To Kill or not to Kill???

To post a reply, login or signup

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

OK this is soo crazy but ever since i lost my selfish view about how only humans have a consciousness (well i didnt think animals didnt have a conscious i jus never took it into concideration or thought about it) well anyway so ever since i woke up to the fact that animals all think and have purposeful thoughtful lives jus like we do ive been on this "dont kill any living thing"....thing and its been goin great!! havnt killed a bug in months buttt as i have decided not to kill bugs they are now completely invading my space lol ive got webs growin in corners, flys hoggin the lamps and termites chewing the wood. Im like mann idk wat to do cuz i know that they're lives are all valuable and important jus like any other being on this planet but im being invaded here!! (yaaa i know sounds gross but if u stopped killin insects ud see this too) anyway i cant keep living like this but im so torn on wat to do..i dont want to hurt em cuz they have lives and bug families and stuff too but Geezee i have to live here ya knoww lol I really do care about all living things but....

Is this no killin insects thing wishful thinking, or do i needa start crushin some bugs??? Im soo weirdly torn!! any Advice or opinions peeps??? O.O

updated by @the-lioness-q: 05/07/17 08:54:57PM
Zeca
@zeca
6 years ago
116 posts
I try not to hurt anything in it's environment, which is outside, except mosquitoes when they land on me. I don't use pesticides. When they come into my environment, it's a matter of what is possible to live with. I don't mind a few little spiders here and there. Big ones have to go. If I can't catch them because they are too fast and they look scary, I will kill them. I will try to catch most spiders. I have kill a scorpion. A few flies don't bother me. A bunch and we get out the swatter. We do have to spray the outside perimeter of our house for wood ants, they were trying to move in, so I guess we do use just that one thing. It is not sprayed in their home, just as a blockade so they won't cross onto the house I think you need to deal with termites too. We have ant piles and more are built every year, but those ants mostly mind their own business. We all need our space. The ant is not going to think twice about how the caterpillar feels being eaten alive. That is just the reality of this planet. Life and death. Just do your best.
Zeca
@zeca
6 years ago
116 posts

Also I try to encourage bees and wasps outside, taking the time to open windows, screens, coaxing them to the door.

I once was throwing boxes in a fire as a teen and was mean and knew an ant was in one of the boxes. I threw it in, and the little thing scurried with such frantic speed, back and forth trying to escape his doom, and seeing this I was instantly so so sorry, but could not then get the box out of the fire to save him. I still live with that guilt. Every ant on my property has that ant to thank, I think, for it's comfortable and reasonably safe home. The only exception is fire ants when I lived in Alabama. They crawled up my little boy's pants, up the inside, biting him along the way. That was the end of that hive. It was too close and too dangerous.

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Ahh mann i woulda felt the same wayy seeing poor little ant in there, that woulda really made me think too like about how the bugs all feel things too, and yea i think about that sometimes when im faced with a bug i think about the circle of life and how it works but i still dont really want hurt but i think i have to find sometype of balance or somthin....

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Lmaooo thats great lol Vampire Mosquitos never thought of em like that but it makes soo much sense to see them that way now like mini Draculas hehe

andd hmmm yes i like this Prayer technique ;) ill have to give that a try next time im being attacked by some random killer bug lol

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Ahh yess Balance thats wat i need i was thinking maybe if a bug like rushes at me i should maybe take em out.. I mean call me crazyy(again lol) but i seem to see some suicidal bugs O.O ...its like they want to die. I remember i was in my room once and i saw one of thoes hugee bugs that look like little eyelashes and i specifiaclly communicated to him too stay away from me and he would not be harmed!! and this little guy jus decided to run straight to me after i told him to back off I said if u come any closer will have to kill u and he did!!! so i mashed his little ass lol i didnt like it but he came right at me after i told him wat would happen..

And yea i know about plants too they think almost as much as we do if not more!! Yes that balance is wat i have to take into concideration, i think maybe bugs can feel over populated too jus from little things i notice about them so maybe balance and death of bugs can be attained lol

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Ahh thank you soo much forr the video this was very Enlightening :) And yup Melanie i think this is about that balance thing ur sooo right!! Yeaa learning is somethin that in universal so it def makes sense that bugs would be learning too!

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Yaa flys are great and easyy to chat with they tottaly get it!!

And yea except my mood is alwayss spear the bugs!!! poor little insects!!! lol

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts
Yea ur right even the other day i saw a termite and i froze up didnt know wat to do cuz i didnt want to kill him so i put a bottle top on him, ya know to keep him there till i could move him, then when i picked up the bottle top i realized he had gotten squished on one of the edges i was soo bummed out. It dam near broke my heart to see him like that :'( but u are right about that they can be a problem who knows wat tasty wooden treats they've already consumed lol i swear i saw one on a book cover the other day too so i guess i am gonna have to do somethin soon. I jus wish there was another way ya know like some kind of plant or herb repellant thing i could leave around and they'd just go from that or somthing. butt i guess all i can really do is buy a treatment and do that little preyer for them Enigma talked about lol
Zeca
@zeca
6 years ago
116 posts
Yeah, I've done that with the accidental squishing. I am so very careful about the spiders legs when catching them, cause I think out in the wild, they need to be whole. Like imagining trying to survive in wild the without my thumbs or something.
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Yea i can feel the warm feelings from the bugs i have speared they have a much more positive energy towards me especially if its a bug that ive speared and seen a second time..its like they remember me too and are thanking me for not being a mean human killer!!

