I AM GRATEFUL FOR.....

michelle
@michelle
3 weeks ago
63 posts

Being an empath can be draining and we become sad through feeling too much. Days go by where we forget the niceties of our life: family, friends, pets, sharing a good meal, a sunny day......

You can flip any downer emotions by bringing up the emotion of gratitude. What causes you to smile with gratitude? Please share what you are grateful for at this thread.

I'm grateful to be a member of this community and coming to know you all....

Hugs, ūüíó

Michelle

A THANKSGIVING TRADITION:

"Alice's Restaurant"

By Arlo Guthrie

PLAY

This is a song played by many of my generation on Thanksgiving.

When I lived away from home and came to visit my family, it was always a special treat for me to hear this.

Written in 1967, it was an anti-war song....keep listening because the song's message is not apparent until later. Hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving Tradition of mine!

Info on Arlo Guthrie:

SNIP:

Arlo Davy Guthrie (born July 10, 1947) is an American folksinger-songwriter.[1] Like his father, Woody Guthrie, he is known for singing songs of protest against social injustice, and storytelling around a song. Guthrie's best-known work is his debut piece, "Alice's Restaurant Massacree", a satirical talking blues song about 18 minutes in length that has since become a Thanksgiving anthem. His only top-40 hit was a cover of Steve Goodman's "City of New Orleans". His song "Massachusetts" was named the official folk song of the state in which he has lived most of his adult life. Guthrie has also made several acting appearances. He is the father of four children, who have also had careers as musicians.

READ MORE:

michelle
@michelle
3 weeks ago
63 posts
HOW TO USE GRADITUDE FOR HEALING:
By Dr. Kim D'Eramo

https://youtu.be/Ytx6Tv5YY0Y
Janett Niemi
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
3 weeks ago
89 posts

While everyone was sleeping, last month our kitchen caught fire. We all got out safely, and although the house stinks and is chemically unbalanced (A nice way of saying that it all has to be professionally cleaned, lots of stuff was tossed, but insurance is paying for it all) we are all safe. I am so grateful that my family was not harmed and that we are all safe.

Life is precious. You never know what may happen, so Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

michelle
@michelle
3 weeks ago
63 posts
@janett-niemi

Thank you for sharing your story of gratitude.
Blessings to you and your family. And here's to a speedy cleaning/ reconstruction of your home and kitchen.
michelle
@michelle
3 weeks ago
63 posts
I am grateful for my gifts as an empath.

Anyone?
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
3 weeks ago
89 posts

I am grateful to this community, that helped and patiently listened to me, when I was most broken.

I am grateful to people in real life who did not let me go, when I wanted to run away, helped me.

I am grateful to those people who helped so many to make easier future for others.

I am grateful to starter of this topic.

I am grateful to my parents, because they tried.

I am grateful that I can be thankful and forgive.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
457 posts
Human Life - I am grateful for the loving family and friends in my life today. Those that make a conscious effort like I do. I am grateful for my pet, Leo. I am grateful that I have recently acquired a new job and the plans set in motion for years to come. I am grateful to be able to see parts of this planet in person versus my dreams. I am grateful to appreciate nature in all its beauty.
I am grateful for possessions needed to survive in this world today.

Spiritual life- My souls is grateful for the gifts given to me. I will be more grateful when I am able to use them on my own more effectively in human form ;) i am grateful for those who have helped and shown me along the way, and continue to meet those wonderful souls. I'm grateful for this planet in all that remains for its ways to heal. My soul is grateful to be able to help those in need where I can to live life on this planet as well to learn one day those souls that need guidance. My soul is grateful to travel too see this planet and possibly others when I sleep at night. I am forever grateful to meet my spirit guides.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
944 posts

@michelle:

Thanks for the fun and positive topic.

One of the things that I struggled with in recent years as an empath was to not be so negative in my outlook on life. As you all know as an empath, we are negative energy magnets. And we take in all that low energy and it can really impact how we experience our lives. I had a bit of a break through in 2018 where I did a much better job of managing my energy and keeping my vibration at more optimal levels. And that has led me to be grateful for:

1) Grateful for my friends and family near and far. Grateful for the light and love that these people represent.

2) Grateful for this website where we like minds can meet, exchange ideas, and better ourselves.

3) Grateful for the empath and psychic skills that God has given me. There was a time when I felt I was a cursed soul and was doomed to be tortured by my empathy for the rest of this life. And that gave me a bleak outlook. But through a lot of self-work and progress, those curse feelings have transformed to recognizing that I have a gift that I am extremely grateful for. And I look forward to kicking my gifts in to high gear in 2019 and beyond to help raise vibrations everywhere I can.

michelle
@michelle
3 weeks ago
63 posts
@curious-child
@tigerlily
@hop-daddy

Thank you all for your statements of gratitude! Certainly Thanksgiving fueled This thread, but I also wanted to show the the transformative power of gratitude.
Hop-daddy's post really highlighted gratitide's power available to us.

I've been feeling a little down lately, so I will fake it until I make it!

I am grateful that my car passed inspection with little cost to me.

I am grateful that my son so willingly contributes to household expenses especially since I am on a very limited income.

I am grateful that I was able to be available to take my mother to her doctor's appointment when she needed help.

I am grateful that I have a full refrigerator and freezer.

I am grateful for the humbling transformations in my understanding of our world and my place in it.
michelle
@michelle
2 weeks ago
63 posts
I am grateful for Bruce Lipton, author of, The Biology of Belief," and other books, for teaching me so much on health and healing.

The following video is important for any who are having a hard time healing. But I also think that is important for empaths who tend to be dragged down by surrounding Energies. It is my wish that you will make the connection as to why frequent energetic hygiene is important to empaths for a long and strong healthy life. If you can't find anything to be happy about, find something you are grateful for.

Mr. Lipton can be a little corny [that's his youthful spirit] in his videos but keep watching because he has something very important to share with us.

The title of the video is:

The Healing Power of Gratitude - Bruce Lipton Explains Telomeres

https://tinyurl.com/y7uaslrx

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book