Connecting with an Empath

aj86
@aj86
one month ago
28 posts

I have a close friend who is an empath. She seems to be very sensitive to energies. There are times she gets so overwhelmed and upset about someone that is negative or an event that has happened negatively. We text daily a lot. Sometimes when it's really bad she calls me upset. She says that my voice calms her. She says all she has to do is hear my voice and she feels instant relief. She has told me that I am her "Rock" and tell people I'm her bestfriend. Is there a specific meaning and empath would mean by that? I do everything I am able to help her through every day. At times, I wonder if I do too much. Maybe not. I always make sure she has ate something since she often forgets. We have lunch together often as well. We talk a lot, many times she needs to let out stuff to me and at times ends up in tears.

What things can I say and do to help ease the pain she feels. Sometimes I can feel her pain from across the room when things are so hard on her. I hate seeing her in those situations but still want to take her pain away. What can I do for her in these situations?

Thanks

updated by @aj86: 10/17/19 09:25:37PM
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
1,046 posts
Hi...what she means by you being her rock, is that you ground her...your voice brings her out of the emotions she's experiencing, brings her back to herself. It sounds as if she hadn't learned how to remove herself from the overload. You can't do that for her. She needs to learn how to manage her own energy so if you are not there then she can take care of herself. Encourage her to join us here and learn what she can do to help herself more. That's all you can do for her. You're doing everything fine at this point. 🙂
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
1,046 posts
To nme it sounds as if she has an injury in her energy field. She needs to learn how to deal with those kind of issues. I too have an injury. I've closed most of them...but on still is causing me issues...it makes everything I'm sensing more extreme and it hurts. It sounds as if she may have the same issue.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Store

• empath book

Become a Supporter!

Chip in for our monthly hosting fees

$7

Goal: $39