Do you like being photographed?

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
4 years ago
794 posts

I have an issue about being in someone's photo. Whether I approve it or don't. I am a take pictures of myself kind of person. I just discovered a photo that was uploaded on July 9th to Facebook. I am clearly in it. My head was down, I didn't even know it was taken and I am annoyed by that because if I don't know you, I don't wish to be in your camera. it's a thing about me and I wonder if it's just me or if it's an empath thing. People may treat me like a celebrity, but I am not one. I don't like the attention and having a pic of me that I didn't know was taken is just another form of drawing attention to myself when I want to blend in.

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 01/13/17 01:54:23PM
WindWolf
@windwolf
4 years ago
117 posts
I'm not a fan of having my picture taken.
Gin S
@gin-s
4 years ago
225 posts

I do not likepictures either. My mom was always trying to dress me up and take photos.Also most pictures of me don't come out well and that really doesn't help. No onehas been able toreally capture me in a photo, it never looks like how I naturally am. If that makes sense.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
4 years ago
867 posts

Hi Jonny,

I'm not a fan of having my picture taken but it's due to my mother ~smile~

Her and my Grandmother shied away from photos and we only had professional photos taken on specific occasions (Baby Photos, School, Photos, Graduation, Wedding, etc.)

When I asked my mother why she finally told me that when a person takes you photo that he/she is capturing a piece of you(a part of your essence, so to speak) and that you never know what he or she may do with that photo.

Please take into account that I grew up in the era when images where still processed on film so a person still had the negatives and my family deeply believes in Good & Evil.

My Grandfather used to tell my Mother, "Not to fear the Dead, but to Fear the Living."

I've learned that saying to be true many times (unfortunate as it may be) but Humanity always seems as if it has a Score to Settle or An Ego to Boost, etc.

If I trust the person taking the picture, then I have no problem with taking a picture, but I take very few pics,

Have a great weekend :)

Huggs & Love,

Josette

4 years ago
794 posts

That's exactly what I thought. Who knows what any random person could be using my photo for. I don't like to be caught on camera. Video camera either. One day a guy came into the store and started filming. I hid out in the warehouse because I don't want to be on anybody's film. My image is for me and my family or friends and I don't feel comfortable having my image on someone's camera. I try to give people the same courtesy when I am taking pics outside. I wait until everyone moves out of the way before I take pictures.

Hugs Josette,

Jonny

4 years ago
794 posts

It makes total sense! I HATE how I look in other people's photos because it looks nothing like me. That is an additional reason why I dislike people taking my picture. And I am not a random snapshot kinda person. It has to be good all the time.

4 years ago
794 posts

Me too, Tori.

Dice
@dice
4 years ago
284 posts

I dont like it either.. my photos look much better when I am unaware they are being taken.. but I get angry about them. I dont want to be in the picture.. feel you on this one.

B
@b
4 years ago
252 posts
Maybe this is why I always make a funny face in a informal photo opp , so that know one can see inside of me in my eyes. But as far as candid shots I guess I could care less. Cause I'm not the focus
4 years ago
794 posts

YES! I am the king of making faces in pictures. I'm not a pose for pictures kind of person. It bugs the hell outta me!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book