Vegan diet

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts

Okay, so I have fasted with great results. 

I have learned that a vegan diet suits me best. Also one that contains no processed/ boxed foods.

Everything I eat is either a fruit or vegetable with some herbs. Basically a plant based living diet.

I have allowed myself cheat days where I can eat what I want. However it is becoming less worth it to eat that way.

I feel a thousand times better and I still fast once a month now.

This feel like good living. It's not easy still miss a lot of foods. However the results are priceless!

updated by @crystalsage: 09/05/18 11:12:30AM
GardenTiger
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
3 weeks ago
17 posts
Amen to that! I‘m a vegan as well and I never felt better. Also enhanced my empath skills tremendousl
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
876 posts

@crystalsage & @gardentiger:

Some empaths are very sensitive to animal energy in meat. I wonder if that's why Vegan makes you feel better and more energized? Because biologically, humans are supposed to ingest meat protein as a main staple. So I'm curious on the vegan move for you two? Unless of course you have allergies or stomach issues that are better suited for a veggie diet.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
@hop-daddy.

It's not just meats that get me. It's also bread and pretty much anything processed.

To get my proteins in I consume a lot of nuts and seeds. I also did a ton of research before deciding. It is possible to achieve a balanced diet on fruits and veggies. There are a lot of fruits that are good sources of protein and fats. Avocado for example is a good source of both, as well as lots of dried fruits.

I hear you about the biology part as well. In some articles it says that it's better to look for food sources that our ancestors would have had easy access to.

I just know I feel great!
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
409 posts
Me too! I'd like to know about the processed foods for you. I can talk about mine, but mine is mostly due to a medical condition and goes to a different level of past life stuff and this life. And among others. But if anything processed foods cause me much anxiety as a start, and destroy the body. And as emapths, we really don't need more of that :)

I currently have reactive hypoglycemia/insulin resistance caused by PCOS. My guides told me recently was given this condition so I do not have children this life, and to eat foods of the earth for nutrients due to the effects the body can suffer from empathic abilities. As well as high endurance to sustain a vast amount of physical activity to aid in clearing of energy. Some also due to past life stuff/karma. I'm OK with it all that I understand now. If I didn't cut my carb count and increase protein I would turn diabetic by now and not fulfilled my life's purpose. The stamina to stay fit, I'm still working on that piece with my nutty job lol. (Which I know is not the plan, still trying to find the right plan)

I have read many empath's feeling energy from the meats we consume and going vegan or vegetarian has worked the best for them, and how much better they feel. For me, I feel my empathic abilities have grown since moving to a low carb diet, but high in meat protein. I need at least 100 grams of protein a day to not suffer low blood sugar and under 75 carbs/sugar combined. IncLuding fruit in those macros. Dont get me wrong, there have been times when i ate chicken or a steak, and i felt "off" And then I will stay away from those 2 sources for several days and consume fish or turkey or omlettes, until i feel Ok to consume again. I have switched brands as well. I honestly think it's the cheaper quality meat I feel it from due to how the animals are treated resulting in that. Example, my mom buys her stuff from a store affordable to her. I just can't eat the salmon she cooks. The package says wild caught, but honestly I think it's farm raised and the packaging is a lie. Where I buy my salmon and consume, I feel more alive because I believe that is true wild caught, and not a bunch of fish raised in a tank and fearing.

I'm curious to know how you and others and diet are different, and possibly a deeper meaning???
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
I'm not completely sure what it is about processed food.

I remember having a conversation with a cook about pasteurized foods. He said the process actually kills all the vitamins and nutrients that the food comes with as well as harmful bacteria. Then vitamins are reintroduced into the food.

Then I think back to a seminar that was lead by a dietitian. She explained that the problem with supplements is that not all people are able to process the. Sometimes the body simply doesn't recognize them.

With starvation mode the body takes certain steps to survive. My new diet is making curious about exactly how starvation mode is triggered. Is it just a lack of food or is it because of lack of nutrient being recieved.