I believe plants are the same way too i ask before i pick stuff from them now. Like when i went to the park and a tree gave me a fruit bud its like i could feel him askin me to take it as a gift to remember him by :D he was a really nice tree and i will remember his tree spirit for all time!!

Hmm yea i see wat u mean about the weeds i guess some spirits(i think thats wat u can call it) are put in places they deserve to be and go through things that are meant for them to experience bugs, plants, etc, and humans alike. Thank you for this response it helped a bunch too :D

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Ahhh lmaoo o yeaa i didnt even notice that Geezee im supposed to be all smart and stuff yet im still such a terribleeee speller xD

Thanks for spottin that blunder Kaleb, im pretty sure i put 'spear' instead of 'spare' in a bunch more responses too, o well lol and yup flys are awesome they are alot more 'knowing' than we all think ;)

~*Q*~

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts
Yup thats the way, i did that today infact, well let me first say i wouldnt kill an ant ive always been veryy fond of them since i was a little girl, but anyway so today this little ant fell on my arm and he immediately started biting the crap outta me it didnt hurt that much so i told him little ant please stop biting me, please stop biting me, at first he popped his little head up and started wingin it all crazyy seemed like he was saying "ahhh wat is that! wats that sound in my headd!!" then he jus went back to biting me lol but i didnt kill him though instead i blew him off my arm and kept it moving. It seemed like he was confused as to wat he had landed on in the first place so no real harm done and i felt good that i got him off me rather than squishing him for ant stabbing me lol :)
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

Ahh thanks soo much thoes are some great alternatives to harmful chemicals! and well that little ant i met was outside near some trees i hang around but im sure that could work for other types of little insect invaders too..anything that helps to save a life :) I like that vinegar idea also, wouldn't have thought of that one but it makes soo much sense now!

Thanks for these great tips!!

Also it was wonderful chattin with you too!!! U are a funny one! hehe xD

~*Q*~

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts

O no thats perfectly fine we are here to gain understanding after all and i didnt see any reason why that was argumentative at all :D in fact it was jus wat i believe i needed to hear, i feel compassion for these creatures but i also thought of the circle of life in the back of my mind. I was torn in that way, knowing that death is a part of life but also not wanting to cause their lives to end on account of my own personal discomfort. I see the cycle of insects and noticed how they function (ud be amazed at wat people could find out if only they paid attention) anyway i sometimes would see a bug and had killed it and soon would see one or two smaller insects of the same kind going to the place where the larger and older insect had been killed. Myself knowing that there had not been any of that kind of bug in that spot untill that one had been killed theorized that they went in search of him. or this is the conclusion i came to based on the age of the insects in question and the conditions that the other ones appeared.Its like they cared for him and wondered where he went. I have this uncanning ability for attention to detail so i notice things like this. i have seen more things like this which to me prove they do in fact have some qualities that are human like. Not to also mention i am animal empath in part and can feel the emotions of these bugs. in fact i have two spiders that sit outside my window and instead of killing them and removing they're small cocoon i decided to let them be, now when i look at them i can feel gratitude and can sense they're small words of thanks and appreciation.

I do think about the circle of life how ever and u are correct i feel it must be preserved and ur home should be ur home and safe and comfortable for u to dwell within. I think for me now it is only fair i give some of these little invaders a fair warning of my intentions then act as needed. If they then choose to disregard my plea then maybe their lives will go back to mother Gaia which is ok because they will only return anew someplace else!!. and i will still say my little prayer for them anyway too :D

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
6 years ago
126 posts
Thank you for this information charlotte it is very enlightening and helpful :)
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
5 years ago
126 posts

Hey Guys i have found some leveled ground on my bug scapades... Meet: The BUg Vacuum!!!

This handheld cordless vacuum has a telescoping nozzle that lets one capture bugs without getting too close to them. Flies, bees, spiders, and other insects are suctioned by a 22,400-rpm motor, sending the bug through a one-way trap door in the extension tube. An electric grid in the unit's handle stuns the pest without the use of toxic chemicals or vacuum bags that can serve as breeding grounds. The extension tube removes so that stunned bugs can be dumped outdoors, shutting off the electric grid in the process to protect curious fingers from electrical shocks or burns. The lightweight plastic design allows complete control while pursuing unwanted pests and the flexible suction cup compresses to fit in tight corners. Included charging stand plugs into AC; a red LED on the unit indicates battery life. 23 1/2-29" L x 5" W x 5" H. (2 1/4 lbs.)

Well it claims to not kill them but it still zaps them which is okkkk buttt for tiny bugs it might be too strong for them so i might still shop around some :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book