Am I an Empath? how definitive are the online tests?

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
2 weeks ago
8 posts

Over the years I have occasionally had someone tell me that I'm an Empath, usually someone I only knew in passing if at all.  Recently someone I respect told me that she is an Empath and that I probably am too.  I promised to research it and I did, found some online tests/screening tools and tried those out.  They were so easy to take as the answers were pretty definite, if I'm to believe any of these tests and information about traits of an Empath, then am indeed a flaming Empath. 

It would explain my blistering social ineptitude, it's bad enough to make friends and career a real challenge sometimes/quite often.  Some days I just cant bear the idea of being around people at all.  Without recapping all the material I have read I can say that it matches me to about 95%.  I have never experienced any connection to someone distant as some others have claimed.  Everything else seems about spot on.  The BS meter is the true gift, but so far the rest of it seem to be more of a curse in day to day life.  I was mostly holding it together before, but an onset of Fibromyalgia seems to be exacerbating every aspect of this already tricky "gift". It's been much easier since I have learned to trust my gut and stop ignoring red flags.  I've also had to make some serious adjustment to my expectations of people in general.

Is there any other way to interpret all this above data that I used to self-diagnose being an Empath?

There is no way to switch it off, is there?

I hope to learn from others here, seems like the pieces are starting to fall together, like finally I can make some sense of why I am so damn different. I'm not enough of a people person for this to be a good thing, or so it looks from here.

Thanks for enduring my rant-clad questions, I thought I had some serious stuff wrong with me for many years, but this really could make so many things easier to understand.

TIA.

michelle
@michelle
one week ago
144 posts

@tonyrn Hello and welcome to the EC! Be patient; others will be here to greet you....I have more time on my hands than most. Thank you for your opening post.

I've never bothered with online checklists of 'are you an empath." I've always understood that I knew what people were feeling or experiencing, from a very young age. So, the concept of being confused about it is foreign to me.

There was no internet for info and people didn't talk much about such things. The only place I heard the word empath was in a 3rd season episode of the original Star Trek series, in 1968, titled, "The Empath!"

I am also more extroverted than most empaths...some of that comes from how I grew up: large family, moved about every 2 years and parents who welcome all our friends in our home. But I also think that it is ingrained in my personality. However, as much as I liked people, I needed downtime away from others which I refered to as detoxing myself from them.

I'm not saying it was always easy being an empath; I felt their distress in my body and was easily hurt by what I sometimes picked up.

The one thing that was constant was that I saw the gift as one of service. People familiar and unfamilar sought me out to listen and I was ready to sooth or help others in distress. Plus it was an edge I had in understanding others and what motivated them. When you know what they are feeling or that they are hurting, you are able to be less judgemental of behavior that would leave non-empaths confused.

Empaths are healers at an energetic level although most that I helped probably just thought I was being kind. The bs meter is true as I would feel quite comfortable calling some out and I get mixed reactions to this. One would call this mirroring truth to others. It depends on how open they are. A closed mind can be very defensive.

Fibromyalgia and similar syndromes appear to be common to many empaths. I think this comes from taking too much of others' engery on. Plus I believe we are very sensitive to the outside environment of the collective conciousnes, the earth herself, all creatures non-human and such. Learning to ground yourself and energy medicine is most useful to empaths. Other members here all have their favorite methods and will be willing to share those with you.

Alot of empaths have other psy abilities but if you don't that's fine, the empath gift is much to handle.

My best advice is to be gentle with yourself and if you feel out of sort with feelings and thoughts question if these are really yours. 'Know thy self!" is an axiom empaths should hold dear to themselves.

updated by @michelle: 04/12/19 05:59:25AM
michelle
@michelle
one week ago
144 posts
@tonyrn

I would be remiss to not mention that Elise has a section: Free Resources for Impaired Empaths. Go to the menu link, top your left corner and hit, Help link. She also offers other services.
TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
one week ago
8 posts

I want to thank you for the responses. I do seem to fit into the dysfunctional part of the spectrum in spite of some coping mechanisms I have sorted out. Most of how I cope is avoidance, and it works. I have been and continue to read up on survival and coping techniques. If I may be honest I'm pretty skeptical but for lack of any other explanation I am going forward. I may no longer claim to have an open mind if I exercise contempt prior to investigation. 

