Protecting/shielding yourself

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 weeks ago
443 posts

HI everyone!  :)

I was reading more how to shield and protect myself better.  Had a meltdown from negativity at work and just all the energy of downtown chicago.  I came across this article on using stones to help and wanted share.....

https://www.krista-mitchell.com/blog/protectivecrystals

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
930 posts

@tigerlily

Sorry about your ordeal. But you found a great article. Thanks for sharing. I live in a city of close to 6 million people. I've found that most empaths don't do well in busy cities. But my life and family is here so I had to make it work once I awakened as an unbalanced empath. The game changer for me was to carry protection stones with me everywhere. I find all the dark ones work best. They really deflect and/or turn down the volume of what emotional energy hits me. I have a bracelet that contains Obsidian, Onyx, Pyrite and Hematite. And I usually also have a pouch on me that has black tourmaline, labradorite, jet. I can go almost anywhere due to the effectiveness of these stones in deflecting and lowering the energy around me.

What stones work for you?

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 weeks ago
443 posts
@hop-daddy yes big city living is an ordeal lol. My family friends and job are here, but sometimes when I'm overloaded like that I just want to move lol. From the list I wear a lot of flourite. I have a big obsidian stone at work, black tourmaline, and hematite. I really don't wear the dark color of the stones. I do have black onyx beads that I can make a bracelet and start wearing. But don't you feel like you need a boulder size living in a big city?
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
930 posts

@tigerlily:

I haven't noticed that larger stones and crystals work better. And I've read articles from a few experts that you don't need very large stones to feel the benefits. But some people like me, do better when protection stones are touching the body as opposed to just being near you (like on a bracelet or in a pocket). I don't know if you've noticed that. But I do much better when they are physically on me. And secondly, since you are in a large city, your protection stones will wear out faster. You have to cleanse and re-energize them often. Probably 1-2 times a week. What I do is buy two sets of everything. And then I'll have one set sitting in the sun re-energizing for a day or so while I'm wearing the other set of stones. And then I'll alternate them a couple times a week. I notice a big difference in how I feel when I keep them energized.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 weeks ago
443 posts
@hop-daddy I agree, I clear mine out after each time I wear them. Sometimes b4 too if I haven't wore them in a while. If I do not clear them out, I get headaches. Do you feel the same same when not cleared out? I feel better with the larger stones than I do smaller, strangly. I believe this to be the big city energy and the millions of people downtown. Don't know for sure, but waa guided to the bigger ones and I just listened :) After a long day it is nice to just sit, tune out everything and hold them. There are days I wake up and more drawn to wear than others. And now understand why. I also do better wearing them or my body. I am going to listen to you and get the black ones and laboradite. I make everything to wear.

I do have a question for you. When you are shielding yourself, do you envision the white light around you, and do you use a stone more geared for positivity in doing so?
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
4 weeks ago
780 posts
@tigerlily
Thank you for sharing.....although I use crystals on a regular basis, I have to admit there were some on the list that I’ve not heard of. I am drawn to the darker stones, some which I keep on 24/7 for good measure 😉. I have found that one of my favorites on the list outside of the black ones is Labradorite. Sound like I may need to add Staurolyte to my collection as I seem to be prone to attachments regardless of how vigilant I am with protecting myself.

Sorry about your work issue....work is one of the worst places for negativity imo. I am fortunate enough to not live in a big city...I don’t know how you guys do it. There are still drawbacks from living in the sticks though....small town judginess...

Blessings
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
930 posts

@tigerlily

Creating a white light protection bubble to shield me from emotional energy has not been something that I have been able to do. For some people that comes very naturally. But for me, that's a next level skill that I have not yet acquired. However, my body and mind responds well to protection crystals and stones so I've had good luck there. I'm a bit of a crystal nut as I probably have 35 different types that I keep around for various reasons. Some cheer me up after a bad day, some help me sleep better, or relax etc... But my go to stones for walking out the door are always the same (dark protection stones like black tourmaline, onyx, shungite, hematite). I also love labradorite, lapis lazuli, and selenite. 

