Empaths vs. Narcissists?

leesita125
@leesita125
3 weeks ago
10 posts

Short and simple-Are there parallels between empaths and narcissists? 

Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
3 weeks ago
48 posts

Can you better define what you're looking for? Parallels as in similarities or like a repeating pattern of them being drawn to each other?

krosskelt
@krosskelt
3 weeks ago
60 posts

Yes it is well documented, and you can find lots of information on the empath/narcissist relationships with a google search.  It is just more information than one could put as a reply to this post.  If you have specific questions...that would be easier for us to help you with here.

updated by @krosskelt: 07/31/18 07:44:04AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
862 posts

The best way to describe it is as a yin-yang relationship where the two are opposites yet often intertwined. You will find that narcs seek out empaths, and empaths often are very attracted and attached to narcs (despite the danger).

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 weeks ago
252 posts
Honestly speaking, I'm not a narc, but my life had I not understood my calling when it came, this could have well been myself, I do believe empaths can be narcs are have narcy tendencies and narcs be attracted to empaths too.. but narcyness can be on any level whether it's detriment to the self or others. Equally just as I believe there are good and bad empaths, that doesn't mean we can't change, if we're willing to.

But bear in mind if you focus on that solely you might get your answer, but depends on what is it about the parlelles you want to actually understand? which is usually the case for myself, but also how will you prepare to get out of that situation if you do find yourself in parallels with a narc?

This is something I struggled with in the beginning when I came on this site, though it's difficult to always answer repetead questions, I'll advise new empaths along the lines of chord cutting; this is not easy, by far one of the toughest challenges to face in the unseen aspect.

sometimes we can create those chords ourselves, and the more we try to come out of them depending who it is an what the situation is we can and what were utilising to cut those chords, actually can cause more harm to ourselves than good, and easily pin it under advancement in abilities. If we don't understand the process of how empathy works, then it becomes the dog eat dog world of advancement and a sense of superiority over those, creating the us Vs them vibes usually some empaths begin to fall into the traps of.

If I'm honest about something, and I'll give my tf as an example because I remember this and it seems to fit in for some reason, I went through a horrible episode of brain frazzle, because we live at a distance and we wanted to talk and some of that's between us, we couldn't, it got to a point I knew what his soul and heart was yearning for, though I knew why and what to do to make it go away, I used to listen to a lot of music as self healing and shifting my focus, not knowing that the ability we have as empaths signs us up for what we ask for in various ways, one of the songs I'd listen to, and it wasn't always to understand or heal it was out of frequencies and vibrations of others too, that I wasn't fully aware of, I believe it's some of the frequencies that I'd pledged to or believed in, or some part of me wanted, through heart and soul, not conciously aware, from the song only you by artist Ashanti, as much as we were attracted to each other in the beginning and still are, if i'd taken it upon myself to get stuck in something from the very beginning that was partially intentional but in a state of being high, months later for me, led to, believing in him being the cure by giving him what he wanted, both projection energies and self destruction, physical empathy and suffering at my own cost..
leesita125
@leesita125
2 weeks ago
10 posts
Thank everyone for your responses. I guess what I am seeking to understand is are there similarities between narcissistics and empaths? Are narcissistis and empaths drawn to each other?
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 weeks ago
955 posts

Lol...yes...they are...why I have no idea...it just is...the only thing you need to do is to be able to recognize the narcessist so you don't get drawn in and are able to walk away as fast as possible...there are many different reasons as to why a narcessist is the way he/she is but it really doesn't matter...they exist and should be avoided but in the event you do have an experience you should learn how to heal yourself after your encounter...for me it's not the person themselves it's the energy that they emit while speaking and I can't help how I react...its instant dislike....I KNOW it's totally an un cool way to react but I cant help it...and I always feel bad because I feel compassion for these people but I just can't help it...and that's how I know I'm in the presence of one...lol...it sux...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 08/03/18 10:18:12PM
Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 weeks ago
48 posts

I was waiting a while to respond so I could better convey the concepts I am thinking about Narcs and Empaths. I think it may be appropriate to say they are a yin/yang of sorts? The universe seems to like pairing us with narcs.

<a

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/womanwhowalks>@womanwhowalks
[quote .there are many different reasons as to why a narcissist is the way he/she is but it really doesn't matter

You're right. I had to accept a lot time ago after trying to heal and fix a narc that they may have a reason to act the way they do - but it is NOT an excuse and it is NOT acceptable to treat someone the way they do.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 weeks ago
955 posts

No...its not...but they don't see it that way at all...and it's quite sad really that they don't get it and in the end they will drive everyone away with how they treat others and end up alone, bitter and angry and just dont get it...but it's something they cant control either so they're really screwed...you and I see that but they don't...its really quite sad...and your right we can't 'fix' them...they're here to learn something I think...but so are we....there's an energy that brings out the absolute worst in people, that they emit...it's painful to me and it's something that CAN'T be fixed....it simply is...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 08/05/18 01:02:56PM
Chezarey
Chezarey
@chezarey
2 weeks ago
48 posts
I feel very strongly most empaths are here to learn that they can't fix or heal people. To learn to accept and release control. After an empath learns that they can continue to develop

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book