Can empaths be masters of manipulation?

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
5 years ago
794 posts

There's this guy on a tv show called Big Brother who's being called one of the best players of all time, because he's a master manipulator. After he lies to people to get further in the game, he spins his webs to get them to trust him and he does it again and again...and again. I looked at his gameplay this summer, and I'm asking myself how in the world did he do it? So I wondered if he might be an empath. It's possible. His career is a high school teacher, and coach. So he's got an aptitude for helping people and he's good at pep talking, of course. But I never saw anything like it the way he's able to lie to you, use you, get you to get him further in the game, dig his way out of his own funeral, do damage control and restart the process. People tend to trust him even though he showed his nature in the house.

Big Brother is a game show where contestants live in a house all summer and they have to compete in games, nominate others for eviction and eventually it comes down to two people who are up against the grand prize, $500, 000. He won this game before, four years ago and he might just win it again.

I got my eye on him, he may be empathic and doesn't know it. Just knows that he's good at what he does.

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 01/15/17 07:48:47AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
868 posts

I believe Empaths can be Manipulators. It's what you choose to do with your gifts or abilities that determine what or whom you turn out to be. Some Empaths are withdrawn & get bombarded by other people's emotions, etc. where other Empaths learn or navigate around that & turn it around to create a positive outcome & atmosphere for themselves, etc.

I do believe however, that he's well aware of his abilities and knows how to use them to spin the odds in his favor.

5 years ago
794 posts

I'm watching Big Brother After Dark on Showtime 2 and it looks like the girl who was closest to him in the house now hates his guts and I saw him(Dan) smirking to the camera when he heard her screaming. So yes, I believe you are right. He knows what he's doing.

5 years ago
794 posts

He might very well be.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
868 posts

I think you may be getting the differences confused.

An Empathic person can be either too overemotional & let the qualms of the world, people, etc. bother him/her or learn to discern and have a relatively normal life or take others' emotions & flip the coin, so to speak, by becoming a mirror instead of a sponge.

If you are a person who is Empathetic it means that you are showing Empathy for someone or something. Just as someone can have Sympathy for someone, a person can have Empathy for someone.

It has nothing to do with being an Empath.

Lavinia
@lavinia
5 years ago
212 posts

I don;t like him! There's something very odd in his eyes that sends chills down my back.

He feels more like an energy vampire type. That's the feeling I get form him; like an energy raper...the kind with strong energy that seems to take over others and make them do what he wants them to. LOL, manipulator indeed.

On another note, i think empaths can be manipulators if they want to. We def. have the skills and advantages for that. But it's ll in how you want to live and who you choose to be. Empathy and our sensitivity is just a tool we are given, like any other. We use it how we choose.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book