The whole concept of "Empath" makes the most sense in the absence of any other explanation.  Besides I know that dogs are empathic, so why not some people. I would be uncomfortable if I had to argue this in court, but I am convinced that there is something to it and it probably fits me.

I'm still not entirely sure why I'm here, not sure what my goals are. I'm happy as an introvert and living remotely, so not in any hurry to change that. Perhaps I'm curious how this could be a gift, perhaps It's self-discovery, I can use knowledge to make myself a better, more functional person. Maybe this understanding will make me better able to help others.  It's mighty confusing to not like people and feel a compulsion to help some of them at the same time.  Looks like I probably have a lot of stuff to sort through.

Thank you for taking the time to shed some light on this. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
one week ago
175 posts

I'll explain my experience. Lets see if you relate:

As a kid I thought everything was normal. I grew up in a tough neighborhood. We did a lot of fighting. I fought differently than most. I would stop when I saw the panic in their eyes. this was my first clue. I had invisible friends, not imaginary. People thought me quirky for it. I knew when people were lying. Even we no else did. Clue 2. I had issues being around people and would spend my free time alone mostly fishing and being out in nature. As a teen I would hang out with narc type kids that drew me in. In my late teens I started acting more like an empath. I had many parties at my apartment. We had the cops called on us a few times. I loved having so many friends, but at times I had to hide in the bedroom closet to get away. I was getting overwhelmed. Clue 3. At 21 I was watching Star Trek and identified with Deanna Troy, but simply thought this can't be a true thing. It was science fiction, not science fact. I keep this idea in the back of my mind for a while. When Curt Cobain died I talked to people about him being an empath and actually said out loud that I could be as well. Still I didn't want to believe it. I was in a punk band and did not like being on stage. I didn't want to be the front man even though I sang and wrote the songs. It didn't go anywhere because I couldn't deal anymore. I withdrew from the world and ran off to mexico. The idea was to find a cave and live there for the rest of my life. This was a dream I had to live alone and stop being this social person anymore. I came back to the states with a girl I met there and married her. We lived in a small town where she grew up and I did ok there. We stayed for close to 20 years. The town thought I was strange because I kept to myself. At about 30 I actually looked up the word empath on a search engine and was hit with all this information that explained so much. I knew at this point it was real. I couldn't deny it anymore, yet I still doubted it. There were things that happened that I couldn't explain any other way that convinced me. At that time I began practicing defence techniques(shielding, grounding) and was becoming more social again. I felt I had more of a handle on what was happening. It's not an easy journey. It was this curse for so long that I hated it. It wasn't until I fully accepted it that I started to heal. It's like a disability that you have to plan your day around. I didn't want to think about it. I wanted to be "normal".

I now fully accept it and function extremely well. I have 100's of friends. I still suffer through life. I still need my alone time. There are things I simply can't do because I'm Empath. I'm not normal, and I don't care. I like what I am because of what I can do. My perception of the spirit world has been heightened and I have "psychic" skills no one else does. People think I'm super cool because of what I do for them. The truth is I'm no better than they are. I serve them. It's my divine purpose. This fulfills me. I have joy because it. The key was to completely accept it.

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
one week ago
8 posts

I never had a clue, at least not one that I recognized.  I always knew I was different, a misfit among misfits even.  My mother told me that even as a small child I would pretty much melt down in crowded places.  I'm not sure my aversion to crowds and most people has an etiology in possibly being an Empath, but it is starting to make plenty of sense. All I have recently read suggest that there is a probable/likely link.  I'm 50-ish now and It's only just very recently started to figure it out. During adolescence I just though I was a loner, a non-people person.  I highly suspect I would still be an introverted loaner even if not Empathic.

I experience "people pressure" when I'm in public. I explain this to those close to me as the feeling of a deep dive to the bottom of a lake. I feel the pressure on my body and my head, it just continually presses until said pressure is actually audible. The deeper I go the light fades and is replaced by cold murky depths and I can feel the pressure in the center of my brain.  Being in public is like that, there is always a basil pressure but throw in a few extra people or some mild/moderate traffic for maximum effect.  It takes days to recover from that. 