But picking crystals and protection stones is kind of like inviting 30 people over for an ice cream party and trying to guess what everyone will like. We all seem to have our various favorites that work best for us. I would say the only consistent favorites with empaths seem to be the dark protection stones like the ones we've noted.

When my crystals and stones aren't working right I start getting headaches and fatigue more often. Sometimes that leads to anxiety. Good to hear that you know how to clean and charge your stones. I mostly use sunlight for that but also find letting them bathe in salt water for 8 hours also works well. In fact, I kind of sense at times that I wear some of my stones out despite setting them in sunlight regularly. A nice salt bath seems to give them a different kind of refresh and is good to do every once in a while. Just do a little research since some stones like malachite and selenite start to dissolve in water and get ruined.

@cat-whisperer:

I used to be an emotional wreck living in my large city. Discovering and experimenting with crystals and stones was a game changer for me. I can now pretty much go anywhere in large groups of people, or even angry environment work meetings and handle it pretty well. I have my dark color protection stones to thank for that.

On your comment on attachments, I have had similar problems where I have dealt with attachments or ghosts trying to enter my aura quite regularly over the years. Everyone says keep your vibration high and they won't bother you. But it's near impossible to always have a high vibration. And I was just reading from a reputable source that empaths attract attachments as easily as a low vibration drug user or alcoholic. And the reason is that the way we empaths open ourselves up to take in energy also makes us easily accessible to attachments. As a result, we really do have to be vigilant in protecting ourselves on a daily basis. I had an especially bad attachment a few years back that I was able to defeat. And I seemed to be able to do that with a lot of rest, salt baths, and the use of black tourmaline, onyx, and shungite. In fact, when I added shungite to the mix, I had a bizarre experience a few days later where an angry attachment left me in a rage by throwing things around my office. Things literally levitated and were thrown across the room shattering on the floor. Ever since then I've kept the tourmaline, onyx, and shungite close at hand.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
930 posts

I wanted to give a shout out to @paul as he was the one who a few years ago suggested that I try shungite to try to empower me to deal with my attachment. It did the job in a matter of days.

And for anyone interested in learning more about crystals and stones, I found this book really informative and helpful:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1904991637/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 weeks ago
443 posts
@hop-daddy. That is so scary what you mentioned about your office. You appear to be sensative to those energies, are you a medium? Doe's telling them to "go away" help? I had a spirit attached to me once before and the chakra lady helped to remove the attachment. It was afraid to go to the light and hung on to me because it liked or felt safe in my energy. Shortly after that I felt very sensitive to those energies and it felt like they were a few coming towards me in my aparen't in chicago. I got so upset with them for not leaving me alone I yelled "go away" and threw an object in the room. I started using Palo Santo after that on a weekly basis, and found out my neighbor above me would sage the hallway and staircase. That bldg was over 100 years old age.

There's a spot in my bathroom that gets excellent sun and moon light. I'll leave the jewelry and stones there for days sometimes. I would put my jewelry in Epsom salt but was advised to not with the jewelry lol. I'm with you on some making me happy and cheerful. My soladite set I made makes me the happiest to wear. It's also the set everyone wants to buy lol. But the amazonite, at first it felt like it was choking me. I took it all off and kept it on the window for days. When I tried it again, it didn't choke as bad. That's when a past life dream popped in my head where I was slit at the throat for saying something inappropriate. Since then I've never had that choking sensation wearing it, and I'm able to talk back to the narc more freely.

