Can a Narcissist be an empath?

So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
3 weeks ago
36 posts

I just went through a very painful experience where I thought I was talking to an empath.  An empath who I honestly thought was extremely nice, helpful and enlightening but now I am not so sure. After everything that was said it feels like it was a witch hunt. I am still unsure what they wanted but I was taught in school to protect all personal information about those around me, so I was made out to be a horrific monster. Whatever!

I am just extremely sad and disappointed not because of the attack but because I believe they were being sincere in their information about empaths and hopefully help learning to control it. Also I assumed we were connecting as friends which it turns out that I was just a fool to believe a friendship was possible. Lesson learned!

I am still trying to understand empaths as I have only accepted that I am one. Can a Narcissist be an empath? Are there evil empaths? Why would an empath hurt another empath knowing how much we feel? How can an empath supposedly know what another empath is truly feeling when the only thing connecting them is an internet connection at 2 points in the world? The tears have been wiped away and now I just am hopeful that someone has advise on how to protect myself from ever feeling this way again. 

I am looking for other methods than meditation, I know that is the most recommended but I need to learn how to control the empath part before I can master meditation or visualization. Those will be on my to do list to learn next. 

updated by @so-exausted-from-users: 09/05/18 06:49:48AM
krosskelt
@krosskelt
3 weeks ago
62 posts

In my opinion. Being an empath is something you are born with, it does not stop one from learning to be a narc, a sadist, or anything that might be viewed as evil.

Accepting and learning to love yourself is the first step to becoming an enlightened empath.  I find that when I am having difficulty dealing with others emotions, that one of my chakras are out of balance.  There is such a thing as having a chakra too open and it being over active, so the focus should be on opening closed ones and balancing them all out.  Learn to ground, balance, release or transmute unwanted emotions, and cut cords with toxic connections.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
These are things I've tried that have worked for me.

Salt baths
Crystal's
Metallotherapy
Diet change
Cold showers(with focus on the spin, the cold helps energies release more easily)

Sitting with the feelings(hurts like hell sometimes, however it does give the energies the space to do whatever they need to do)

Copper on the back of the neck
Icepack on the back of the neck.
Fasting
Few days off and some solitude if possible
Cbd if possible
Big bowl of fruit
Body cleanse
World fast( no TV, phone, people, food?, no noise for at least 8 hours)

And imagination (creating a safe place or person in you head and being with that moment
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
Basically I have found that if I get my body into a healthy state physically, than when I get hit with overload it doesn't knock me out.

In fact I'm overloaded today and it's noticeable. However some more recent changes I have made have really turned things around for me.

I was around a lot of pain yesterday and am still around lots of pain this morning and it is taking its toll.

My favorite new addition are my Tibetan healing rings. I feel like these things have opened up a new world. People's outlook toward me has changed as well as my ability to handle the emotional rollercoaster that is being an empath.

Wish you the best.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 weeks ago
966 posts
I got hit with something last night as well while at work...hit me right in the shoulder....that seems to be where all links and connections go to...I was talking to someone who was being a doofus but nothing really bad and wham...hit me hard and not sure if it's from a human or something else.
Anyway narcessist are a type of empath..they use energy just as we do...they're looking for victims,though , to hurt rather than heal...I don't think a lot of them know what they are so are not aware the there are empaths who can detect them...their energy will always tell me what they are as their energy causes me a lot of pain...the best way to heal yourself is to learn how you respond and be sure about you in those instances when you are in their presence...get away as fast as you can...and take time to clear all energy connections they hit you with...it's those connections that transfer their energy to you, that's how they drain one of energy at a distance...pull out the roots from your energy and then relax and take the baths...learning how to do energy work on yourself will help you immensely...
So_exausted_from_users
So_exausted_from_users
@so-exausted-from-users
3 weeks ago
36 posts
Thanks guys..
There is a lot of interesting information here and non of it has to do with meditation or visualization which I am extremely thankful for.

