The strong urge to be with family

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
4 years ago
794 posts

I just have a strong urge to be with people like myself. EC is amazing and I cherish it wholly, but it's not enough. I want to interact face to face with empaths and people going down a supernatural path in their lives like I am. I just feel so outta place with regular human beings. We don't click. I can't even sit among regular people because it's like I'm a sore thumb, a caged bird that needs to fly away. I've done the whole Google search for empaths in my area, or similar terms like paranormal, healers, lightbeings and it brings up nothing concrete. I made an account with meetup.com just so I can get some hits on events going on in my area. Ugh. If only it were as simple as a spidey sense going off when you encounter an empath on the street so you can stop them and be like, heyyyyyyy! Right???? I knowwwwww. Not a soul will ever understand me like an empath will. And truth be told, I'm so tired of being misunderstood and trying to be understood. I give up. This is where the whole lonely thing comes in. It's like, is this destiny for a typical empath? Are we to be lonely forever? You feel close to the entire world, so it's difficult as hell to know who is a true friend and who you simply feel close to.

Another thing I tend to notice, and I know it's not just me, is we aren't meant to have our own sources of emotional therapy. Like no one is ever there for us the way we are there for them. You know how many times I'm venting to someone and they cut me off to tell me what to do, say or feel, or "identify" with how you feel by saying, "I feel like that all the time." Just fricking LISTEN for Pete's sake! That's all I want. I dunno about anyone else. I'm not looking for advice from you, I don't want to hear your wise words, just listen to me so I can get some emotion off my heart. But that? IMPOSSIBLE. I notice a lot when I am in mid venting, getting stuff off my chest, the person I am venting to gets interrupted, and I have to constantly wait til they get back and give me their full attention and that alone gets frustrating to the MAX.

Sigh....the full moon is so bright and low tonight and I just came back from talking to the Man upstairs, just venting to him, letting him know how I feel as he is the only one I can do that with it seems. I like night time here in Oregon. The sky is absolutely amazing. Clear for days. Makes you wonder what else is out there. Anyway, good night. I'm gonna work on some art.

Jonny

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 01/24/17 03:09:03PM
Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

I can feel really isolated sometimes, and when I do am around people, I feel like we're from different places, different planets or even different dimensions. Some part of me have accepted that there is such difficulty finding people that really want to know me or even can. I've accepted that it's okay to love them and interact with them and not expect anything back. Just as long as I do take care of myself.

I think that even though empaths do understand each other better than non-empaths, it's not a guarantee for compatibility. The person for me that listen to everything I say and go through is my younger sister. She is just very emapthic, even though she doesn't identify with the Empath label, and we are very close - we slept in the same room for a long period of our childhood and we've been inseparable emotionally for a big chunk of our lives. We know what the other person means even when we don't explain all of it with words. It's pretty awesome.

That doesn't mean though that I don't have other needs emotionally and intellectually that she can't meet. But that's the thing. We get different things from different people, and we can't expect one person to be everything for us. I think we sometimes confuse our own desire to be everything to someone with our need to find a 'perfect' person, when in fact we can't be everything for anybody either, just as we aren't perfect.

The thing is, the person we actually can vent to and that listens might not be the perfect person at all, but they are perfect because we need them.

Personally I have a hard time accepting I even need anybody. I know it's a fault of mine. I can't help it. I need to be self sustaining, I need to feel independent. But the paradox is I need people, because I need to feel I help them, I need them to need me. I need them to need to help me.

I don't think Empaths are necessarily alone. But we are lonely because we are self aware. And even lonely people can be less lonely. All it takes is one soul sibling. Like my sister. Or that guy I talked with in a chat room that were so close to me even though I've never met him face to face, but it felt like we had known each other forever. They are rare, but they exist. They might or might not be Empaths.

Not that I don't get frustrated alot. I do. But I used to isolate myself because I didn't want to feel the disconnect between what I was sharing and the person I was talking to. I still don't say everything to most people. But I share more, and I demand a place. Sometimes the response amazes me. Not because it's everything I want, but because it's more than I've ever had before. ;)

Hope that helps.

Nea

4 years ago
794 posts

I usually just start out with telling him what's bothering me and how it makes me feel. Then I ask if he can help me get through it by giving me the strength or courage I need to endure it. Many times after I talked to God, I felt much better than I did when I started because I bore my soul to him and that makes me happy. :)

In oregon, the night sky is very clear so you can basically see the universe in all its glory, no cloud cover or anything. Just the darkness of space and the bright stars. It's so beautiful. :) Thanks for your reply.

4 years ago
794 posts

It did a little. Thanks Nea. :)

4 years ago
794 posts

i try so hard to see what I do have so i could focus on that for the moment, but the things I don't have much of, like good relationships, it starts to bother me cuz deep down, that's what i desire to make me happy. Thanks Liz. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book