@cat-whisperer there are days I go nuts in the city. I do have emotional issues at times and I feel like a bubble wanting to burst lol. When I moved our and into the surrounding suburbs, it did feel better. But not as good as remote areas. I still commute into downtown Chicago daily, and some days are better than others. Tuesdays sometimes are worse than mondays, but Fridays feel great. But by Friday I'm drained. I can sometimes be good at envisioning the white light bubble, and sometimes not. I have a nice big chunk of clear quartzthat I bought, but I couldn't find anything if that can help the bubble.

Thank you for the black stone suggestions. I found some flower shaped obsidian stones I'll buy to make a new set.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
930 posts

@tigerlily:

It was very scary. My story seems right out of a scary book or movie. I would not believed it had it not happened to me. From what I can tell the attachment caused me to be severely depressed and anxious for about 3 years. I didn't sleep well most nights. And was in a constant state of doom and gloom combined with some very angry and anxious feelings. It was a very rough period for me and my family. This all started happening before I realized that I was an empath. I was actually wondering if I was bipolar or other mental illness and stumbled upon an empath site that helped me understand who I was. As I got a handle on what the cause and effect of being an empath was all about, I was then introduced to crystals and protection stones. And initially that helped chill me out and balance me. But I still felt a bit off and had a lot of nightmares and some very negative voices in my head. That's when I started reading about attachments and realized that I likely had one. I spent a lot of time relaxing, meditating, working on being a more positive environment. And I credit carrying protection stones everywhere for my healing process. And day my day I relaxed more, and my vibration would rise little by little. My depression started subsiding and I started to feel alive and happy again. And then as I was sitting in my office one I was thinking to myself that I think I have a handle on this and this attachment no longer has control over me. And then just as I thought that I felt an angry energy leave the room abruptly. As as that happened a desk fan sitting behind me on my credenza lept into the air and was thrown across the room shattering into pieces on the floor. And then my laptop cord that was plugged into my laptop was yanked by an invisible something and pulled across my desk. That's when I knew I had won the battle and the attachment left me. I really haven't had a bad day since. And it really taught me about the dangers of attachments as well as the power of protection stones, crystals, and meditation.

I think in my case I had something a little more scary than your run of the mill ghost. But yes, you can ask ghosts to leave. And the ones that are good hearted will likely respect your request will mostly leave. But there are many others that won't leave. And the darker ones have an agenda and aren't backing down.

For your situation, I don't know if light through a bathroom window is enough. If you have a safe place in a yard, I would let the stones and crystals get full sunlight outside. And epsom salt is magnesium. You don't want to soak them in that (it doesn't hurt them, but doesn't help either). You ideally want sea salt or rock salt. That type of salt is really good with neutralizing negativity. This is really important for protection stones because they are deflecting and absorbing negative energy all day for you.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
930 posts

@tigerlily:

I missed part of your question about being a medium and didn't want to appear rude. I know I'm an empath. Happy I also have a lot of psychic abilities that come and go including being clairaudient. For the last 10 years I have had regular run ins with paranormal activity at home and at other places. I'll quite often be at a restaurant with friends and my clairaudient ears will ring so loud that I can't concentrate on the conversations I'm having with my real life companions. I often wonder if deceased friends or loved ones of the people who I am dining with are trying to connect with me to communicate a message for me to share. But all I hear is buzzing and ringing so I probably just frustrate these ghosts and spirits. Sometimes they come at me repeatedly during a dinner or event and its very distracting when my clairaudience kicks in overrides the voices of the people who I am speaking with in real life. I usually have to ask my wife later what I missed in parts of the conversations at dinner. So I may have some mediumship potential but haven't figured that out yet. I feel like my psychic abilities are like a box of puzzle pieces that I have not yet figured out how to put it all together to figure out where I go from here.