I've never really done well with pills in general. I seem to process and benefit more from natural food and remedies.

I think it's possible that my body just can't process, those kinds of foods.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
409 posts
Yes!! That is the other thing, how other's prepare the food. I guess now we can tell the world "it was made with love" comes from on items that are delicious haha! It totally makes sense on what you are saying about process foods. I'm sure those that work in the factories have bad days, or hate their job, etc. Aside from all the preservatives and what not in those foods are bodies can't digest and just get absorbed etc.

I've heard people go on starvation fasts to kick start their metabolism, along with trying to get their bodies back on tract or for cleansing. After a few days people have reported feeling amazing and continue longer.
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
3 weeks ago
145 posts

How old are you and what is your body type/how is your metabolism? What do you drink during the fasting days? How long do you, can you, or did you fast?

Before I even or ever started thinking this was a good idea, I did it, but I blamed stress. 

It worked and I felt interesting but I did not "fast" for long at a time (15 hrs max probably), and I definitely don't really like the sensation anymore now. I have always been lean, and I never liked eating cooked animal fat (only raw or for example prepared with herbs and in brine and kept in cold :) like they do with pig fat/ham) so my body doesn't have much stored to both be active/have an alert mind and not eat anything. 22 here. Impossible for me, unless I ate a lot for two months and fasted the third or something like that, with the requirement that the food was highly nutrition/good/and not much processed or prepared from shitty "mistery dust" in factories. Or maybe in a very cold country especially during winter, as I tend to get cold easier than others when temps drop and that would spark some metabolic needs. Another way would be if I had the most relaxed time of my life and didn't have to think much, as the brain takes it all ;). I also think that in developed countries and especially in the west, the access to organically grown, highly nutritious VEGETARIAN foods is limited, and is one of the downsides of food mismanagement/waste and lack of recycling. Same for very developed cities, where you're left with healthier animal alternatives unless you have an impressive income and afford to buy all the imported quality goods. So it comes down to sensitivity (physical or emotional/related to heightened perception or manifesting medical condition) towards meat etc more than anything else to make you quit eating meat given the above factors.

I'm not falling for any pre packaged "healthy veggie burgers" & "drinks" and I oftentimes find the smell of bottled "original indian sauces/mixes" awful. In fact, unless you're getting your soy milk from some kind of special farm or big asian store directly, there's absolutely no soy milk alternative commercially sold that has over 8% actual soy milk, and it's processed. Yet another trick on the market to fool people to drink what is essentially flavoured water with added lab vitamins. I still prefer full fat milk (4% or more) over skimmed highly heated homogenized etc etc milk. I'm still firmly convinced it's the processing and heat treatment of everything that makes a product bad, as in the original state it comes with all the good stuff (boiling unpasteurised milk from a cow is a must though, of course, for safety reasons, unless you can test it everytime and make sure it's safe). But then you remember about the "lovely" food they eat and hormones/antibiotics they receive... way to go, capitalism. Not one should be falling for the "but otherwise there wouldn't be enough for everyone" either as that is a fictive excuse and people have always had more than they can chew, but greediness stood and still stands in the way of sustainable progress. Sure, there were some goat and sheep (commercially viable) alternatives, if you buy directly from farms, which are a bit better than cow now days, but depends. 

But you (or anyone) shouldn't be discouraged from becoming vegetarians by what I write if you know you do have healthy alternatives where you live, of course. For "reference" purposes, I've only lived and travelled through Europe : )

updated by @kate: 08/31/18 02:42:49AM
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
3 weeks ago
145 posts

Ah, that is true. I also think that fasting is good for the body and mind of a healthy individual, or to achieve it. If you think about it, animals have to regularly fast in the wild, and we probably did that too at the beginning of times. Just not done in excess or forced, I would say. A lot of religions do suggest vegetarianism or fasting at certain times of the year, and it has to do with controling yourself, remaining focused, to "cleanse" your body and notice the sensations and changes.

