Emotional pain from watching a story unfold?

To post a reply, login or signup

Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

Okay, so I know I can get very emotionally involved with any story or person - I don't have to know them, to feel them, so to speak. As soon as I feel an attachment to a person, real or fictional, and the story, real life or fictional, the pain starts. Not always though. Sometimes my 'obsessions' help me get through stuff and heal my own life. I always get the full spectrum of emotions, thoughts and physical sensations, making everything I get involved in emotionally to a wonderful journey of discovery and mostly joy. I am grateful for that.

But sometimes, it's like my heart is ripped out, and my chest gets heavy and I just want to turn it off. It feels like overload of some kind. Most of the time the pains stays just below the pain barrier, making the experience mostly enjoyable, but sometimes, just sometimes, a story can make me feel so much, I feel close to losing it. Fortunately I almost always just need to take a break from whatever it is, if I can.
---

I was catching up on a tv series the past week, and the story, especially being able to watch episode after episode, makes me feel so much, it's almost unbearable. I invest so much in those characters, they become like family to me, and even though I know in my mind that it's not real, my heart chakra doesn't seem to care. It's like my chest is going to burst. All it takes is one tiny second where the characters come really close, or the story upsets me, and the pain starts. With this series, there was so much sadness. At the same time it's like I am watching something I can't be a part of, and it feels so real to me, and I feel so sad that it isn't.

In the end I am grateful for those experiences.

I was just wondering if anybody else experiences stories and characters like this. Almost like you become them and can feel their heart beating. It's like a pure ray of love that goes through my heart with full force, no pull backs. I wonder if it's all that healthy? I mean, most of the time I don't really want it to stop.

Nea

updated by @nea: 01/11/17 08:53:08PM
Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

Well, before I never considered that it my experience was any different from how other people experienced the world. I guess it's like adding another dimension to observing something - reading a book or watching a movie or tv, if the extra dimension is triggered, I get a richer more heightened experience that touches the very core of my being. It can be joyful, it can be painful, it all depends. This sensitivity effects alot of layers in my life, like when I take in information or listens to music. But ofcourse it's not all at the same level or same effect.

I don't know much about chakras, just a little. I'm not sure if this sensitivity is something I should be worried about? I guess I do turn it down sometimes - I think it's how I can watch violent movies - i actually like that sometimes, because it's like pressing a mute button. Dunno if that is maybe bad? I'm doing it automatically, and not on purpose.

Heh, I figured that alot more people here would recognize this, but hey maybe not. ;)

Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

It's definitely something that generally speaks to my life that I connect with, like I almost need to go through, like therapy or something. I have no idea how to control what I take in with the heart chakra though, I don't really understand the process. I might also be that since I usually turn my own feelings off or at least aren't connected or aware of them, even if these feelings are just 'borrowed' it feels so much like my own that I get addicted to them, so to speak. Dunno.

Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

Thanks, I always strive to understand myself better. :)

Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

It does feel like a tidal wave of something bursting out from somewhere deep within, like I can't hold it back. I guess fighting it is not the answer, but trying to understand where it comes from is.

Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

I feel you. :)

A couple of days ago I decided not to fight it, and it was like this deep feeling of love hit me like...indescribable. Not only does it connect me to stories, it seems to speak to certain areas in my life, like I am changing or something is being changed. I don't think it's a bad thing. But maybe it can be, sometimes, because we have to be careful what we let in, I don't really know. So far though, I've only come out ahead. But change can be really painful. I'd say though that fighting it can be more dangerous because then we don't heal, there will be just more wounds...
But yeah, I don't want it to stop.

Avic amare a santum

Nea

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book