I relate to wanting to go live in a cave.  I was born in a horribly overcrowded city in SoCal, I was maybe 6-8 before I realized that this was not where I belonged and not much longer before we bolted to rural South Dakota.  Western SD was not so overcrowded back in the late 70s. When I was a younger man (1989 ish) I moved to a Metro area on the west coast to take advantage of an opportunity. It was not a mistake, the diversity was fantastic but the crowds were soul crushing.  So you have moved past the part of wanting to live in a cave, but I'm still there. In fact when this last snow melts I'll be back on my bike headed back to southern CO/Northern NM again looking for remote off-grid acreage along the high desert.  I've always known I would end up off-grid at some point. Thankfully I can use my RN to earn in places where jobs are scarce and land is cheap. I will likely capitalize off of someone else that bought land to live off-grid, but didn't do the math first.

I'm grateful that you took the time to share, I can relate to a whole lot of what you wrote.  I need massive amounts of alone time to detox from people. I'm very happy to be alone. It's not painful or distressing in any way. I'm ready to accept it and learn to live with it, but my goals are not to have many friends or be able too live in a populated place, rather make it tolerable when I do have to go to town or take a job/assignment. When I'm out riding the plains I experience true inner peace and tranquility, an ease and comfort that I rarely find outside nature. The Fibromyalgia has been making working extremely difficult so between these two issues I have some sorting to do.  At last I should say that I'm grateful to not be terminally ill and I have been blessed in many ways in life, so I'm hoping I don't sound like I'm playing a victim or whining needlessly. On the contrary these sets of issues I have are pretty light and I'm grateful for what I have and what I've been spared that others have endured.

I guess now I should continue to look at some of the tools and learn more. I'm not able to open some of the resource pages here, probably a script that my browser objects to, it's pretty strict in that regard.  I'm about to head to town and see my friend that nailed me as an Empath, this has been one heck of a year for self-discovery!

Thanks to all the help and guidance, glad I happened upon this forum.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
6 days ago
175 posts

Most male empaths don't discover it until latter in life. I fully relate to what your saying. I just drove through the Davis mountains down 60 wishing I could stay there. I plan to take my bike there this year. Something about it is drawing me. My brother was talking about Telluride. Sounds wonderful.

I haven't given up the dream of a cave. I've carved out this cave in my mind 1000's of times. It's in a forest in the mountains. Just me and my horse. I'm one these people that can walk into the woods with a pocket knife and stay for a month. 

I don't like having friends. It's a responsibility I don't want. I really only have one true friend. A fellow empath who's dream is to live in a cabin on the ocean shore alone. After all the difficulty being around people we just want a rest. I wish people were not so critical as to believe I'm anti-social. It's not really true. I just need to be alone to recover. If I don't get one day a week in my sanctuary I go a little nuts, like I am right now. If I could I would stay for years. I did in the past. I want to make a living carving stone, metal, wood, stuff I can sell, and have as little interaction as possible. I'm getting more sensitive as I get older. I'm close to 50.

The times I've been freaked out in traffic make me weary of driving into town. I get about a 3 hour window to do what I need to do. I had to move away from Houston because of it. I broke down a few times. I just cried and screamed. Houston is a horrible place for an empath.

I smoke a lot of weed. It dulls my senses. Helps me cope. It isn't for everyone. I would rather not because I like being fully sober. I quit now and then for the fun of it, but I always go back to it eventually. Things get way to intense once it leaves my system. I can tell after about 60 days and rush back to it. Well, now we have CBD. I can't believe we just discovered this. My Aunt uses it for Fibromyalgia. She is a big marijuana hater so it took her awhile to find. Now my most of my family uses it. 

The tools seriously help. I have a room full of crystals and carry stones with me. I shield myself around others and ground out the energy that builds up. People would think I'm New Agey if they knew. I'm not, just practical. We do what we have to do.

Yes, we suffer, but it can get better. We can be stronger. It's not about me anymore, it's about them. I rely on God to help me find the strength to continue. I really don't care about this life anymore. I've given it up to be used by Him. I want to be one with the Infinite.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 days ago
983 posts

@tonyrn

I would add that sometimes empaths are switched on or awakened. Sometimes it is switched on after a tragic event or accident. But other times it can be switched on for no identificable reason. That later is what happened to me about 4 years ago. Prior to that I did have some psychic things pop up throughout my life but it wasn't evident on a daily basis back then. And then all of a sudden one day during a time of stress it was all switched on.

