Pets

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 weeks ago
457 posts

Curious to know which type of pet you as empath prefer and why?

If you do own one...

1.)do you believe they are protecting you or alerting you from those negative or postive spiritual energies?

2.)Comforting you from when you have taken on to much energy that day from people or not?

3.)  Do they help ground you?

4.)Any type of odd behaviors in general or on certain days? 

Anything else on your fur baby please do share. :)

Side note, I read once a while ago that our fur babies tend to live longer with lots of pure love from us.  I'm not able to find where I found this or how.  I keep finding "ways your pet loves you"  If you know about this too, please share.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 weeks ago
977 posts
  • Well...I don't know if I 'prefer' one pet over the other...I have 2 dogs and a cat i used to have 2 cats but one died earlier this year...if i had to choose between her and my Male cat I'd choose her...she was my soul kitty...she and I were together for 18 or so years, so she was pretty old when she passed and I miss her. My dogs are both adorable. One day I like one more than the other then the next it's the other way around..lol...which really isn't true as they both make me laugh and irritate me at the same time ....lol...I wouldn't change them at all though as they've bonded quite strongly to each other and me to them...if I wasn't renting I'd add onto my lil group of fur babies...but 3 will have to do...lol.  
  • My soul kitty was very intuitive towards me as she did seem to know I needed cuddling. Before my current dogs came into our lives, I had a dog who she had bonded quite strongly to, who developed seizures and when he would have one and I wasn't there she'd come and get me. She watched him quite closely...my ex and I adopted another dog after Mitch died  and she wasn't quite as close to Huggy as to Mitch. He was also my soul pooch...all animals I adopt end up my soul pets...but Shadow was the one who shone for me.

My dogs help me to ground...if my energy is off they let me know by how they behave towards me...I also rely on them to judge a person, how they react to a person will let me know if what I'm sensing is correct or not. Shadow was really good at that too...if she'd sense everything was ok she'd come out and see what was going on...if she sensed things were off she'd stay hidden. The thing that always confused me was she liked my mother...lol...I don't but every time my mom came over she would try to swarm her...My mom hates animals...so I always thought Shadow did it to be a pain in the butt...lol. My dogs do the same thing but she hates it. So it's kinda weird...lol. When my ex popped by one time she didn't come out at all to see him...he did notice that. But I didn't blame her...lol.

All animals sense energy so I've always trusted their ability to do just that and do sense spirit. When I lived in Europe my ex and I had a dog and a cat. My cat at that time disappeared...looked all over for him but he was gone. A day later I was sitting on my steps to the house when suddenly my dog who was a puppy at the time, suddenly started to play...he was looking at one spot in front of me and hopping playfully around. Then suddenly he stopped and looked all around looking rather confused. I also felt a presence sitting behind me on the step...I knew it was my cat though and that he was dead, and that he came home to say good bye...later we found out someone in the town we lived found him, hit by a car. They buried him for us.

So when my pets act out of character I notice and reach out around me to try and sense what's going on energetically. There may come a time I won't be able to have animals and that scares me as they keep me company and give me unconditional love. Something that humans don't do very well...lol.

updated by @womanwhowalks: 11/17/18 01:46:34AM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 weeks ago
457 posts
I've always preferred cats as a pet, and 5 years ago I found out I was allergic. I've had 3 cats my life. One I had when I was 10, and she passed about 16 or 17. Before her passing I have my cat now. (She didn't want to live with me in my condo, so I had to take her back to my parents house, why I had gotten the one I adore now, my soul kitty) A year after getting my soul kitty I got another, my third cat. With her I had to give up as I started having many sinus infections and once a lung infection, which is wear I learned of the cat allergy. She's in a terrific home to a woman who thanked me for her as she said they are soul mates. I miss her, but I couldn't be more happy.
I still have my soul kitty who is 16 and in amazing health according to my vet. That is why I asked if it's possible that they live longer with unconditional love.. the allergy bothers me, but not to multiple sickness like b4.

