Upset Empath

aj86
@aj86
4 weeks ago
28 posts

I think my friend who is an empath is upset with me (via text) over a response to a text from her last night. How should I address this?

So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
4 weeks ago
58 posts
The biggest problem with texts is you lose the human connection. You can't always tell context from words or what the other person means. There is no body language to understand the way the text was perceived.
If I were you I would ask how they are, if they are upset they will let you know, if they don't bring it up I would just let it drop. Now is you still think that there is more and you can't shake the upset feeling ask them if they understood what you meant by the text. It is always better to ask this question in person or at least over the phone so you can hear the contexts in the phone, only text if the other options are not available. Depending upon the answer depends upon if you need to explain it better or drop it.
Hopefully this helps.
aj86
@aj86
4 weeks ago
28 posts
Well we are talking again. Nothing has been said about the situation at which I'm confident upset her. We have spoken about several other things today just not that situation. I'm going to assume she a little better now. She does often say that she doesn't think she could make it through many of the daily without me around. I think she might feel the relief she feels around me is worth more than bringing up the other situation (not that it was a big deal to begin with) but maybe it's bigger to her and has more meaning since she is an empath.
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
4 weeks ago
58 posts
Who knows, each and every person is unique and different in their own special way. I have this soulmate who is a close friend. Last fall she started to abuse the friendship and was using the key to my place to come in when I wasn't home and take my pain killers, as time went on she got more bold and started to take them when she was over to visit. At the start one or two at a time to begin with but as we got to Christmas season she was addicted and had taken half my months supply. I never did confront her however I did confirm that it was her taking them and I got a high quality lock box and I ended up taking a break from the friendship. In August I reconnected with her yet she has already broken my trust again with crystals I have. I realize that I have to let this friendship go but it is hard and it took me a long time to think it fully through.
Now I am not saying your friend is going to break the friendship but if like me it takes a while for me to think about things and to decide how it effects me, most people will never realized that I am taking this time to figure out how it all effects me because as an empath I have to sort out my emotions from the other person's emotions. There is only the one person who I will let know how much their words and actions effect me because of our connection he can feel my emotions also. I will never bring up an issue if time has gone by as what is the point.
What has your friend done in the past? As an empath they may not want to bring up the issue as they already know that you are sorry and it is something that you are truly sorry for.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
1,059 posts

In my experience most empaths are easily offended (from having a sensitive personality). And we're moody from dealing with 24/7 energy reception from others. So it's pretty easy to offend an empath most days. But I would say most don't hold drudges and are forgiving types. You may want to bring this up with her now that she's less upset. See if you can address it, exchange ideas, and move on.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Store

• empath book

Become a Supporter!

Chip in for our monthly hosting fees

$7

Goal: $39