Feeling emotional energy through movies, media, etc

Snap
Snap
@snap
3 months ago
109 posts

Hi. I'm wondering whether anyone knows (in themselves) that they can actually feel others' emotional energy through watching movies, media, etc.

Obviously empaths, including me, are affected more by a lot in the movies and so forth. I'm quite discerning about what I watch, nowadays, steering right away from violence and even very stressful content (e.g. 'thrillers').

I've been reading stuff on remote viewing, and I know a fair bit about research on remote viewing. Suffice to say it's clearly real.

I wonder whether empaths can remotely sense emotional energy from the past by watching movies, media and so forth. I feel in myself that I do this and I need to be aware of it. Obviously, actors feel real and often strong emotions when they portray characters. Various actors have talked about this. And obviously movies and media affect empaths. Is this at least partly because we sense these real emotions? I'm sure many here are like me--physical distance makes no difference to sensing another's emotions/energy. I regularly sense the emotions and energy of someone I'm on the phone with (and often I'd rather not!). Could we similarly sense emotions and energy distant in location and time?

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

updated by @snap: 06/10/19 08:34:54PM
Snap
Snap
@snap
3 months ago
109 posts

Well, an example is watching Interstellar. Whatever you think of it as a movie, I think McConaughey is genuinely feeling strong emotion, particularly in relation to his bond with his daughter. And I am confident I can feel the powerful emotions he felt when he played the role. Another example is people on media who are tense or 'angry'. When I listen to them I often seem to feel what they felt at the time they were talking. Like you say I pick up the thought processes, more than just following them, my own thoughts seem to track like theirs do (if I'm not careful). Nowadays I tend to switch such things off.

Not quite sure what your'e saying about music, but I'll say this. I am a hobbyist songwriter. I personally feel that music is essentially channeled, for want of a better word. I put a lot into the way I write songs, it has my personal stamp. However, I think music is inherently spiritual and its source is beyond "me". And I think that when you listen to music by someone else, you can connect with the source of the music.

Remote viewers see a distant location. However, research by Dean Radin suggests remote viewing can work across time. Remote viewers have seen things not as they are, but as they were at a past time.

I am pretty sure that, as an empah, I can remote sense energy. And what's more I think it's much 'easier' when you can see and hear a person, such as in a movie or on a media show.

updated by @snap: 05/19/19 08:16:23PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
1,031 posts

@snap :

As I have progressed over the years as an empath, I find it harder to watch emotional movies. I get all teared up. Sometimes it's my identifying with the character in empathy. And other times the emotions of people in a movie theater can really get me.

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
3 months ago
17 posts

I tend to watch movies/shows with grit, and often violence.  I'm always writhing and wincing when I see things on TV.  The movie Misery I thought was magnificent, I could feel everything, it should be my least favorite film, but it's so well done I could taste the emotion in the room. I play violent vid games more than watching TV and some of those have the same effect of pulling one in.  Difficult emotional moments on film do get me, as opposed to before, but also the positive things too.  Just as I feel the soul crushing cringe of a neck shot (Dexter) I can feel the warm fuzzy glow of sitting on the deck in the sun grilling meats and listening to nature.  When I see someone riding motorcycle on film I can feel the road and the bike just by watching.

I used to love horror movies, most of them are poorly done so that they really elicit no emotional response outside laughter. A good horror movie is something that should be treated carefully, a few that are so well done can be quite difficult to watch.  Recently I watched a few episodes of Drawn Together and I laughed so hard I felt great for the rest of the day, and my sides still hurt from laughing so hard.  Emotion through film is definitely real, and the good news is it seems to be a double edged sword, it can work with just as against.  There are a few choice actors/actresses that are really that good. I think some of them actually put themselves in unpleasant places to get and stay in character to deliver performances that do reach us as described.

updated by @tonyrn: 05/21/19 07:17:54AM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 months ago
496 posts
@tonyrn

Yes I am the same way with movies. If I'm in a theater I wonder sometimes if I'm crying because everyone else or jumping in my seat in a horror from others. At home, I will cry, or even laugh at a horror like you said.

The news is my biggest problem and I do not watch it.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book