New here! My experienes... Grateful for any input.

To post a reply, login or signup

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts
Hello everybody! I am so grateful to have found this forum. I hope that it helps me figure out a few things and is a gateway to meet some like-minded people.I have been anxious to tell my story to a community of empaths and to get opinions on if these experiences seem relatable to this new world I'm discovering. I apologize in advance for my long winded-ness but would GREATLY appreciate your input, comments, support, etc.These are some of the main experiences and characteristics of mine that have seemed to match up with my readings on empaths... I'll start from my childhood.I can remember as a kid experiencing intense emotional moments. I would tell my mom "I just feel like crying but I don't know why". It was embarrassing and obviously unique, as no children around me felt this way. Looking back I realize that I could have just been picking up on my mothers feelings. She was a single mom that struggled with alcoholism, drug addictions and bipolar (to say the least). My husband describes my childhood as "colorful". He is a sweet man because it was quite an unsteady emotional roller coaster ride. My family just said I was sensitive or had a big soul and maybe was justifiably depressed.I was in and out of doctors offices constantly. My mom was convinced I was sick and sometimes that I was even dying, and unfortunately shared these feelings with me. I believed her. The doctors never found anything, fibromyalgia came up a lot since nothing could be proven.At 14, I moved out of my moms house and in with a family that was the opposite of what I was living. They were positive, healthy, kind and grateful. It took work and a lot of discipline but soon I was all these things as well with a few exceptions...I still had these intense emotional experiences. Sometimes brought on by a stressful situation and sometimes out of no where. The overwhelming sensation could often lead to my crying (like I did as a child) or would be a longer lasting event that lead me to withdrawal from friends and family since they didn't understand my feelings any more than I did. I ended up calling these anxiety attacks since many people can relate to the term, I still do.For the past 7 years, I have been working on myself. It's been the hardest challenge to get rid of my negative mindset that had been embedded into my brain. I moved away again, out of state and surrounded myself its positive, encouraging people. I've greatly improved but still felt like I was missing something. Like I was still different. Why is it so hard for me to stay calm and happy competed to everyone else?!Now reading on empaths, I'm having an "aha!" Moment. Maybe it's not just me. Maybe it's everyone around me and I'm letting them control me.I feel immense guilt when I've done nothing wrong. Just the other day I was carefully driving down the interstate when a man just beside me and flipped me off. I couldn't figure out why and knew I hadn't done anything wrong but that guilt stuck with me all day and all night. Like I needed to talk with him and fix his anger.I hate the news, I find myself grieving for the victims and their families. Even movies can send me spiraling into a dreadful mood and they aren't even real!I've always felt a connection with animals that no one else seemed to have.I can look into someone's eyes and see the type of person they are or if they've had traumatic experiences or whether I can trust them. I'm almost always right.There are other traits I have but I realize I've already written a short novel.To find that there is a name for this, there are others that have these same traits is such a relief. I'm not crazy!? At the same time, it scares me to enter this new world of spiritualism.If you've stuck with me and read all this, please feel my gratitude. I can not wait to hear from you.My question, do I seem like an empath? If so, now what?!
updated by @devonearth: 05/15/17 12:21:07PM
Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
4 years ago
100 posts

Yes you certainly are an empath.

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts
Just finished reading it and excited to get startedI'm afraid I have trouble distinguishing between my own feelings and those of others that I have taken on.. Any advice on that?
DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

I appreciate all your replies! I am excited to be practicing shielding and grounding. There is SO much I have to learn! Keep the comments coming, if you will!

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Thank you Steven! This has been a terrific journey and it's only just begun!

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Meditation has REALLY helped! I do it at least once a day. I still have mega chatter but it gets easier and easier, bit by bit. Thanks for your kind words

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

What an interesting story! Thanks for sharing. I keep getting blown away by how much physical stuff I am picking up. All this time, I couldn't figure out why i wasn't 'healthy' when my lifestyle is. Big weight off my shoulders! I like your wind/ foreign energy way of thinking. It makes total sense. Thanks for some great advice!

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Hi Sue, I agree that she definitely hadMunchausen tendencies. I'm sure that was one of the many things to heighten my sensitivity. Although, she was never the angry type towards me, but it was clear when she was using and I always knew that it wasn't really her, it was the drug of choice. I never felt like I needed to fix her, she passed away when I was 16 before I could even grasp what was truly going on. She taught me so many valuable lessons including how to love and released me from any burden she may carry.

As far as where to go next, I swear by Dr. Michael Smiths readings, they have helped a ton! I also am getting involved in Reiki, as in getting a session plus learning it myself. Maybe these are tools that could help you as well. Thanks for your reply!

Love & Light to you!

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

I'm saying just read, like read his books. He has had an amazing experience and amazing mentoring and shares all his knowledge and techniques. He is actually coming to my state soon and so I'm going to volunteer at his event just so I can meet him!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book