There's no off-switch that I am aware of. But even better, you can learn to ground out unwanted energy and return yourself to a happy balance. Are you familiar with the grounding process that is really important for empaths?

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
4 days ago
8 posts

@zacharias

I can relate to so much of this. Especially the responsibility of friends, it's a challenge. I've had to adjust expectations not only of friends but family. People are quite a bit less disappointing when expectations are nil.  I've also had to cut out anyone that brings drama, that included several family members as well as friends. This has been a happy experience, not hard or difficult.  Likewise I've had to look at myself and make sure I'm not guilty of the very things that drive me nuts about people, some adjustments had to be made.

Sanctuary time is critical too, I'm good to go to town 2-3x/week max and I've gotta keep it under 2 hrs, and outside rush hours.  I do live in one of those towns that seems more toxic than most, lots of road rage and public rudeness. I can melt down in traffic pretty easily so I gotta watch it. I have no coping mechanism for that other than avoidance and a bit of extra HP.  For each trip to town I need at least a couple days to recoup.  After reading all about what an Empath goes through I'm pretty sure it's been with me as long as I've been alive, but the Fibro is relatively recent and it seems that the two have some sort of cumulative effect. 

When you say weed works I know that you are right.  I started using it to treat Fibro for lack of any of the indicated meds being effective at anything other than profound side effects.  I used to smoke back in the 80s as a youth, then I quit for many years, a friend that could see I was suffering dropped off a little care package and while it's not a magic bullet it is by a landslide the most effective thing I have tried for the Fibro, I was already well into my 40s by then.  I does seem to work to dampen the people pressure.  I think the empathic traits go back to my earliest memory, and maybe thats why the cannabis was so effective before. It's pretty well known that cannabis treats Fibro, but what a boost that it helped with this empathic thing that I never realized I had.

BTW, I really like the cave idea.  While there seem to be some band-aids for this the only true treatment I'm aware of so far is avoidance.  Not an option for everyone I know but it's doing the trick for me.  I felt so good when I went to CO, I had to get a long ways south of Denver/Springs area for the air to clear, but when I got close to Alamosa and along the extreme southern edge of CO it felt like home.  Even Cripple Creek, stunningly beautiful, had to many people, but I wanted to see it being a fan of "The Band" I felt I owed it to myself to have a peek while I was close. Folks in southern CO seem somehow compatible with me. I plan to go stay in Ft Garland for awhile in the next few weeks and get a better feel for the community and the NM high desert.  Wanna to make sure I get the right acreage.

If I may be so bold there is one thing that jumps off the page to me, you seem to experience Houston the way I experienced Seattle. I moved some 50 miles away to rural Snohomish County but I had to move again in a couple years. The masses caught up with me in no time flat.  Are you sure your far enough away from Houston? I still had toxicity from Seattle and I was nearly 2 hrs away. If I even see a major city on TV my blood runs cold and I have to look away.  It does rack my nerves, even if just on TV.  

When I read your last two paragraphs I had to wonder if your still too close to a metro area, I could feel the words as I was reading them.  If I may be so bold, the things you describe seem all to familiar to me.  I had to get much further from Seattle before I could stop feeling the effects of it.  Of course then I had no idea bout being an Empath, at least now I have some understanding of why even one county over was not nearly far enough.  Seattle has an overwhelmingly high-strung, uptight displacement that seemed to spread all over the western part of the state, very toxic indeed.  I seemed to instinctively know that I had to go... far.  It cut my earning potential in half but was well worth it.  I honestly believe had I stayed I would probably be in jail now. 

@hop-daddy

Now that I'm reading and understanding I think it's innate and was fully awake throughout my life.  The issues have been long standing, it really does explain so much, so well.  I didn't figure there was an off switch but I had to ask.  Aside from a finely-tuned commercial grade BS detector this has not been a good time.  In retrospect I think this has helped me to be a better nurse when working hospice and long term care.  Boy it would be nice to have a toggle switch with this! I think I need to read more about grounding, sounds like it might help.

Thank you both!