I think all empaths have the ability to feel ghost & spirit energy. But for some reason, not all empaths do at their current stage of development. Most empaths are real good at feeling people energy and paranormal energy is hit or miss. I tend to pick up energy pretty well from both the living and the dead. But what drives me crazy is I rarely ever see a ghost. I can feel them enough to know they are near, and I can hear them moving around and banging on walls etc... I even sometimes can hear them calling my name or whispering at low audible. But I just can't see them. And that part frustrates me. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
443 posts
@hop-daddy do you soak them in salt water? Or just over a bead of salt? The jewelry I can't in salt water, the metals will tarnish, etc. The regulag I could. I currently live with my parents, so putting them outside not a great idea, my parents don't get it. Yes I need to move out, lol.

There is a class I went to a few times where this lady helps to enhance or master our gifts. Do they have anything like that in phoenix? I wouldn't know how to find classes like this as my friend found it. Do you know who's trying to communicate with you? I get ringing in my ears too. When I do, I feel like it's a women trying to communicate, or my guides, but not sure who this wOman is?
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
930 posts

@tigerlily:

I get the parent thing. That's pretty common so I know you'll need to be covert. The salt route may help you then. I usually place them in some cups of rock salt water and let them sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. You can probably set them under your bed just to hide them. There is something to the water with the salt that seems to really clean and energize crystals and stones. You can also lay your jewelry in a partially filled cup of rock salt (no water). That does help, but is not as effective as salt water. I would say probably the better option for the jewelry would be to find a way to let them sit in sunlight. (Btw, some people say their crystals do well sitting in moonlight, or in running water of a stream. That for whatever reason has not worked for me).

I do need to find a local teacher or mentor to help me figure some of this out. I just haven't known where to look yet. And I struggle with how busy I am with my day job, and family activities. 

I have no idea who is trying to communicate with me. It mostly feels like different contacts each time. I'm pretty sure the contacts are not guides. Both my kids have psychic skills and have seen ghosts in our homes quite often over the years. And they tell me that child ghosts will hang around for a few days at a time. But most of the others just pop in and usually don't stay long. Sometimes our home feels like a train station where things are coming and going. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
443 posts
@hop-daddy it sounds like you have extraordinary gifts and have passed them to your children. I know Sedona is about a 2-3 hour drive, would you go for a weekend if you can?

I will ask my friend how she located thsee classes and when I go next week I can inquire if this lady knows people in arizona. I believe she was just there.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 weeks ago
780 posts

Crazy experience @hop-daddy! I’m glad you were able to get rid of that one. My attachments have not gotten that violent....for me, they change the way I think and affect my demeanor and actions for the most part. Like picking up bad habits or as with one that I picked up...gave me a hatefulness towards the male gender. That one my husband literally witnessed when it attached....poor guy, lol. He was actually the one to suggest attachment, since this was early on discovering that I was an empath. I totally felt like it was my own thoughts....oh the fun of being an empath, lol.

@tigerlily....As for cleansing crystals, I usually charge them in the full moonlight, but I also use sunlight. On occasion I will put some of them in sea salt, others in running water. One thing that I do is give them a cedar box to live in. That seems to keep them protected and ready to go. The cedar acts as a protection shield from any outside negativity that they may soak up from the surroundings. It also promotes the drawing in of good energy. Have you ever noticed an abundance of cedar trees around cemeteries? That’s why, it’s also a really good smudge material. As with you, I also like Palo Santo, it leaves a nice aroma for the end of the smudge ceremony. Blessings

updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/26/18 07:59:10AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
930 posts

@tigerlily:

Thanks for helping find any referrals for me to contact. There are so many mystic fakers out there that I am really cautious.

@cat-whisperer:

That attachment story was my worst one. It dominated my personality and put me in a really dark place that was like a prison. It controlled my life and I was sinking. The biggest challange was realizing that I was an empath and understanding that I had one or more attachments sabotaging my life. I had to get caught up quickly on empathy, how to protect myself, and how to heal myself. And crystals and protection stones played a key role in that. But truth be told, it is almost impossible for empaths to have no attachments on a day to day basis. Because our auras are open and not shielded like regular people, its easy for entities to attach. Our auras are open by design so that we can easily receive and absorb energy. But this is also our greatest weakness and is the main reason I feel empaths who do not know how to shield need to make use of crystals and protection stones to help them out.

