Would empathic energies create a "look"?

To post a reply, login or signup

onetrubeliever
@onetrubeliever
6 years ago
136 posts
I wonder if this has anything to do with being an empath. Since my twenties, people assumed I was a nurse. I still get that, and I'm in my 50's. They're surprised when I say no. Would my caring and gentle nature, my energies, cause people to think that? Some assume I'm a teacher, too. I have noticed that sometimes someone just looks like a baseball player, or a teacher, or whatever. I never had any inclination toward nursing. I would have very much liked to have been an elementary teacher, but oh well.
updated by @onetrubeliever: 05/08/17 04:46:25PM
onetrubeliever
@onetrubeliever
6 years ago
136 posts
I hear that too after having known someone awhile. The nurse thing is just strange - it's complete strangers asking me this. I agree, too, that we should be who we are and not what society thinks we should be. I've always told my kids to be true to themselves. I am a wife and a mom above all else. That's what I was born to do.
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts
People used to always appraoch me in stores as if I was a clerk and could help them.Didn't matter what I was wearing. I used to work in construction, and my clothes were covered in silicone, I looked like a painter & someone still approached me as if I worked there! Once she looked at my clothes she was kind of embarassed when she realized her mistake, poor thing. I told her it happens to me all the time. I never got nurse or teacher though!
onetrubeliever
@onetrubeliever
6 years ago
136 posts
For some reason people always tell me their life stories too. At the doctors office, waiting in line at the store, at work, you name it. That fits with the emotionally safe thing, I guess. It seems odd to have the earmarks of being an empath and not know anything about empaths. Well, I'm aware now! It's gratifying to know that I'm not the only one.
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts
I used to get that one too all the time!! Funny thing is, I think my looks are kinda distinctive, so it's got to be an energy thing.
Brittney
@brittney
6 years ago
18 posts

I've had people assume I was in the health care field because of how caring I am. Though I do have my CNA, I got this before that. Also, many people aren't the least bit surprised when I tell them I want to get my RN. =)) A lot of people assume I have kids, too because I'm good with them...but not yet. I'm just a natural momma I suppose (feel born to do it, too), and can't wait for my turn. =))

I've also always been the "group mom" and the "go to" person for any advice with my friends since I was 13. So for the last 10 yrs. I've always had the urge to care for anyone I'm close to. Thus a calling for nursing. =))

onetrubeliever
@onetrubeliever
5 years ago
136 posts

Hehehe. It happened again. This time it was the intake nurse at my Mom's pain doc. She was positive I was in nursing. This is still so puzzling to me. Oh well. I am convinced it is energy or aura or something within me that gives folks that impression. I missed my true calling I guess.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book