What do you do when...

To post a reply, login or signup

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

you realize that everything you saw and felt in some people ( on empathic and non empathic terms) is not real? Can you still consider yourself an empath? Or is it just a matter of bad reading and refusing to see the bad side of people that is staring you right in the face?

I have been very disappointed by "friends" and people I've known for years, all recently, all within this last year. And I'm talking radical changes in them, in their attitude, in everything they were before. Most recently was a guy who I've known for years who I always felt I had a strong bond with, who I loved and thought he did too, who I felt had a very good soul and...it turns out he's none of the things i thought he was, there were never any feelings at all and all of it was in my head. But I felt something in him, I saw his soul just lke I saw it in all of the others that changed in the last year.

So now I'm in a state of shock, not understanding what happened? not knowing what it was that I saw in those people, reconsidering my abilities in reading people, wondering if I'm an empath at all and even considering just being plain crazy.

I'm doubting God too as well, like I've never done before. I know it's not right to blame him but I can't understand why he didn;t warm me when I asked him for help and why he even pushed me to these people when I asked what to do. Why he said it would be ok and that I'm right in what I see. Maybe I was never "talking" to him...?

Please, if there's anyone that can explain this to me, or anyone that has gone through the same thing or similar...I would really appreciate some help. I'm at the bottom of the dark hole ( again!) and this time I'm wondering what , if any, is the point of coming out.

thanks for anyone who took the time to read!

Bless you!

updated by @lavinia: 01/14/17 07:38:13PM
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Thank you Kiote! Love is blind, very blind in my case and I sure hope God had a good reason for pushing me towards some people. I'm still working to find out what my lesson is.

Bless you! LOVE!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

It seems like you were right, I got pulled out of the dark hole very quickly. I guess He hasn't abandoned me yet. Once more He is proving he's always there to help ( even when I don't ask). Sometimes I just wish I coud have a break from all the trails...just once in a while.

Thanks so much for the insight Faith Spirit Love!

Blessings!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I suppose I had to learn my lesson too on reading people the wrong way. It was my first experience of the kind, but I guess in the long run it has it's benefits. We''re not always right. And yes, the more I think about it the more I see the little red flags that you're talking about , flags that I ignored.

Over the past few days I've been trying to make sense of all of this and trying to find my balance again and all the things that you and others said have helped me a lot. And you are so right. I did let my emotions get in the way ( I'm a newly found empath and it's a skill I have to work on, learning how to differentiate, that is) and I did second guess myself and my faith. I'm starting to see clearly now and I have you to thank for that. :)

And God! I may not always understand why he does certain things ( or maybe it's not even him, maybe it's me and my fee will he gave to me) but he sure is always there to catch me when I fall and I am so grateful for that.

Thank you again for your insight and help!

God bless you!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

You're describing exactly how I feel. And after reading what you posted I started thinking about how he treated others too. The truth is I didn't see him treating others badly many times but there have been many people that told me " how can you be with him? how can you love him like that?"; and the truth is, he wasn't like that with me; or maybe he was sometimes, in small portions, there where red flags now that I think of it, I just chose to ignore them. Until now when they where impossible to ignore. You helped me open my eyes even more but mentioning that. Cause I thought about it since you posted and it has helped me a lot.

I know ( and hope) I will come out of this stronger. And what you and the others said has helped me lot. So I thank you very much for the insight and great advice!

Love and blessings!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Luna your words have been so helpful in learning and understanding this situation, I can't thank you enough. I went to see him after posting here and reading your responses and I realized just what you said, among other things. Since finding out about being and empath and how to cope , I learned to make the difference between certain things and I'm still learning. Finding new things about me. And I was surprised to see I was still seeing him that way but also seeing more clearly the difference between his soul and his "armor" like you said, and seeing how much he identified himself with it. I also learned to react to people and situations based on the reality of what they do and say rather than on the potential of their soul that I see in them. That is what I did all my life and I see how much that can hurt me. It was even more clear in his case because with other people sometimes they lived up to their potential.

This has been a valuable lesson for me since I know now in practice rather then theory that all people have free will and choose what and who they wanna be and I have to accept that for what it is and not interfere with their freedom to do so, unless asked.

Thank you again so much!

God bless you Luna!

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Life Path, your words have really helped me not to drown into the trap of self hate and self doubt. I am still doubting some stuff but mainly I trust myself to be strong enough to get through this and wise enough to tell when i am wrong. Surprisingly, after getting over the first few days, now it's not as bad as I thought it would be. And that is thanks to God ( ! who I though had left me) who is holding me through this and thanks to you guys with everything you said. It has all helped me more than you can imagine.

It's still dealing with the pain of it all but I'm trying to take it one day at a time and hope that one day it will pass.

I'll try to be gentle on myself and not beat myself up for being so foolish; it's not easy, but at least I'm doing the bast I can.

Thank you so much for all your kind words and thank God for sending you back to EC to answer :D

God bless you Life Path!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book