Happy new year, everyone

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
5 years ago
794 posts

I wanted to start off by wishing everyone a very happy new year and by asking something that has been plaguing me for a very long time.

We empaths have a superb memory for "things", whether they be small things, big things, or microscopic things. For me, being able to remember a lot of what I experience in life makes living so agonizing, especially if I tend to remember a lot of the bad things that people gloss over at times.

Its like a constant replay in my head that never ends no matter what I do to distract myself. I replay events that hurt me and its a pain trying to forget it all. How can I move on and be happy when I have such random thoughts popping into my head all the time?

I'd rather not think of the friendship that ended horribly 3 years ago or that time I stepped on someone's foot causing them a moment of pain. Random things like that that I should have moved on from, but it's forever stuck with me. What are your experiences and how do you forget about it?

Thanks

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 01/12/17 06:53:54AM
Brittney
@brittney
5 years ago
18 posts

Happy new year, Jonny! =)

I'm hoping that this year can be filled with happiness and adventure for everyone.

I think I understand what you mean. I have a lot of bad memories surface all the time from little reminders here and there. The best I can say is that when it happens to me, I accept the feelings and do my best to pin point where and why they're happening and then let it go. I've heard that it's supposed to be your heart chakra clearing past karmic stuff so you can ascend higher, but that's just what little research I've gotten to. It may also help to ask Archangel Michael to do a cord cutting. I do them regularly since the strong ties can take some time to break.

I hope this has helped in some way, and if you have any questions I'll do what I can to answer them or at least find a direction to look. =))

Love and Light,

Brittney.

5 years ago
794 posts

Thank you Brittney. I will ask ArchAngel Michael for some cord cutting assistance. I do feel I have an attachment to the many random moments that pop into memory. I would love more than anything to move on from such things. One thing that bothers me, even if it wasn't intended, is when I cause someone pain. I remember one time, like I mentioned, I had accidentally stepped one a guy's foot and that moment stayed with me for months and thats all I could think about. Him? He probably forgot that ever happened to him that day, but the emotion is with me forever.

Thank you for your help Brittney,

Jonny

5 years ago
794 posts

I will try asking my higher power for forgiveness and also asking to forgive myself. That is a problem I have as well, if something wasn't intended as harmful, the moment stays with me and I can't move on from it because in a way I haven't forgiven myself.

Thanks for the help lisa,

Jonny

Roxanne
@roxanne
5 years ago
1,562 posts

Johnny, the things that haunt me the most are the things I have not yet resolved within myself. In examining this side of my nature I go into quiet *internal focusing* session. During a focus session you listen to your body...not your mind. You concentrate solely on where pain or discomfort exists. You do nothing else. But as you practice this technique you may be surprised to see how many *answers* rise to the surface of your consciousness while you are focusing on your physical state.

What I find more times than not is that the grudges I hold onto are ego based, and so they haunt me because my ego clings to them looking for resolution where there will be none. So it's up to me to expell these little nagging memories.How do you do that. Well first you have to resolve NOT to let your ego run your life. (Not saying you are, just sharing my own reflections and self examinations). Also,

I COMPLETELY agree with the others as well. Self forgiveness can be hard to master. I always try to break through habitual thinking by imagining that a child I love *my daughter for instance* did the same thing I keep beating myself up over -- could I forgive my daughter?? Of course. And wouldn't you do anything to teach a child that you love that dwelling on things we can't *undo* is wasting LIFE.

so why are we always so much harder on our own inner child.Why when we can be so kind to others are we so hard on ourselves.

Self forgiveness and attention to *ego gone wild* has always been my first approach to self healing.I am sorry about the painful loss of a friendships. That is a grief that takes time to move on from. Deaths of friendships can be akin to the death of a loved one. The loss is very painful and must be acknowledged. But don't let it impact your self esteem. It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. (That's another thing we tend to do to ourselves. When friendships or relationships go bad we try to figure out *what we did wrong*. Sometimes we didn't do ANYTHING wrong. It just didn't work out. Look forward to the next opportunity, who knows you may meet someone who totally *gets* you. It can happen. And while you're waiting just keep doing beautiful things for people. It keeps you from getting stuck in your own head.

I wish you well!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book