Still couldn't do it myself though at this point in life because I don't have enough resources stored in my body anymore xD but I can shut down the sensation of hunger and go for half a day without food, or more if needed.

updated by @kate: 08/31/18 05:48:42PM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
197 posts
I'm 31, I started fasting a few months ago. I really enjoy it.

I fast to give my body a break. The goal is to give my body time to focus on inward healing.

I do water fast. I've tried the juice fast. I don't like them. I don't feel the same benefits.

I usually flush my system beforehand to get the most out of my fast. My fast usually last for 2 days although my ultimate goal is to go three days.

My body gets cold while I fast but it feels good. It's the same feeling as inflammation leaving a swollen body part. It's never been about losing weight for me.

Fasting is what inspired me to switch to a vegan diet. I noticed how certain foods affect my mood. I would go from being able to handle anything which is rare, to being overloaded 10 minutes after eating a peice of bread.

The only thing that does not kill my stamina are fruits and vegetables.

I also like that I smell better in general. Not to say that I smelled bad before lol. I've just noticed that my sent, skin, and energy have greatly change. I also sleep better and ground much easier.

I have honestly come to view some foods as addictive. Regular coffee drinkers, for example, go through withdrawal when they go without coffee.

Imo I don't think we should be consuming things that take the body through withdrawal. At least not regularly or in large amounts.

Now this change is still new, and I am still going through my withdrawal period. So I have days where I break my diet. However the pain that follows is motivating me to keep the commitment.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
409 posts
I agree, don't step on the scale. It becomes obsessive, and if it goes up 3-5lbs it can be discouraging. It shouldn't because it's water. I have a friend who lost 3lbs in a week, and was excited. I was excited for her too! She was eating right and walking more, and in a week felt better. Then a few day's after those 3lbs, she is up 5lbs and got discouraged and upset and wanted to cry. I think it was after her cheat day. I tried telling her that was mostly water weight and the body needs time before it starts burning fat and not get discouraged, and well,,,, I was the bad guy because I didn't know what I was talking about and that a cheat day is deserved, and that I didn't know how hard dieting is, and that I'm not empathetic, LOL. Yet she forgets I struggle with mine the past several years due to the hypoglycemia and know all about water weight gain and loss during cycles. Yet, I went very low carb for half a year. I couldnt cheat at all until I got some regulation back to my pancreas. No Pizza, cookies, fries, wine, etc, any of that. No cheat days for me. Yet somehow I didn't understand how hard it is, LOL.
I too don't really set goals anymore after that intense low carb for months. As long I eat right, stay within a lower end of the carb scale, and exercise, it comes off in due time. And I honestly feel like a million bucks. The JUNK! Omg the junk is my weakness when waves of stress come. There are days I'm to exhausted to ground myself so I have cheese, chips, and wine. OK sometime a frozen pizza. This is what I have to work on more.
I tried fasts, and nearly passed out the first day. When I finally learned of my condition my Dr strongly advised against it. She does admit the health benefits of it, just not with my condition and strongly against me doing it. :( If you can do it and are OK on it go for it! Many friends of mine have done them and felt tremendous after. My one friend always suggest's drinking alkaline water for best results on fast, guess regular water didn't produce same results.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 weeks ago
409 posts
Being out is very hard. It's carbs everywhere. I struggled in the beginning alot. Always had some kind of snacks on me. Mostly nuts and nut bars. Now I'm OK with having some carbs, but I can't just have all carbs. My glucose will start plummeting with an hour.
I'm lucky I haven't turned diabetic yet. Sticking to low carb has helped with that. Reactive hypoglycemia is the diagnosis I have, and it was interesting reading others talk about it on forums. You never feel full from carbs, it's strange.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
876 posts

I wanted to pass on a positive article on fasting:

https://tiny.iavian.net/ol08

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book