The pain

To post a reply, login or signup

WindWolf
@windwolf
4 years ago
117 posts
I don't know what to do now. I've tried to share with those closest to me about my gifts. There are very few that believe me. Some just dismiss the idea, then there are those that call me a liar. Saying that I became a creep, saying that I became a dark being that bleeds depression. Telling me that I went through things but that I blew them out of proportion. And these are the people I love most. I'm single now, alone constantly. I can feel compassion from the other members on this site, but after I log off I'm alone. It's not like people can reach through their computers to give someone a hug, to be a physical shoulder to cry on. It's not like there is an empathic group in Columbus Ohio holding meetings full of understanding people. Hell I can't even find someone willing to go on a date because of these gifts. How do I deal with this pain, this loneliness?
updated by @windwolf: 05/14/17 08:59:38AM
Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts
I'm sorry. I know how you feel. There is only one person out of my friend/family pool whom I can talk to about these things. No one else understands.My suggestion to you is to see if you can find a meetup group with like minded individuals. Meetup.com has groups for just about everything.As far as dating goes, that's a tough area. I wouldn't share your gifts right away. I would concentrate more on meeting new people and having a good time.
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
4 years ago
729 posts
I agree with Tami. Remember also that you are not the only one feeling like you do in your hometown, so you can also look for a local spirtually oriented shop and post your desire to start your own group on their bulletin board (most shops have them) and meet the hidden empaths that I'm pretty sure exist in your area. Ask the shop owner if they know of any groups as they usually are sympathetic to peoples needs with our beliefs!
Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

We are here for you and we understand. I was tagged as a drama queen and no one realized that what seemed blown out of proportion was how I actually experienced it. I don't have a friend right now either except people on here and some of that is because most people thatI meet I really don't want to be friends with. I would rather have one really good friend then a whole bunch of crappy ones. The pain and loneliness, I think, is from the curse side of being an empath. We understand everyone but they can't understand us. I dont have any suggestions but I feel the same way. Most people just run from my strangeness.

Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

It occured to me that maybe you could go for a massage if you think that might help your need for a "hug". It ishuman touchjust in a different form.Something like that might help tide you over until you find a good friend and also provide a bit of stress relief. Hope that helps : )

WindWolf
@windwolf
4 years ago
117 posts
Thank you for your replies
Ecila
@ecila
4 years ago
898 posts

I've had to learn not to depend on other people for my well-being. It was a hard lesson. I don't tell anyone really about my sensitivities, although people who have known me for a long time just think I'm a bit psychic. I would say for you to be yourself and be your own best friend. People will come to you eventually. Maybe you need some time alone now. . . but being alone now doesn't mean that you will be alone forever.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book