The more basic ghost attachments typically hang around the surface of our aura and feed off our energy. There are a lot of attachments that I would characterize as relatively harmless in that they don't have malicious intent. But when you are dead you stop producing energy. As a result, a ghost has to hang around the living to absorb energy to exist. And it's so much easier to siphon energy off of empaths. This is why we empaths tend to attract ghosts and entities more than the average person. But another category of ghosts or negative entities has more selfish and malicious intent. They want to drill deeper into your aura and get in your subconscious. I think the energy is stronger the deeper they go. And they can get a form of minor possession at that point. Or maybe I should not use the possession word, but the influencer word. When they get in deep they can influence your behavior and thoughts. As an example, when I had that really dark attachment, my mind told me every day that I was a worthless failure, and that I should despise be on guard with my friends and loved ones. I had a general sense that everyone was out to get me. That voice in my head was the attachment making subtle suggestions that influenced my behavior and caused my vibration to sink lower by the day. And I became an empath in reverse where I caused people around me to experience my negative energy. And all my relationships suffered. This was my worst attachment. I've also had other more minor ones that also influenced my behavior by putting words and ideas in my head that made me overreact negatively to situations with anger or jealousy when I am not normally that person. Ghosts and negative entities can hear our thoughts and can put words in our heads. They know what to say that we relate to and that triggers us to have low energy thoughts and emotions. This is perhaps more common for me since I am clairaudient. But what was hard for me was that these negative thoughts in my head were in my own mind voice. So it took me a while to discern what were my own thoughts, and what was the result of a nearby ghost or attachment inserting thoughts into my mind. What I've now noticed is that when I get really charged up about something emotionally out of nowhere and get a voice in my head, I now try to pause and analyze is this really "how I'm feeling" or am I being influenced? And I've now started catching myself about to overreact and be an over sensitive jerk about something trivial due to voices that are playing with my mind.

I probably sound crazy. But I've done a lot of research on this topic. So long story short, it is very easy for empaths to get attachments that may at times influence our behavior or drain our energy. And if you are an empath who is all of a sudden feeling really fatigued during a good day of people energy, it is quite possible that you may have multiple attachments that are draining you. And while protections stones don't create an air tight shield against ghosts and attachments, they do make a big difference. Anyway, sorry for my lengthy post. I'm pretty passionate about this subject since it hits close to home for me (no pun intended). :)

P.S.- I am happy to report that I also get good voices in my head that are also not my own thought. I like to think that they are my spirit guides but I don't yet know the source. But the good voices typically suggest that I do something nice for someone. I'll get a thought that "Kevin in the office needs cheering up, go ask him how he's doing and crack a joke and make him feel that someone cares". When those positive voices hit me I'm usually busy with something and haven't consciously noticed that someone is feeling down or hurt around me. I then follow the message and I can't fully explain in words what a joy it is to see someone go from sad to a happy high in seconds. It's almost as if when I get these messages, I'm given a little extra happy dust to sprinkle on that person. Because it's magical what happens. So thank God (literally) that I also get voices in my mind that are positive as well and full of light and love.

updated by @hop-daddy: 10/26/18 09:49:27AM
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 weeks ago
780 posts

