100 Pages!

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
5 years ago
794 posts

I will soon start my 100th page in my psychic journal which I started on Memorial Day, 2004. Who knew that at the time, I was onto something about myself, something I sensed about me which was different. I had dreams that came true, I felt other people's emotions, so I told myself to start a journal and I'm proud I've reached this milestone. 100 pages, almost 400 entries.

If you haven't done so, do so. Start a journal, document your experiences. As you keep writing, it will become a record of weird things that happened to you that you can access like a dictionary. Cross reference the time you had a vision about a dog with the year it happened, look up the entries from that year and you found the entry of that moment. Entry #216 in 2005. That easy.

If you are going to start one, make sure to number each entry and date it. Without those, it's just something that happened to you. With a number, you can say it was your 100th entry and with a date, you know when you entered your 100th entry. :) My journal is digital. I could easily have started it in black and white school book, but writing....blah. I'd rather type. If it's digital, make sure you save your file on a flash drive. You will be so sad if you lost all that data. TRUST ME!

100 pages and going strong!

Jonny

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 05/15/17 03:32:40AM
5 years ago
794 posts

No problem. Glad I could be inspirational. It really is a great thing to have.

5 years ago
794 posts

write in it any chance you get pertaining to something that happened.

Roxanne
@roxanne
5 years ago
1,562 posts

Wonderful...very inspiring!

KM
@km
5 years ago
90 posts

It is funny that you gave the example of... "a vision about a dog"...

As if you knew?!

5 years ago
794 posts

ooo what happened in your vision?

KM
@km
5 years ago
90 posts

ooo, very long story. Before I knew I was an empath, I had a very strange experience that involved a dog. I was getting a "mental" message while driving that I had to stop in at the local shelter. However, this was a feeling not of my own. I never before this experience or after felt like I had to have a dog. I had plenty of pets as a child, and believe me, all the responsibility always fell on me for the care of most of them. So, I was actually enjoying life without pets at this particular time in my life.

The message kept repeating each time, but only in a quiet way, as I drove by the shelter to a nearby shopping center. One extremely busy day, I drove by the shelter again, and got that message again!! With all the adrenalin that was rushing through me, I almost felt angry. I thought "what on Earth" is in there?

I felt that I simply had to go in there, to settle whatever I needed to do there. I expected my two year old boy and I to just stop in, see the animals and get out and be done with it. The child was getting tired from errands and did not particularly want to go. I promised a quick tour, an "in and out" sort of thing. He agreed.

As I got out of the car, I thought I had to be crazy as I have never been inside an animal shelter before. So, feeling pretty weird, I quickly decided on the way in that I would just ask if it was ok to have a look around. Is that what people do, I thought?? (As you can see, this was clearly not something I have contemplated doing).

On the way into the shelter, my little boy found a small object on the ground. We saw the animals and as a matter of conversation, I asked my son which of the dogs he liked best. I expected him to be fond of a bouncing puppy. He looked at the puppy and then he walked two cages back and said "that one" (pointing to an older dog). By this time the dog came up close and motioned with its paw that he wanted to open the door. I got the message loud and clear "I want to go home". I have no clue why but I said out loud "don't worry, we will come back for you". I don't make promises I don't keep, and I started to feel that we were being swept along this experience and just had to go with it. Yet, I kept thinking to myself that this is all so out of character for me. I was trying to think what my husband's reaction to all this will be. He is going to think I have gone mad! My husband even had some pet allergies. I felt really strange about the whole matter. I felt almost numb, like everything was happening very quickly but I felt that this was something that was supposed to happen. On the way out of the shelter, my little boy found two of the same objects we found on the way in. We looked at each other, and I said: If we end up getting that dog, we already have a name for it.

The strange thing was that when I first started receiving these messages, this particular dog could not have been in there yet. This dog was found without a collar with no information and had only been in the shelter 6 days. The voice in my head has been pestering me much longer than that. However, it got really strong and insistent that day. The rules said the shelter had to wait 8 days before she could go for adoption. The owner of the dog never showed up, so we got the dog (2 days later).

My husband had to pick up the dog, as I had another appointment. As he lead the dog out of the shelter he thought, how on earth will I put her in the car. Will she cooperate, will she bite? As he opened the door, the dog jumped right in and they went straight home.

We thought that this would be the strangest experience that we had with this animal, but things got even stranger. Through the years it was discovered that the animal suffered from the same disease that my husband and I and both of our kids had. In fact when doctors had a difficult time detecting what ailed the dog, I kept suggesting what I thought was wrong. We even had to switch doctors for her, because the doctors would not listen.

We had the dog for seven years and had some great adventures. It is difficult to tell who benefited more from this adoption, the family or the dog.

I continued to privately ponder how strange this whole experience was. A dog that never did the usual "dog" things like destroying anything. Instead it was simply an additional family member. All she wanted to do is be with us...and that she did!

I like to think that this was a family member (coming back), who I did not get to say "good bye" to before she died. In fact we lost one another before we could become the friends we should have been. Being somewhat new at this empath thing, I don't even know how ridiculous that sounds to some of you. All I know is that it helps me to think it so.

5 years ago
794 posts

Aw that's a very sweet story. I'm sure she felt much like an addition to the family than a pet. And you never know, it might have been a family member coming back. There are no coincidences, things happen for a reason. I think all that happened for a reason, just so you and your family could experience life with her, for however short it a time it was. :)

I recently bought a rabbit on July 5th. My last pet/rabbit died in 2000 and I really loved him and when he died, I closed myself off to love again, to anyone, not just an animal. I never let myself get close. Over the years, the lonesomeness and the need for companionship grew overwhelmingly strong so I made the quick decision to get a rabbit to fill the void that I have, and the last part of your story reminded me of this occasion because when I bought him, I said he is automatically loved, he isn't a replacement for my last pet, but an addition to my family and my heart and that he is. :) Thank you for sharing you story.

Jonny

KM
@km
5 years ago
90 posts

Another co-incidence...I got the dog in 2000.

Have fun with the rabbit!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book