you guys for helping me through!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book