The first thing I did do when I realized that this person just didn't understand the damage to my emotional state was I blocked them and erased every communication I had with them. Clean break with nothing to remind me of the pain. So yes I agree with everyone that stopping the toxic connection asap was/is extremely important. If only it was as easy to erase it from the mind as it is electrically life would be so simple but hours later it was still eating at me so I am happy my instinct was to ask for help and you guys replied. Thank you.

There is a few things I would love to try but do to health/medical issues I just can't. Cold and my body don't get along at all. The cold hurts the nerve damage in my legs that health problems have created or I would try those methods, they sound as if they could help.
I have very limited control over my diet and due to health reasons I mostly am only able to use doctor prescribed meal replacement and I drink mostly only water with something like pop or juice once every couple of weeks. I can sometimes eat food if it is very soft so for now adjustments to my diet are very limited, but I agree what goes into your body can effect a person lots.
As for disconnecting myself from all noise and people it just isn't an option available for me. Being a mom means sometimes 5 mins of alone time has the same odds of winning the lottery but at the end of the day I wouldn't give it up for anything. My kids are older so I can get breaks but they are at times my biggest frustration however they are always my greatest reward and I would be lost without them even if that means that personal time may not happen. But I do agree disconnecting helps even if it is just grabbing the kids and going for a 10 min walk. I am just worried at times cause I don't want my negative experiences to hurt them. My oldest is a strong empath like me and my youngest is a sensitive. Just learning that I am one has helped explain so much through my life time and with them both as teens at times I couldn't understand where their strong emotions came from, breakdowns over the weirdest things however as I realized the empath in me it clicked like a huge light what was happening with them. They have both always been so close to me but now they realize that they are not alone nor going crazy and everything that they experience is possible a stronger bond has been created between myself and each of them. The oldest feels my pain and I would love to find a way to block the energy I give off as I work through things in my life so I don't hurt them. My youngest picks up on the negitivity energy vibrations and knows when emotional pain is headed towards us. I have done the same thing all my life and I used to swear I was going crazy. If there is a way to help block the negitivity energy vibrations I would love to give that gift to my youngest.

@krosskelt - How do you close your chakras? I know that my heart is the most open and I now feel emotional pain as actual physical pain in my heart. I would love not to actually close it but shrink the amount energy going through it at times. I was give a gift by the universe to have a connection with another person via our heart Chakra's. It is like empath abilities multipled with this person as we both vibrate on the same frequency so I don't ever want to be ungreatful I received this person in my life but there are times I wish I could control the energy from them as we are trying to understand what is happening to us and learn more about each other. I am fully aware that all my chakras are set on fully open, I have just never figured out how to close them so any advice would be great.

@crystalsage - I am into crystal healing and I have them all around me. There are some of wear as jewelery, I have a selection I always carry with me in my pockets. A few years ago the kids and I had the opportunity to go to an amethyst mine and we found a box full of different ones that spoke to us. They are now everywhere in my home including under my pillow. I couldn't believe how much they have helped control the night terrors I have suffered from past trama / PTSD. Is there a crystal that u know of that helps empaths? I was told wearing onyx helps empaths block negative energy vibrations however after several months of wearing both a bracelet and I have a pendant I don't notice a difference in helping block negative energy. I do notice it helps with other areas. I do discharge and recharge my crystals every few weeks.
What is CBD? How do you use metallotherapy? The Tibetan healing rings sounds extremely interesting. I am going to have to look into the costs and how to use them.

@womanwhowalks - I live in my bathtub, the heat helps with the nerve damage. I am wondering what you use in your bathwater to help release the negative energy? Depending upon my mood I have everything from bubble bath to coconut oil to different scented Epson salts. I have even tried scented teas in the water to see if the scents can help with the nerve pain. I can't actually stand the taste of tea but some of the scents are really nice. How do you use the bath to release the negitivity energy. I am thinking since I am in the bath anyway all the time maybe I can get an extra benefit of releasing my negative energy.

Thank you again for your kindness and help...
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
Black tourmaline
Black kyanite
Jet(which is actually tree fossil but gem stores sell it)
Selenite
Malachite
Shungite

This is pretty much what I use. I place them along the length of my spine, under my feet, in my hands, or around the solar plexus area.