My soul kitty like yours is very intuitive. He will not leave me alone on bad days I have, and will often stare at nothing and will run after something he's looking at that we don't see. Sometimes it looks like he is playing with someone, which I believe to be my deceased uncle. Often times he's ran into walls or chairs from running after something. He now will walk around in circles meowing at that skylight. I do feel a presence at times in the house so it's no shock to me his behavior anymore. And the way he meows at me to get my attention.

He's been good at weeding out people in my life lol. He likes people, but will hide or has bitten, those he doesnt like. Those that he does like, which have turned to be good people, he has no boundaries with and just sits on them lol. I wish I can keep soul kitty for my whole life. He greets me when I come home, and upset when I leave. Even goes to the bathroom with me. Follows me around like a puppy.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 weeks ago
1,378 posts

As if you couldn't tell by my Avatar.....CATS!....CATS!.....CATS! I could not count the number of cats I've had in my life. If I had unlimited money, I would be a crazy cat lady by now.  We only have one cat now and she is a time share, lol. She comes from a home with 11 cats and wants to be an only cat, so she chose to come to us, and despite my now being very allergic to some cats (boo hoo, not fair!), we care for her w/o letting her in the house, except when we got hit by a hurricane and did bring her inside. She has a custom made, sheepskin lined bed in the office in my husband's workshop, and since our climate is very mild, it's no problem. 

In this location before I became allergic and before we were on a fixed income, we've had as many as 8 animals at once, all rescues: a giant Flemish rabbit, 2 cockatiels, 2 dogs, and 3 cats. I once had 9 cats at once, back in college. It is hard to choose a favorite, but if forced, I would choose my Corgi. She had been though such hell on the street, yet was always smiling and happy, even after she became partly paralyzed later in life and I had to carry her around; a real lesson in perseverance in spite of illness for me! 

The cats definitely seem to sense spirits, and we seemed to have a lot of them in our living room at night. Our tuxedo cat always knew when I was really sick and would lie right by my side all night, though he was not a lap cat normally. I did feel more protected with cats inside the house and wish I could have our time share cat indoors w/o my having sneezing fits. 

Our dogs did not seem to discriminate. They just wanted attention. Not all, but most Narcs I've known have had dogs, since they give unconditional attention w/o criticism, what Narcs crave most. I had one cat who could tell if someone did not like cats, but we've never had dogs who did that.

We have a neighbor who walks his 2 goats on leashes like dogs. We would love a couple of goats to mow our lawn, but I think they would eat all the flowers too, and I've  heard they are a major headache despite the cuteness factor. Anyone on here have goats?

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
4 weeks ago
977 posts
Well...I don't think I'm a narc...I love dogs and cats alike....dogs are just as sensitive to energy as cats...they just do things a bit differently...I also love horses, they are also extremely sensitive to energy...but no..I have never had goats..they are cute though..lol..I used to work in a pet store when i was younger,that sold pets...I would never do that again as the conditions some of the animals came in was very disgraceful...plus I always wanted to take them all home...lol...
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
944 posts

I love dogs and can't imagine life without them. I have two Golden Retrievers (one male, one female). We joke the female is a doggie empath. The male is big and a goof ball. Love those two. We used to have cats and I liked them as well. But cats are usually pretty independent whereas dogs are very dependent on their masters as part of their pack mentality.

When my current dogs were puppies under 1 year old they individually went bananas when they would see ghosts or shadows. But they both calmed down as they got older. I do catch them seeing things that aren't there sometimes. But they rarely bark at them. I think seeing things around my house is pretty normal for them and they aren't bothered by them. But one time they did hear a ghost woman humming a song in our kitchen and their hair was sticking straight up in fear. It made me wonder if the singing woman was more than a ghost and maybe was a djinn or something. So basically I feel my dogs would normally only sound the alarm if they caught a ghost trying to steal their favorite treats from the treat jar. 

To the 2nd question, my poor doggie empath has a lot to handle in our house with 3 empaths plus my wife. She sometimes looks devastated from all the energy she takes in from us when one of us is feeling low or grouchy. But my male goof ball Golden is perfect when one of us is down. He knows how to come over and do something funny to cheer that person up. He's really good at that. I would say he grounds me at times or helps get me in the right direction on that. But I find myself often trying to calm and cheer up my female Golden who gets so impacted by us. 

