Have you ever heard of Clairgustance and Clairsalience?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 days ago
897 posts

I came across this article and it caught my eye. I have never heard these two terms before. But upon reading the article I realized that I get Clairsalience all of the time. Clairgustance deals with taste, and is not one that I have encountered. But has anyone else experienced these? Here's the article:

https://www.annasayce.com/the-forgotten-clairs-clairgustance-and-clairsalience/

updated by @hop-daddy: 10/13/18 08:15:44AM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 days ago
425 posts
I have heard of this and experienced it. Just never put a name to it. I have smelled my grandmas, and sometimes I get such urges to eat certain foods as example. The foods usually have a relation to the person I connect with. In my old apt I used to used to smell cinnamon rolls. In one area of the apt only. I was to frightened at that time to figure it out who it's from. I'll get smells from time to time wherever I go that don't make sense or if others don't smell it. Sometimes I even have cravines fir a food and can taste it, and only to find the person 20ft away from me has a craving for it :) Joys of living in a big city :(
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 days ago
1,326 posts

Thanks for this. I had just been wondering if the weird things I've been smelling that cannot possibly be there are spirit induced. Today I smelled nail polish remover in 2 rooms of the house and I do not use it due to chemical sensitivity. We don't have any in the house.

I don't have the other one and have not heard of that, except for in a few heart transplant patients who crave foods their donor ate that they had not liked before. It is interesting that it seems to only be heart transplants that pass that along, as far as I know. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 days ago
897 posts

I thought the article was interesting just to put a name to these skills. In the article the example she gave for Clairgustance was when she does a reading and starts tasting cigarettes when a spirit who smoked in life comes through. I don't know what other examples there are for Clairgustance because what else would you pick up on? I guess maybe a spirit that was an alcoholic would come through as tasting like alcohol. But aside from that, what other examples are there? But it is interesting. Clairsalience on the other hand is something that I have had experiences with now and then. I have over the years smelled everything from perfume and cologne to cigarettes and B.O. in certain areas of my home. What's interesting about that to me is that I often have year round allergies and have a blunted sense of smell. But when it comes to Clairsalience, the smells come right through.

One example is that I heard a woman humming in my kitchen when no one else was in the house but me and my dogs. And my dogs were really uncomfortable with what they heard. When I walked into the kitchen to investigate, the humming stopped. But there was a lingering perfume scent left behind. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 days ago
425 posts
I started practicing readings with a group. And I kept tasting mashed potatoes. Delicious ones I may add. Turns out the girl was hosting a dinner and potatoes were on the menu. I did smell the ocean once in my bedroom. I was like wtf, I'm over 1000 miles away from salt water. It lingered for like 10-15 minutes. I then thought of a friend who moved to the west coast, and after that thought the smell of ocean went away. (My friend is alive) In that case what would that mean? Is that maybe a connection of some kind to my friend? Like they were communicating it was boating time?

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book