Empaths vs. Narcissists?

leesita125
@leesita125
3 months ago
18 posts

Short and simple-Are there parallels between empaths and narcissists? 

updated by @leesita125: 09/05/18 11:15:51AM
Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
3 months ago
48 posts

Can you better define what you're looking for? Parallels as in similarities or like a repeating pattern of them being drawn to each other?

krosskelt
@krosskelt
3 months ago
62 posts

Yes it is well documented, and you can find lots of information on the empath/narcissist relationships with a google search.  It is just more information than one could put as a reply to this post.  If you have specific questions...that would be easier for us to help you with here.

updated by @krosskelt: 07/31/18 07:44:04AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
896 posts

The best way to describe it is as a yin-yang relationship where the two are opposites yet often intertwined. You will find that narcs seek out empaths, and empaths often are very attracted and attached to narcs (despite the danger).

leesita125
@leesita125
3 months ago
18 posts
Thank everyone for your responses. I guess what I am seeking to understand is are there similarities between narcissistics and empaths? Are narcissistis and empaths drawn to each other?
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 months ago
968 posts

Lol...yes...they are...why I have no idea...it just is...the only thing you need to do is to be able to recognize the narcessist so you don't get drawn in and are able to walk away as fast as possible...there are many different reasons as to why a narcessist is the way he/she is but it really doesn't matter...they exist and should be avoided but in the event you do have an experience you should learn how to heal yourself after your encounter...for me it's not the person themselves it's the energy that they emit while speaking and I can't help how I react...its instant dislike....I KNOW it's totally an un cool way to react but I cant help it...and I always feel bad because I feel compassion for these people but I just can't help it...and that's how I know I'm in the presence of one...lol...it sux...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 08/03/18 10:18:12PM
Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts

I was waiting a while to respond so I could better convey the concepts I am thinking about Narcs and Empaths. I think it may be appropriate to say they are a yin/yang of sorts? The universe seems to like pairing us with narcs.

<a

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/womanwhowalks>@womanwhowalks
[quote .there are many different reasons as to why a narcissist is the way he/she is but it really doesn't matter

You're right. I had to accept a lot time ago after trying to heal and fix a narc that they may have a reason to act the way they do - but it is NOT an excuse and it is NOT acceptable to treat someone the way they do.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
968 posts

No...its not...but they don't see it that way at all...and it's quite sad really that they don't get it and in the end they will drive everyone away with how they treat others and end up alone, bitter and angry and just dont get it...but it's something they cant control either so they're really screwed...you and I see that but they don't...its really quite sad...and your right we can't 'fix' them...they're here to learn something I think...but so are we....there's an energy that brings out the absolute worst in people, that they emit...it's painful to me and it's something that CAN'T be fixed....it simply is...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 08/05/18 01:02:56PM
Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 months ago
48 posts
I feel very strongly most empaths are here to learn that they can't fix or heal people. To learn to accept and release control. After an empath learns that they can continue to develop

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book