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 days ago
983 posts

@tonyrn:

I thought I'd add that it's very common for an empath to choose a profession that includes helping and healing others. You being a nurse is a perfect example. But the downside of that is that hospitals are tough places for empaths to be exposed to. People go to the hospital to get critical help in hopes to heal and reclaim their lives. Many go there unknowingly to die. All of that creates a lot of low energy vibes in the hospital from the patients and their families. As an empath you're going to absorb a lot of that low energy and it will sink your vibration. When your vibration lowers, you'll not feel well and will be an emotional mess depending on the severity of the energies you absorb. When you start saying things like "Some days I just cant bear the idea of being around people at all", that's your red flag warning that you have been swamped with low energy and have empath fatigue. When this happens to me I know I need some self-care and to ground that unwanted energy out of me.

A lot of empaths hold on to low energy that they take in. And frankly, that's poisonous and very unhealthy. So while step 1 is recognizing you are an empath, step 2 should be to learn how to ground low energy out of you. Grounding is the process of releasing all that pent up low energy that is bringing you down. As you push that low energy out, you will feel lighter and happier. And this is what I mean when I say "balanced energy". When you are your regular happy self, you are balanced. When you are sinking like a stone and can't stand to be around another person due to being all filled up with low energy, that means you are out of balance and out of your normal high vibration range.

I don't want to flood you with too much since I remember being where you're at. And you're swamped with all this info. and trying to understand it all. But when you're ready you're going to want to learn more about effective groundng techniques and the usefulness of crystals and protection stones. I'm happy to help explain all of that when you're ready.

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
4 days ago
8 posts

I had turned wrenches and operated a tow truck before becoming a nurse, I was alone in the truck, made lots of tips and met lots of ladies. It was great! During the rotations I had done in nursing school the long term care rotations were easily my favorite. Always more rewarding then stressful/taxing. Those patients that lived through the dirty 30s are generally humble and much less entitled.  Hospice is something I would LOVE to do again, and long term care are completely different and a great match for what I have to offer. Generally these facilities are more relaxed and a better fit.

My last few years as a nurse were private-duty 1099, much better. When I worked in facilities (one exception) I had to deal with a lot of drama, smack talking, back biting, power struggles, politics and enough venom and vitriol to intoxicate a mature rattle snake.  I'm used to coworkers having ups and downs but nothing like this, ever.  If I had a few more years left I would go to law school and become a mens/fathers rights advocate, it would also be a fantastic way to help children without having to deal with them. I think that was my actual calling and I missed it.

I'm happy to say that a lot of the Empath information I find pretty intuitive, I feel as though I'm understanding it well since it's something that makes huge chunks of my life and self make a whole lot more sense.  I'm still learning about specifics and variants of Empaths, I'm not psychic, I cant see or feel ghosts.  I think I read about "precognitive" that fits fairly well, along with dysfunctional.  I'm ready to understand grounding and mechanisms. 

Would the fact that I'm highly defiant tell us anything about any of this? That goes back to early childhood and still thrives in probably unhealthy proportions.

Do I need to narrow down what kind of Empath I am to properly formulate the best coping mechanisms? 

Is it possible that I have some ability that I have no idea about, possibly muffled by my healthy skepticism of most things?  Any way to tell if that may be the case? 

Once again, thank you.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
4 days ago
175 posts

I'd say you fit the profile pretty damn well. I wouldn't worry about what kind of empath you are. We all have all the gifts. We're strong at the ones we practice. Even if we don't know we're practicing them. 

I think we get a little defiant because of all the lies we are told. They still tell the same lies to kids today. I see it from the parents perspective now, but in watching other parents do the same things adults did in my day, I so want to take kids aside and say to them "It's all bullshit". It really is. I can only deal with for so long before I resist and call them out. 

Oh yes, you definitely have abilities you don't know about. Your a mech. I bet you have what is call analytical awareness. You know machines intuitively. Think about it. 

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
3 days ago
8 posts

I was Dx with ODD when I was but a wee lad, maybe 5-ish.  Mom took me to a leading child psychologist way back then because apparently I was not an easy child.  I do believe the defiance is innate, it goes back to my earliest childhood memories.  I think these other factors you mentioned keep it alive and well.

