Beginning to get more sensitive

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
5 years ago
794 posts

Hi, EC. It's been a while.

When it came to being an empath, I always dealt with feelings of nervousness and agitation around people. It made me not want to be out in crowds. Uneasiness, sweating, discomfort. I live in NYC so I always encounter crowding wherever I go. The noise of the city I am used to as well. Fire engines, sirens, although they are loud and hurt my ears, I don't go crazy from hearing it.

This year I've been battling a squatter who has taken up residence in the far end corner of a parking lot that is adjacent to my building. For years, I'd heard loud music, but thought it was coming from someone who was playing music from their car with their windows open. When i went back there to see what is going on, I saw how he's living out of a tent he set up and he's made the entire place his home.

He is very rude and inconsiderate. Blaring music whenever he feels like it for himself or 2-3 more people. This noise has gone on as late as 3am and he doesn't have an ounce of respect or consideration for the surrounding neighbors. I dunno who he is, why he's there, but I do know he's got a lot of nerve. The blaring music lately has been echoing in my head, sounding like it's right outside my window, on my window sill even though it's several hundred feet from where I am. I can hear it so close and because I have sensitive hearing, it makes for a chaotic experience which leaves me feeling like I am going insane. A feeling I don't like to go through.

Tonight he was at it again, I had to be somewhere and told him to turn it down around 10pm. He told me it's not going to happen. I was extraordinarily pissed off and again, those questions went through my head. "Who the hell are you? Why are you here?" Because of him, I've grown to dislike human beings in general. This kind of behavior I seemingly see everywhere. Everyone only cares about themselves, no one has common courtesy anymore. I do not feel human so I don't claim to be human. So while I feel like I am literally going insane with music pumping in my head, no one wishes to get involved in my cause to get this guy gone and fast. Everything I could do to get this man removed from where he should not be has failed simply because no one cares enough to help me and it makes me wonder what kind of world I am living in.

I feel my senses are growing sharper. Music, noise and all sorts of annoying sounds have never bothered me but this is the start to something that i feel is only gonna get worse and I don't know how to handle it when I seemingly have no choice but to be forced to endure his blaring music. I wish it were as simple as meditating, but it doesn't help. It's like a dentist drill inside my head and my sister today wondered why I was so mad. I've told her I am an empath but i don't think she GETS how bad sensitivity can be for one who is empathic.

I'm going to try to get back to sleep. I woke up early because I went to bed early to avoid hearing music all night.

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 01/09/17 03:54:41AM
5 years ago
794 posts

Thank you Lynn. :)

5 years ago
794 posts

Scoooooby!

I may be moving in the next year, by next summer. A family friend is looking to rent out a room in her house that has lots of privacy and she is only asking $450. It's in Oregon where the other side of my family lives and I'm going to take her up on her offer. I just have to get things in order before I go. I can't take the city anymore. Too many people just don't give a damn about anyone anymore.

5 years ago
794 posts

I'm going to Best Buy in a few minutes to pick up some things, hopefully they'll have earplugs? Can you get them at the hardware store too? I try to stay in control and I'm learning so hard to stop being perplexed at human behavior. They will NEVER change so accept them for who they are while not allowing myself to succumb to the sensitivities.

Thanks Gene.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 years ago
867 posts

Hi Jonny,

Please don't think I'm crazy but if you have a window that faces the area where this squatter is at you could try placing an Oblique/Baqua mirror there, it doesn't have to be a large mirror, even a small pocket sized one should help.

Place it in the lower left hand side/corner of the window.

You can even place it in the window while you are out.

Huggs,

Josette

A feng shui bagua mirror is a powerfulcureto protect against negative energy and create good fortune and harmony.

What is a Feng Shui Bagua Mirror?

This type of mirror protects a house or place of business from the negative energy known asshar chior poison arrows. A standard bagua mirror, also known as pakua mirror, is octagonal in shape with a wooden back. Eight trigrams surround the round mirror in the center, one trigram on each of the octagonal sections. Outside of the trigrams, toward the outer edge of the bagua mirror, is a Luoshu diagram with one symbol on each of the octagonal areas. There is generally a hook placed on the back to ensure hanging the mirror properly. Always hang a bagua mirror with the Chien trigram, the one with the three solid lines, at the top and the Kun trigram on the bottom. This placement allows the bagua to repel negative energy.

There are three designs of the bagua mirrors:

• Concave
  • Convex
  • Flat

Concave mirrors absorb the bad chi as their curve is inward towards the edge. Convex mirrors have an outward curve towards their edge reflecting away the negative and harmful chi. Using this type of mirror requires special care as improper placement may harm neighbors. A flat mirror is considered neutral.

