What would you want to read in a book about Empaths?

To post a reply, login or signup

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

I have been feeling the "urge" to write a book on Empaths. Note that this urge comes from an "outside pull" (the same way my urge to create this community came from such a place).

Personally, I'd be happy to look the other way and not embark on such a big project. The sheer thought of all this work makes me dizzy, considering my already packed schedule (I'm a single mom with 2 jobs). However, this keeps coming back in my head, and I feel I need to take a hint at some point :)

For every empath that finds his/her way to the EC, I feel there are millions of others who are still in the dark. I want to find them and make it easy for them to recognize themselves while feeling comforted, supported and validated. Like the essence of the EC, captured in a book :)

So I am trying to wrap my head around this question: is there is something else that needs to be said, for us, or through us, in a printed book? Maybe something you need to hear, or that you feel other empaths need to hear so that they can be free to be who they really are?

If you were to pick up a really great book on Empaths today..and while reading it, you'd be thinking to yourself "Wow, this book is exactly what I needed to hear and wanted to know!"

...what would that be?

updated by @eliselebeau: 05/16/17 04:24:07AM
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

It's so true! How easy, even for functional empaths, to slide back into a "non empath friendly" internal state of mind! It's not a one time thing that you nail down and then never have to revisit. Looking back on it, I know my own slippages have led me to discover new self care behaviors over the years that I find essential now.

It is such a contradiction that we can feel everyone else's emotions and yet empaths can often feel lonely and isolated. We're alone in our "inner" crowd.

Thanks for your thoughts, Carolanne :)

Dice
@dice
4 years ago
284 posts

What a great undertaking!! I am pondering your question and thinking that it would be great to have a book or books.. If you could complete a book that could have a companion that could fit in the purse with basics that one could refer to quickly might be neat.

What has been great here is the experiences and information about what works for different people. Any reference tools that could give more information. I find that I am still struggling with the feelings of people around me and how I then take most of the negative as being directed at me. I know that not all of these feelings are about me.. but sometimes I need reminders about how to handle that so it is not so taxing emotionally.

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

Yes! I have been thinking about how different people have a different experience of being an empath. I find that books in this field often contain either 1) a long list of tools 2) a self story of the author which may or may not relate to all the different expression empaths as a group.

I would like this book to cast a wider net, not only including what I know and what worked for me, but also representing all the "faces" of the empaths around us, along with what worked for them.

...More to ponder :)

Thanks!

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

That was so funny, I could almost see chapters popping out of what you are describing...How inspiring!

Once again I am struck by how awesome you all are in bringing to light what was hidden.

One of my favorite "Empath Traits" ;)

I'm taking frantic notes from what i'm reading here, so feel free to come back to this post if something jumps as you. I'll be listening :)

Yin Guest
@yin-guest
4 years ago
85 posts

All our traits like what sort of people we are and basically everything about us personality wise, and much more:D That would be pretty cool, Yinx

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
4 years ago
414 posts

Yeah, I feel empaths struggle a lot with work. I was in and out of jobs for a good 5 years before I got my footing. I"ve been really happy at work for the last 5 years and my career has sky rocketed (that's my other job as an engineer :)! I'll make sure to have a chapter on this...

Thanks!

Dice
@dice
4 years ago
284 posts

Help with work would be wonderful!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book