I find them more effective when they are cold to start. Once they get pretty warm I remove them
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
Cbd is one of the found in marijuana plants.

It's typically used for anxiety/depression or pain. It's not psychoactive, so you can work or whatever else you feel like doing.

@hop-daddy post a link to cbd gummies he found. Because it is taken from hemp, it can be sold anywhere in the US.

There are also topical creams that have some of the same results.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
878 posts

@so-exausted-from-users:

I think you guys covered this pretty well. But the litmus tests for empaths is that we always think of others before ourselves. Narcs are the opposite, they are always looking out for themselves and what they can take in every situation. But narcs in trying to attract an empath can be quite charming and a bit of a chameleon. They can act like someone else if that's what it takes to ensnare an empath. So you can sometimes have a narc act like an empath early on. But soon enough you'll see them for who they are.

This is not say empaths are perfect angels. We're only human and can have our own selfish moments. But at our core, we're the ones who will give the shirt off our backs to help someone.

On the topic of CBD gummies, they are legal and can ship to all 50 states since the oil is derived from hemp oil. I struggle as an empath with nervous energy from others on airplanes. So I tried these gummies out and they worked really well. I also had them on another day when I was pretty stressed out. They just chill you out and get you a little numb. But its a functional numb where you can still talk and drive. It's very interesting how they work and make you feel. Here's a link:

https://forsundayscaries.com/

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
Metallotherapy uses how the different metals affect the body, to heal it.

Copper is a popular one. There are many products ,that are meant to ease pain, which contain copper.

I recently bought some rings and bracelets. I was really surprised at how much they helped.

The back of my neck is where energy can get stuck. I have been placing a peice of copper right where my neck and shoulders meet and it feels great. I tried it today while I was overwhelmed and it calmed me down almost instantly. The only problem was that once I removed it the effect only lasted temporarily. Since I had a collared shirt on, I figured no one would notice I taped a peice of copper to my neck.

I began to relax. The tension in my head released. I could just feel my self slowly getting better. I liked it so much I went back and added another peice.

I'm still in the research and experiment phase. I am enjoying what I have been learning.

So far everything I have tried has worked. It's hard to find a lot of info online but it's there.
krosskelt
@krosskelt
3 weeks ago
62 posts

I'm probably not the best teacher of working with chakras.  What I do is make sure they are open, which anymore they usually are.  I try to balance them and make sure that, in my mind's eye, they are not radiating outside of my body.  I try to keep them about the size of a softball, so they are not overactive unless I need them to be for whatever reason.  To get them to reduce I just concentrate on sharing the energy with any that might be under active, or I let the excess energy flow out when I cleanse my aura.  My understanding is basic and only the little knowledge of how I work with them.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
409 posts
@so-exhausted-from-users you have a lot of a great advice. :)

Eating a well balanced diet
Exercise
Nature
Healing crystals
Baths/being in water
Reiki
Chakra balancing

Are all great go to's.

The pain you are feeling isnt going to go away today or tomorrow but it will pass soon. Im sorry that this had happened today and my heart hurts. If it's a lot right now to bear I'd go and get a Reiki session if you can or some kind of energy healing. Those have always really helped me during stressful times. I started going to bed at night with a few crystals under my pillow. That along with wearing them and a diet has helped me since the weekend. (I had a huge meltdown lol)
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 weeks ago
966 posts

Well...what I mean is that 1st you do some energy work to help heal the damage the narcessist has inflicted on you....then take a bath to help heal the wounds...and refresh yourself...I like to use Epsom salts as well...and bubbles...sometimes I'll throw in some herbs...white sage mostly or some cedar...soap wise I found a lovely liquid soap with white sage and for a change liquid soap with ginger and patchouli...I really like how that one works..I love white sage too...I clear my house with a smudge...I don't do it as much i used to...but sometimes after work before bed I'll light one when I'm feeling a bit low...if you want I can help you clear your energy just so you can feel what I mean about removing energy cords at the energy level...and then you can figure out how you want to do that....but sometimes feeling it is necessary to understand....talking about it sometimes isn't enough....

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/06/18 01:27:55AM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book