Left, right, or both

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
200 posts

Has anyone noticed a particular fondness for either their left or right hand with regards to energy work?

Is there one side that you notice is better for giving vs. Recieving energy?

Do both sides function about the same for you?

I have noticed for myself that my right hand tends to suck up any energy it comes into contact with. Great when I'm playing around with crystals. Not so great when I am out in the world. 

When I need to get ride of excess energy it's much easier to do with my left hand.

I am also wearing more of my protective stones on my right and there is a major difference. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
933 posts

@crystalsage:

I recently read a book about protection techniques, and it said that it recommends wearing protection stones in your left pocket since low energy has been known to enter around the left hip area. I naturally keep protection stones on my left pocket so I was glad to hear that I picked the correct side. Interesting that you prefer them on the right.

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 months ago
780 posts
For me, it comes in on my left, leaves on my right. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I was born left handed. As far as crystals go, if I need the energy from it I will wear it on my left hand...if I need to send the energy out....right

With that said, I’m curious....were you born left or right handed?

Blessings
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
200 posts
@hop-daddy and @cat-whisperer

I favor my right but I have always been ambidextrous.

I enjoy coloring as a relaxing pass time. When I do it I actually use both hands and it just seems to be instinctive.

I have also always heard the left. So all this time I have been using the left.

However a few days ago I was holding a crystal in my right hand that needed to be cleared. Before I could put the crystal down I felt the energy flow out of the crystal into my body. I was actually a bit upset because I had just cleared that same energy out of my own body. I was also curious so I began to experiment.

I picked up crystals I knew where cleared. Held in my left hand I felt myself giving energy to the crystal. In my right hand i felt the energy pulled into. (Which feels much better when the crystal have been cleared)

I have made a lot of other changes. Diet, sleeping, time off taken to heal, I've added an aspect of metallotherapy and how I interact with people in general. These changes have made my sensitivity stronger, and I have had to coach myself through the changes.

So now I am really testing this new realization.

Since my right seems to be soaking things up, I have all my blockers on the right. I'm curious to see how I feel once I get home and over the next few days.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
933 posts

@cat-whisperer:

I'm right handed. For me energy comes in on the left, and exits my feet. I occasionally have energy leak from the top of my head when I am overloaded. But as far as I know, nothing comes out the right side of my body. Interesting how it works for you. 

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 months ago
780 posts
@crystalsage
I use both left and right too...although I was born a lefty, the school I went to made me use my right hand. I write with my right hand, but like you, some things just feel more natural using my left.
@hop-daddy
When I’m overloaded it seems to leak from everywhere....but if intentionally directing it, as like helping others, is when it comes from my right. Discovered this while sitting with terminally ill patients. First noticed this while sitting with my dying mother years ago....before I realized that I was an empath.
Blessings
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 months ago
200 posts
Energy doesn't leak out when I'm overloaded. It just seems to go deeper and get internalized. Then I implode. 😂

Or at least that's how it was. I don't implode anymore but the energy can get stuck.
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
3 months ago
80 posts

I am left handed and right brained. Made some test to determine which brain half I got, but the most effective way in my taste is just to close eyes, relax and feel which brain half you feel more. The one you perceive this world trough will be heavier, you will literally feel like it touches your skull from inside, while the other will feel empty or small, lighter. Feeling both means that you are equally using both halves.

This is pretty interesting topic. Never had thought about this before. About energy, now that I am sitting in cafe and I payed attention. I feel different flows better with my right side, and almost none of it with my left side. Tried to change position and sides and it was same. I especially feel flows with my arms. So I think it possibly has some connection with energy receiving and being left/right brained. Will pay more attention at this in future, will make some tests. Seems to me at this point, like my left hand can function as limb and right hand as antennae O_o

Maybe I should change wrists for my black tourmaline and hematite bracelet and see if there will be difference. Right now I am without them, but usually wear tourmaline on left and hematite on right.

@hop-daddy

"I occasionally have energy leak from the top of my head when I am overloaded."

I have the same. It feels like there is burning coal in head that emits heat from the top of it, except that coal is not hot. Also I noticed that during times like this I feel more of everything with my body.

"Interesting how it works for you."

I feel like I am receiving from right side and emitting from left side of my chest and hips.

@crystalsage

"It just seems to go deeper and get internalized."