I would say no odd behaviors on any given day. They are pretty routine. They love weekends when everyone is home and our house energy is high. And they dislike Mondays when some or all of us have the Monday blues.

I'm thankful for their unconditional love. Quite often I think dogs are better company than most humans.

8ad9f4bec1f82a147055ef0899f25818.jpg

updated by @hop-daddy: 11/21/18 01:16:42PM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 weeks ago
1,378 posts

@womanwhowalks,

OMG, I did not say anyone who loves or has dogs is a Narc! Not at all. I just said that of the full blown Narcs I've known personally, which are only about half a dozen people who actually would qualify for a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, the majority had dogs, as a way to get a constant supply of uncritical attention. If all dog owners were Narcs, we'd be living in a hellish, unbearably cruel and selfish world. That would surely be awful. I was trying to say how most dogs love everyone, even Narcs. It is well known that most dogs will even love someone who beats and starves them. It is pack loyalty plus obedience to the alpha dog, which is the owner. I agree with you that dogs are wonderful and my favorite pet of all was a dog, my Corgi. Namaste. :-)

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 weeks ago
1,378 posts

P.S. For anyone who likes goats and needs a pick-me-up....try videos on YouTube from Sunflower Creamery. They have many adorable videos of their goats, including new babies, and baby goat pajama parties! 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
457 posts
@chesire-cat did your studies also talk about with narcs using pets for their own advantage? Mainly men? Living in this big city, many men use dogs to pick up women. And it works! I personally don't agree with that, but I guess we know narcs do? I saw how a cute puppy or little dog strikes up conversation, and as we are all empath we know we can feel it too. The big dogs not so much, it's the puppies and little dogs. Men have done it to me too. I've also seen many with their dogs turn women away, I liked those men lol. The lake is a great pick up a spot for all this. I used to see a man every morning walking to the train, walking his cute puppy. I used to also see him flirting with different women, daily. This puppy would always run to me, and I felt bad never petting it, but his owner and that energy never felt right and at that time I didn't know why. One day, I did it. Yep I said it. The cute little puppy ran up to me again and I pet it and did all the googly puppy things. I felt bad ignoring the little puppy as somethong with his owner didn't feel right, the puppy is innocent. I said to the owner that day "bet your getting a lot of A from this little guy" the look on his face, he knows he was caught. He must have moved the dog walking to a different part of the neighborhood as I never saw him again. I rarely ever saw women with dogs get hit on or flirted with by men.
I know living in a city, the excuse is size of dog with apartments. True, not always true. There is equal amounts big and small, so I don't buy that excuse each time. Especially when you see big dogs going in the same building as little ones. If that was the case, you'd see more smaller dogs, as I often questioned myself what bldg did they live in that allowed larger dogs.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,378 posts

Hi TL,

I have not seen any research about Narcs using dogs to attract prey, but it makes total sense that they would do that. I have known normal men who loved their dogs and just accidentally attracted women while walking them. Dogs are also a good excuse for a woman to walk up to a man, when she wants to, but otherwise wouldn't dare. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
944 posts

With all the heated #MeToo stuff that's been going on I think a lot of single men are now at a loss on how to meet women without being labelled as a predator. I keep reading articles how they are afraid to try to pick up on women and be labelled a perv. And I'm not talking about the bad male predator behavior that needs to go away. I'm talking about normal guys that respect women and are just looking for opportunities to meet them. I would think having a puppy that attracts women at a park would be innocent enough as long as they care for and treat their dogs well. Heck, I'm surprised that there are still people walking through parks enjoying the scenary instead of being zombified by their phones. Because I've tried an experiment several times walking through a park or shopping area trying to see how many people would be off their phones and in this world enough to make eye contact and be aware of the goings on in the real world. And I honestly think its about 1 out of every 15 people walking through a public place who is looking at people and their surroundings instead of their phones.

updated by @hop-daddy: 11/23/18 10:07:52AM
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
3 weeks ago
89 posts

I am a dog person. I like cats too, yet they wont feel missing part in my inner world. I love dogs, because they have something I miss a lot...Energy. Someone who would poke you with nose and look at your with gaze that says -"lets go out". Basically its not me who takes dog on a walk, its dog who is walking me ^^ Also they radiate a lot of positive energy. Its enough to clap your hands for them to start and jump around, which always affected me in healthy way.

