Sensitivity to Food

To post a reply, login or signup

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

I'm a psychicEmpathand a Highly sensitive person. I have the hang of most of my ability but I'm still not quite there yet and I struggle from time to time. :)

I've always been Quite sensitive to food, in the sense that most things give me a tummy ache. I'm not sure what things I should or shouldn't eat, I generally have a plain diet which doesn't give me stomach aches but other then that food doesn't always agree with me.

does anyone else have this, or is it just me?

is there a diet that you guys have if you are sensitive to food or a specific diet in general?

Any thoughts about it in general, Thanks in advance, Yin x

updated by @yin-guest: 05/12/17 10:33:21PM
DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts
I've always had a sensitive stomach and recently developed lactose intolerance (after pregnancy). I was wondering if it was connected to being an empath. Stress always makes my digestive systems shut down.
Kristin R
@kristin-r
4 years ago
11 posts

We are already so sensitive, it only makes sense that our bodies would also be sensitive to different foods, especially in this age of poorly grown, overly-chemicaled food. There are many foods I have found that I can not eat over the years...first milk, then gluten, bananas, tomatoes and peppers, and blueberries and strawberries. I'm developing a sensitivity to soy as well, so I try to watch how much I intake. Every person has their own set of foods that they are sensitive to, and there are is no rhyme or reason (though there is some genetic trends) to which sensitivities you have. I work with naturopaths, and they always recommend starting with an elimination diet to figure out the big ones. I've figured out the small ones thanks to a terrible blessing of developing hives and taking a couple of years to figure out everything that was causing them. The remainder are foods that result in me feeling phlemy after eating them. There are different resources online on how to do the elimination diet, the rest is up to how in-tune you get with your body and stomach each time you eat. Best of luck in your venture.

Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

I think that natural food is the best for us, and personally I stay away from processed food, try to eat organic and eat as little wheat and sugar as possible.

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Couldn't agree more. I think it is safe to say I am addicted to processed "food" but have been making small changes for some time now and have never felt better!

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

I was wondering if it was linked to being an empathy too, I just get awful stomach aches, thank youfor your reply, much love, Yin x

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

That sounds like a really good idea, I'm finding my stomach aches getting worse so I will definitely try that diet thank you, much love, Yin x

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

I shall try that thank you, much love, Yin x

Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

I've been thinking about trying to skip dairy, but I don't have any real problems with it, so I don't really need to, I don't think. I don't drink alcohol or coffee though. Tea and dark chocolate is my poison. ;)

Lavinia
@lavinia
4 years ago
212 posts

I'm very sensitive to food too and it's gets harder during stress periods. I think the reason we have a sensitive stomach and it could be related to empaths, it's because the power center, the area where we feel emotions is located in the stomach area and with so much energy going in, no wonder we have trouble with it.

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

I'm the same I eat when I feel like it and depending how I feeldecides what I will eat or if I will eat or how much I will eat, thank you for your reply, it had made me feel not less alone, much love,Yin x

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

That is true, I never thought about it like that, thank you for sharing some wisdom and teaching me, much love, Yin x

bluecrystalangel
@bluecrystalangel
4 years ago
93 posts

It might have something to do with the Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening. Number 7 to be exact. Here is the link for it.

http://www.namastecafe.com/edu/symptoms.htm

This may explain some, if not all, of what you may be experiencing.

I, too, have difficulties with food, particularly with any meat as well as with lemons and limes. I end up in severe pain if I eat meat. As for lemons and limes, I have an allergy to them, but not to any other citrus fruit. Initially, I thought it odd to be just allergic to those two fruits and not to all citrus so I consulted a health professional at the time I discovered my allergy. They informed me that it was not uncommon for one to develop an allergy to the two fruits. My throat started burning and my face not only swelled up, it also turned almost scarlet when I had anything with either lemon or lime in it. My face at the time also burned anyone who tried to touch it, including the doctor.

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

Thank you I will have a look :) x

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

that does sound rough, thank you for your relation :), Yin x

Yin Guest
@yin-guest