Hmm. Interesting. For me I think I don't store energy in myself. It feels more, like I work like filter. Energy goes in and moment after leaves out in different form. I feel dirty and worn off from inside often. Now that I think...Mine not very positive mother tends to sit always on my right side, while some of my rare friends prefer to sit on my left side. I don't know if it has something to with it, but suspicious it is :E

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
449 posts
I LOVE this topic. I used to always wear everything on my right hand since I'm right handed. I have some protective stones that I wore on right. I used to tell my friend they are not working, I think they are fake. She then told me try wearing on your left hand. Well it has made a huge difference. I can mostly feel it on my left side.

Now I have a question about this. If I want to release the negative, I should wear on my right?? I've been making a lot of healing jewelry and wearing on my left that is more for anything positive related. I wouldn't be to happy if hematite or black tourmaline on my receiving left side is bringing me more negativity :)
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,353 posts

I also love this topic. It made me think about things I hadn't asked myself.

I am totally right handed, but notice I seem to give off energy with my right hand and take it on with my left. I seem to absorb negative energy into both arms, just below the shoulders, at least that is where I see it when I scan myself. 

Curious Child, thanks for the brain test. The left side of my brain feels much denser and heavier. The right side feels almost empty, lol. That fits my overly analytical nature. Since developing my intuitive abilities a lot more, I have deliberately used my right brain to make decisions though, finding it "smarter" than the logical left. 

I was using black tourmaline to help with suspected electrosensitivity aka EHS. It did not work. I tried holding it in my left hand yesterday, by accident, since I had to use the right one to operate the mouse. It really did help when in my left hand, confirming what TigerLily said.

A friend is having really serious EHS problems and she pointed out that I have more symptoms of it than she does, so I read an article about stones for EHS, and was sad to see that it says quartzes, except for smokey ones, can concentrate and draw in more electro smog! Rose and clear quartz are my go-to feel better stones. Generally, if you have this problem, black stones of all kinds seem to be best. 

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
200 posts
@tigerlily
This new realization has opened up a new way of thinking about and using crystals.

I am not completely sure what side you need to hold it on to release the negative energy. I am learning that everyone is different. So I do not think there is a universal set of instructions.

For myself I notice that the negative energy comes out of the back of my neck. Which is what makes things difficult for me. It's hard to find necklaces that center anything on the back of the neck. So at night when I lay down I place stones there.

What I can share is this. In the work I have been doing with metal therapy I am coming to an understanding of how energy moves.

If we think of it in terms of electricity, which is essentially energy, conductivity becomes important.

Conductivity simply being ease at which engergy can move.

To use an example for clarity I'll tell you about my necklace. It is a black kyanite stone, which I never used to be able to wear continuously through the day. It would get to heavy with energy. I would have to take it off to give it a break. I have recently added a copper necklace to it and now I can wear the necklace all day.

Another thing I am noticing that as I make progress using stones and metals at time it can seem like I have gone backwards. However what is happening is that my awareness is growing. Which is why, while it may feel at times like I have gone backwards I still feel differently.

@chesire-cat.

I agree with you about the black stones. They also seem to be able to hold more energy than most other stones.

I would also recommend looking into metal therapy. It's a could pairing with stones.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
449 posts
Sounds like a choker style necklace may sit right where you need it? Buy I know those can be uncomfortable too.

I'm going to pay better attention to this. I'm thinking mine is on my chest where I release. I always feel great wearing pendants.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
200 posts
Actually a choker is exactly what I want. I'm just having a hard time finding the right one.

I did more metal therapy last night. I must sat I feel great this morning.

For me when energy is being released from my body a lot of heat is produced. Does anyone else feel this?
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 months ago
449 posts
I get a lot heat on my stone pendants. Not all of them, just some of them.

You know what I'm doing right now? Feeling for hot and cold areas lol. Some are cold and some warm. My shoulders are cold and an inch away from there my back is hot and neck.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
977 posts

Hi...it seems at the moment my left hand is stronger in sensing energy...although I don't know if it's natural or not since I have metal pins and a plate in my right ankle. Since my right side is connected to the left side of my brain I assume I'm receiving more than what is considered normal through my left hand because of the metal in my ankle...sometimes I feel like an antenna...lol...My right hand feels calmer while my left is kind of off the charts...I read somewhere the left side is the negative side and the right side is the positive side...a lot of the stored negative energy I released came from my left arm and left side of my back..so perhaps there's a truth to that...lol...even without the plates in my body I've never been partial to wearing metal...except gold....its gotta be real gold , and even then I can only wear that for a short time...no earrings either...I love wearing rings but now with my being so sensitive to energy I'm having a difficult time with that too...so my stones have to be worn with hemp or carried in my pockets...lol

updated by @womanwhowalks: 09/17/18 01:53:35PM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book