What your saying, I know it's true and believe me sir, I have to bite my lip plenty!  I wont lie, I'm quickly annoyed by kids but I care deeply about their well being. I had to teach mine shame, loyalty, honesty, promptness, integrity and kindness, and give them the knowledge that they will witness a disturbing lack of it in the real world.  The old narrative left the building with Elvis. I don't like it but that is the reality. 

When I was a child my favorite toys were Legos (I still have totes of them), anything under the tree best be Legos or have wheels. I was not even 10 when I could identify just about any car part, I could see the headlights way back in the dark and accurately identify make and model. I had to take stuff apart to see how it all worked and always loved getting my hands dirty. I could explain the difference between 4 stroke and 2, and how a rotary engine worked long before I was old enough to drive. I'm not claiming to be a master tech but I certainly hold my own. I guess now I know that there is a word for it.

Machines and animals I get, I'm quite comfortable around either. It's people that keep me guessing.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 days ago
983 posts

@tonyrn:

In response to: Is it possible that I have some ability that I have no idea about, possibly muffled by my healthy skepticism of most things? 

As you accept and learn more about your empathy, you'll likely see other abilities open up. I like to explain this like when you go to college you have a major and a minor. You major in empathy but will likely have 2-3 minor abilities that will show. And with work you can strengthen those. 

Here's a link taking about the various Clair skills that people have. In time you will likely find that you have a hidden but natural ability of one or more of these:

https://www.psychic-readings-guide.com/list-of-psychic-abilities/

To your question: Do I need to narrow down what kind of Empath I am to properly formulate the best coping mechanisms? 

I would say no to that right now. For example, if you start to see or hear an occasional ghost. I don't think that will bother you enough to want to limit that skill. However, if it does come on like a storm then you may want to get some advice on how to limit it. I went through a phase where I was getting bothered all the time by ghosts. And it was interrupting my sleep so I did some research and found some coping tools and options. But empathy and your psychic skills are seeded in your chakras (this will be a topic you'll want to research). And sometimes certain chakras can be open too wide and cause a psychic skill or two to come on too strong. The same with empathy. We often refer to this as turning down the volume on a skill that is overwhelming you. Just like when listening to music too loud it can be a little hard to take after a while, the same is true here.

In response to:

Would the fact that I'm highly defiant tell us anything about any of this? That goes back to early childhood and still thrives in probably unhealthy proportions.

I find that most empaths are very old souls. And being an old soul is kind of like experiencing 100 years of college and then being thrust in to a world where most people only have 4 years of college. You're on a different level at your core. Old souls know things through many lifetimes deep down that cannot be explained by modern science. Empaths are also typically very truth and justice based people who get upset when they see corruption and deception in the world. I think this can lead to defiance because you feel that you know better and don't want to follow the lead of someone who is flawed.

Great questions. As you ask and learn more you're going to notice that all along your life had the framework and pattern of an empath.

updated by @hop-daddy: 04/19/19 09:01:49AM
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
3 days ago
175 posts

Wow, @hop-daddy, once again you have a great way of explaining things I can't quite pin down until I hear you say it (so to speak). I'm about to go to the church council and call them all out on what they're doing. It's corruption and it affects the entire church. I won't have it anymore. I may end up losing the best job I've ever had, but I just can't let it stand. Thanks for the pep talk.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 days ago
983 posts

@zacharias, thank you. I'm happy to help any way I can.

As to your situation I would add that we empaths are very sensitive and can be hot under the collar and sometimes over-react. I have found from my own mistakes that sometimes when upset it is best not to lash out then but to instead take a day or so to calm down and let my rational side catch up to the emotional side of my brain. I don't know is this at all helps you. But I've done better holding myself back since I know I'm prone to over-reacting. Good luck!

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
2 days ago
8 posts

@hop-daddy

Thanks for the link, it was good reading. Claircognizant sounds pretty close. I tend to get flashes of stuff that I cant interpret but it leaves me with a clear gut feeling that I have come to know not to ignore.  It took me a long time to realize it is dangerous to disregard a gut feeling or a red flag, it's just to easy to rationalize a bad idea.

TonyRN
TonyRN
@tonyrn
10 minutes ago
8 posts

What helps with the sleep?

Do some of these grounding techniques help? I thought Ambien would work but it is surprisingly ineffective given how many folks I know that swear by it.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book