@hop-daddy....I can so relate to everything that you mentioned in your reply. The voices...not really a voice but more like telepathic information for me, for a lack of a better description. Yes, they directly affect your actions....and thoughts. The one last year, the suicide victim...I started smoking and drinking, and I hadn’t done those things for years. It was as if he did not want to give up his habits, but rather experienced those through me. Like you though, I do experience the good things....like random acts of kindness out of nowhere. It is magical to see how these acts really brighten a person’s day....the beauty of being an empath ☺️. I can now pretty much discern the personality changes as linked to deceased ones. I still struggle with discerning the energy drains though. Mostly because of the living situation at my home...with my son still here and also my husband. I have become very aware that unfortunately they are both energy drains. I have found that I have to spend a few days away from them at a time to clear myself.....balance, center and ground. My crystals help, but not as effectively as they should under normal circumstances. Otherwise I also pick up theirs deep dark buried issues. I have tried discussing this with them so they can address their issues, but they are unconsciously aware of the issues buried, or so they say. Denial pops into my head. With my son also....he is a notorious projector, which doesn’t help. Up until the time my son moved in I was totally unaware that my husband was an energy drain....until I had two under the same roof. I have become very aware since now I’m on “high alert” with the both of them. As for deceased people...not sure, although on occasion I will get drained but then struggle to place whether they are from the dead or perhaps someone that I just had contact with. The struggle is real, lol

Blessings

updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/26/18 11:39:10AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
930 posts

@cat-whisperer:

Wow. So when your personal behavior starts changing and you smoke, drink, or do drugs outside your normal routine, that is very much probably an attachment. And pardon the pun, but you are dead on that the suicide guy did not want to give up his habits and tried to seek them through you. As I noted in my above post, he liked your empath energy and found it easy to attach. And he is attaching to you to try to get you to chase the high and evironment that he once had so that he can capture those old feelings. That's very smart of you to have figured out what was happening.

One more thing on attachments is they will often jump person to person in search of a better match or opportunity for what they want. You could simply be going on a flight or grocery store and pick up something. I have heard from shamans and professional psychics that they have to be on guard as they are always capable of inadvertantly picking up an attachment.

On the draining part, I think that's often the reality of being an empath. And if you have the gift where you can connect to the spirit world like you and I do, then you're potentially drained by both the living and dead on a daily basis. Like you I often have trouble knowing who is taking from me. I have two empath teenagers under roof so there's a lot of moodiness and action at my house. But I feel my dark protection stones and selenite really help me with that. And my go to on a bad empath day is always a salt bath. It's amazing how well that rebalances my energy and sheds the bad energy. Have you ever tried that?

And for your house with your son and husband, you may want to strategically place some calming crystals  throughout the house. Crystals like rose quartz and amethyst can chill out a place and help people be on better behavior. I've seen that work first hand.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
930 posts

Here's a good article that better explains why ghosts seek empaths to attach, and how to deal with that:

https://www.annasayce.com/encounters-with-ghosts/

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
443 posts
You both! OMG that is insane!!! Are there other things you pick up on to know you have an attachment?

This all has me so curious now. I get emotional swings here and there, but I also have a hormonal imbalance. But also, where I work and live with all the energies, that when I remove myself from it I feel fine. Or is it past life?

Hearing you both speak about your experiences had me wondering just how close my deceased uncle is. He was a big drinker and smoker and really didn't put up with people's shit. One thing to note, he never had a daughter and wanted one and i was like the daughter he never had. With all the not nice things happening to me at work, I can see how his anger and rage would come through to me and my desire to smoke and drink increase. But I'm also myself, and don't believe anyone should have to deal with this. So could very well be my own angers too when enough is enough. Is there something else I should be looking for? Or just hard to say?
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 weeks ago
780 posts

@hop-daddy, yes salt baths are also my go to on a regular basis. I prefer Himalayan sea salt...Dr. Teal’s Pink Himalayan mineral soak is the best...has a nice citrus oil also. As for stones, I have a half geode of amethyst on my nightstand (helps with nightmares also) as well as a half geode of clear quartz in my room. I had given my son a big chunk of rose quartz that he has in his room, although I don’t think he has been cleansing it as he should. On occasion I will place my selenite wands around as well. @tigerlily, as for your uncle, I haven’t seen or heard of relatives attach per se, but they will look over you...especially if there is a bond...as like the daughter he never had. Blessings

updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/28/18 01:03:27PM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book