The power of protection of a bagua mirror comes from the combination of everything it represents:

• Eight trigrams and their arrangement
  • Loushu diagram, also known as Luo River Writing
  • Fivefeng shui elements
  • Center mirror

Where to Place a Bagua Mirror

Manyfeng shui expertsbelieve the bagua mirror is the most misused tool in the practice of feng shui. They firmly believe these mirrors should never hang inside a home or office as doing so may result in disaster and harm. A bagua mirror is not a home decor item for decorative purposes.However, there are feng shui consultants and practitioners that modify this belief. They believe there are certain circumstances such as living in an apartment building where it is impossible to hang the bagua outside, that makes hanging it in a window facing out acceptable.

There are also some feng shui practitioners and consultants that say it is acceptable to hang bagua mirrors indoors. Most feng shui experts strongly disagree with this practice. Feng shui experts do agree that there may be very special circumstances, occurring less then 99% of the time, when bagua mirror placement inside is acceptable.

Hang the bagua mirror above the front door, centering it if possible. If this is not possible hanging it above the door and to the side is fine. Many practitioners hang a bagua mirrors at the front and back doors.

Three Kinds of Bagua Mirrors

The following is a brief description of the three kinds of bagua mirrors.

• The first style mirror has an octagon shaped wood back and measures between four and six inches in diameter. In the center is a two-inch round mirror.
  • The second style mirror has an octagon shape and is on a six inch wood frame. The mirror has a plate glass covering in the shape of an octagon. The cover has theyin yangand bagua symbols painted on the inside of the glass. This style bagua mirror is used indoors by people that feel this practice is acceptable in feng shui.
  • The third style mirror adds a symbol of a door guard under the mirror. The symbol is usually a god riding a tiger. The god holds a staff in one hand, keeping away evil and a plaque in the other hand telling the people of the house of their good fortune.

Where to Find Bagua Mirrors Online

The Internet has many excellent places that offer these powerful feng shui cures. The following is a sampling of these websites.

Conclusion

Practitioners of feng shui must understand the power of feng shui bagua mirrors and make certain they use them correctly.

5 years ago
794 posts

Thanks for the info, Josette.

Lavinia
@lavinia
5 years ago
212 posts

I have been getting a lot more sensitive as well in the last months, both emotionally and physically. Everything is more intense. But I'm also getting stronger and better equipped to deal with it...if that makes sense. It's like something is taking over me guiding me every step of the way and my intuition is through the roof. So it sort of compensates. I guess as we're getting closer to the end of a cycle, things change even more.

5 years ago
794 posts

I've been thinking for a while that if i'm so raw and sensitive to music coming from outside, it's only gonna get worse. But one good thing I can say is I will be moving away from this and going to where I can be in solitude and peace and quiet. But I agree, things will definitely change even more.

5 years ago
794 posts

Welcome to EC,

5 years ago
794 posts

That's very odd. I typed up a whole response, so much more than Welcome to EC. Anyway, you'll find that you aren't alone. There are many people just like you.

Lavinia
@lavinia
5 years ago
212 posts

Whatever you feel is best for you Jonny, Go with gut. It is never wrong.

Bless you!

Lavinia

5 years ago
794 posts

Hola, Ivonne,

I wouldn't imagine angels are singing in the most obnoxious music they can use to get their voices heard. I've been back there and saw this guy blaring his music. It's a combination of reggae, caribbean and calypso music. HOWEVER, sometimes when there was music playing nonstop, I would have the constant sound of how it sounded in my head and I did not know whether it was him playing it, me thinking I am hearing music, or white noise which could have been angels singing. I don't really know.

This sentence"i love my brother sooo much i see him like my superman his the best man in the entire world" , you heard that in your head? That is familiar to me, it's how I see my brother Wolf, he is great in my eyes and can do no wrong.

5 years ago
794 posts

Thanks Vini!

5 years ago
794 posts

Even though he is a squatter, I've paid attention to if he is homeless or if he is just there being a nuisance. He not only lives back there in a tent, but he's got a TV, sound system, grill, and he's illegally selling food, fresh fruits and grilled food he prepares. So he may be homeless, but not exactly destitute, just can't afford a home to live in. Whatever his case, he's shown me nothing but rudeness. I've been back there to ask him to turn down the sound only to see him clip his nails as I was speaking to him, walk over to the TV, pretend to turn it down and act like everything is okay now. The last time I went back there, he showed me so much disrespect telling me him turning down the music was not gonna happen this weekend.

Whatever his problem is, it is not the neighborhood's fault. So we shouldn't have to suffer from loud noise pollution because he can't do this indoors. If he showed me disrespect the way he did up front, I will not show him the courtesy of sitting down and talking with him. He has shown me twice he does not care that the music bothers me.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book