Had four dogs myself. Starting from Russian Bolonka, Collie and ending with Schnauzer, ChiHuaHua. Always with them from the start till the end. From beginning when we run and spend great time together, that no single other person could give me in this world, and till the end, when they become old and weak, need lots of love and care. Even when they start to get weak and sleep most of the day...Its so pleasant when they come near and start to sniff your ear or lick your face few times...Makes every single moment spent together for over a dozen years rush trough a head.

I also had two cats. Yet cant tell much about them. I love them, love to pet them and look at them. Yet there is no connection. With cats the void is still there, unfilled...

1.) I believe my dogs were more like something that cleaned me from bad energy most of the times.
2.) Yes. When I felt downed my dogs were pretty quick to relieve bad feeling. The anger, sadness or heavy state changed into something loving in no time.

3.) I really cant answer this one for sure. I believe they did. Basically I feel bad living without little fur friends.
4.) Sometimes my dogs refused to go in specific places. Or places they went before, but put "hand brake" on occasionally and we had to change route. But its hard to tell for sure. Too much to pay attention at after my "new life".

Sometimes my dog were barking or growling without reason. Or at least it seemed so. Because there was no sounds or smells I noticed. But who knows. Those are moments of strange behavior that came to my mind.

@hop-daddy
"With all the heated #MeToo stuff that's been going on I think a lot of single men are now at a loss on how to meet women without being labelled as a predator. I keep reading articles how they are afraid to try to pick up on women and be labelled a perv. And I'm not talking about the bad male predator behavior that needs to go away. I'm talking about normal guys that respect women and are just looking for opportunities to meet them."

I can relate to that with ease -_-

updated by @curious-child: 11/23/18 11:18:10AM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
457 posts
For someone who is single and nearly 40, it's sad how it is with dating. It's all done through dating apps, and the "old fashion" ways are labeling people as creepy and perv. But online dating is no different as some women think it's all creeps n pervs. My experiences with online dating hasn't been great, but i gave it a shot fot 5 years. Still not the same as meeting someone in the real world is tough. Me too movements, digital age, and anything else is causing this shift. Dating at work has had strict rules, and becoming more strict.
I've met so many women in the city as friends, and they all say men are creeps anyway you look at it. Then when asked "how are you going to meet someone then" you get deer in a headlight look. Then when you ask men, it's the whole "man its hard"
I can go on and on about this subject just from this wild city. Lol.

Dogs have great energy! After learning I am allergic to cats going to look into dogs as my next fur baby. My cat currently acts like one. Lol
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
3 weeks ago
157 posts

I love all animals, but the ones I dislike the most are dogs. Oddly enough, the ones I've liked the most are also dogs. I don't necessarily favor dogs, but let's be honest, they are better companions than humans. The dogs I don't like are wild dogs and coyotes, for the most part. 

I have two dogs and 16 cats. My wife takes care of the dogs and I take care of the cats,. I've always had cats growing up. I did have a rat for a awhile that I was very attached to, but mostly cats. They help me ground out the negative energy at the end of the day. Any time I take a nap I wake up with one or two cats on me. It seems the worse I feel, the more they want my attention. 

I've had the most fun this year watching wild life here in east texas. I watch the deer and the foxes and skunks and big texas sized rats. I have a racoon that crawls through the cat door daily for a snack. I call him Edgar. I talk to him and he shows me his teeth. The cats think he's another cat. Now the foxes down here are somewhat unique. They are related to dogs, but they act mostly like wild cats, they're about the same size. I've had stare downs with them where they just keep distance and watch me back. I can sneak up on them rather easy, unlike wild cats. When the males are hunting bugs they are unaware of my presence if I don't make noise or move to fast. The females are very smart. One tried to lure me away from her den. She didn't fool me for long through. I turned around to look for it and found two cubs playing. Then she made a really cool sound and cubs ran into the brush and disappeared. I don't consider them as empathic as dogs are, but I don't see them as true predators(that would kill for fun), either.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book