Exciting change on the EC!

To post a reply, login or signup

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

I'm REALLY excited to finally connect our members with each others though the offering of products and servicesMade By Empaths (I'm kidding, it's not registered but I like the idea ;).

Providers of this new program are all Empaths and active members of our web site . They will offer private readings, creative art, books they wrote and everything handmade. You can now see exactly how other Empaths express their gift and get help from our more experienced members.

This is part of our latest fund raising effort. All providers of Made By Empaths (wow, maybe I should register this...) have agreed to donate a part of their proceeds back to the EC! As you may know, we've been trying to figure out how to pay our increased hosting fees (from $25/month to $50/month).

I know that the most obvious way to make enough money is to charge a monthly fee to our members. But I truly hate this option. I feel in my heart that we are a non-profit web site and I want people to ALWAYS be able to read all the posts for free. Our "Donation" button does not raise more than $5-$10/month right now so it's not enough...

In case you're wondering, I also looked at every other option under the sun (like Google group, Facebook page, Joomla, Drupal and Buddypress) but we would lose all our content from the last 6 years, as well as chat, groups and other cool features...Nooooooooo!

So keep an eye out for the new Made By Empaths products and serviceson the web site!!!

in love,

Elise & the EC moderators

PS: ^ Doesn't that sound like a cool rock band name?

updated by @eliselebeau: 05/07/17 10:24:03PM
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

it's all good! Come in and out at your pace. Someone's always manning the fort ;)

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

I have a private domain. But the EC is a lot more than just a forum. We have tons of groups, pictures, videos, chat room conversations, etc. So we're hanging in there!

Roxanne
@roxanne
4 years ago
1,562 posts

LOVE!! Will be watching for new developments & participating. Good work, Oh High Holy Janitor!

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

Ahahaha, I've taken on the role of Bridge Troll as well now... and Marketing Monkey (because I don't really know what I'm doing, just playing with all the buttons).

I'm still debating the the new title I will add to my business card!

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

Yeah, I have seen this a lot with Empath who finally stop being drained by it. They start to channel it in a way to frees their spirit and opens up their creativity. When I have this worked out, there will be a form to submit your own products and services for possible inclusion :)

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

Thanks for your generosity!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book