Involuntary Fear of 'Abilities'

To post a reply, login or signup

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

I am wondering what to do about this and if anyone else has/had this experience...

I have this fear of utilizing my abilities. It is involuntary and logically I can dismiss it, but it comes at the most inopportune times!

For instance, I was meditating today and got more focused than I had ever been.. the bathroom fan (i was in the bath) instantly went smooth sounding and my candle started drastically flickering. Even if it was nothing, my chest instantly tightened as if my heart chakra snapped shut.

Another time, I was trying to astral project and as soon as I got the feeling I could 'get up' my fear lurched up and I started seeing shadows across the room and I couldn't free myself and 'wake myself' up. Perhaps this was me sleeping and turned to a bad dream but either way the fear is present.

I have asked God to take it away and perhaps he is slowly, but it's quite annoying and I feel as if it is holding me back.

Any advice? Thanks in advanced!

Rereading this.. I can just see doubt in my explanations.. I want to overcome both these things!

updated by @devonearth: 05/15/17 12:22:08PM
DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Wow! These are some great replies. Thank you all.

Jessica, thank you for taking the time to write all that out! I have read and reread this. It is wonderful. I have journaling some reflections on the topic and writing down any fears/ what I desire to come into existence in fears place. I already have noticed differences in how I think and my experiences. I plan to keep trying and keep slowing acquainting myself with these fears, dreams and abilities! It's such slow progress and I am just going to have to accept that!

Angel
@angel
4 years ago
607 posts

Astral projection may be newer territory for you, idk. I am still afraid of my mediumship and sometimes astral projection., They seem to go hand in hand since I work with uncrossed spirits, I'm always afraid that they will try to take over me when I'm gone. I haven't gotten over the fear so I decided not to go into a really deep trance. Instead , in a spiritual sense, I stay mostly conscious within a light trance so that way I can still be somewhat aware of what is going on around me. It's just as effective for me. Alot of my fears stemmed from childhood experiences with spirits and the supernatural. What I would suggest is to figure out what your fear is. Don't dismiss it as little because it's a legitmate fear because you fear it :) Acknowledge it and if you can't completely get over your fear, compromise with it. Find a way to meditate that will let you feel more comfortable astral projecting. perhaps you are afraid of what will happen if you leave, if this is the case, be clear about where you want to travel and set the intention or purpose of your journey before you go. Ask your guide or angels to travel with you and add a protective shield around your body and an archangel to protect it while your gone. Maybe you are afraid of not having more control if this is the case, try going into a light trance and stay earthbound. Maybe your afraid you won't return, if so, invision a cord connecting your soul to your body and set an alarm for the time you want to come back, ect.

You could also do a ritual cleansing before and after to prevent hitchhikers. Because your afraid of that spiritual realm, create a space that you are confident you are protected in and this should help. If your fear, however is stronger then your desire, you may want to confront that fear and go further on what the fear is and why you have it. Hope this helps,

Blessings,

Angel

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

You have a lot of good points!

I think my fear is based off two things... #1: Lack of control #2: Being tricked or something by darkness (like demons)

I have been writing and praying about it a lot. I feel much better already and have actually gotten closer to astral projecting. I'm also finding myself aware in dreams and able to wake myself up or control it.nk

I really want to go full into the spiritual world, so I will get there!!

Angel
@angel
4 years ago
607 posts

What are your spiritual beliefs, sometimes our beliefs, especially if we were ingrained in a certain belief system as children, will often carry that into our adulthood, So maybe some f your fears are from what you were taught or it's a subconscious pull making you feel like you are doing something wrong according to those beliefs.

This is actually a good time for you to understand your beliefs and ask yourself, do I trust my divine? do i honestly feel this is ok to do? if not, why not? this may be more about faith and less about fear. You may want that protection but do you fully believe that you will be protected? if not, ask yourself why not? and then go from there about your reservations. You may not be ready yet. You can try and start with basic meditations to the higher realms without actually astral projecting at first. The light can be stronger then the dark, but where your energy lyes is what will manifest. If your fear is stronger then your light, I would suggest not to do it now and to focus solely on light energy for awhile. Once you have hit that point, the shadows will mean nothing because you will already know within the depths of your soul that they cannot hurt you and you will know that they cannot harm you because you are fully protected by that light energy. IMHO. Many blessings to you :)

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

I was raised as a religious christian. So they like to ingrain a lot of fear there. I also watched my mom struggle through her life and until it ended and I always wondered if her addictions had something dark attached to them. I believe light will be darkness every time. I trust God as much as possible at the point in my life, not to say I couldn't even more. Thats why i keep an open discussion with Him and ask lot's of questions. Church never felt right, religion and denominations are all man made so I've just started really finding where my true beliefs are. I can only go up from here! Pun intended haha

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book