Human and Dolphin Empaths

Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 months ago
742 posts

I'm reading a book about dolphins and was amazed to discover that the area in the brain that controls empathy is much larger in dolphins than it is in humans. Then when I started to think about it actually made sense.

Researchers using MRI's of both human and dolphin brains have discovered that the area that controls empathy is much thicker and larger in dolphins than in humans. What this research says is that dolphins live their lives more on a level of we, or us, than do humans who live more on the level of I, or me. What this means is that dolphins have reached a level of social interaction that pretty much blows our social interaction out of the water. (Pun intended)

This actually made me wonder if perhaps human empaths are also people experiencing a growth of brain tissue in this same region of the brain that is so well developed in dolphins.

If that's true than you, or we, if I include myself, empaths are in fact the next level of evolution in the human race! 

I know many of you have trouble dealing with your emapthic abilities but you should be proud of the fact that you are in fact the for runners of the next generation of human evolution! 

JoniG
JoniG
@jonig
2 months ago
38 posts
This is a very interesting thought, thanks for sharing. I'm needing to ponder it further....
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
144 posts

This reminds me of a time when I fishing on the coast. I see these two dolphins playing really close by. They come close quite often actually, most just swim by to check us out, but these two were having fun. Someone had a dog that noticed the dolphins too. He was trying to get as close as he could to them without getting to far into the water. He so wanted to jump in and play with them. 

Dolphins are not the only sea creatures that are highly empathic. Octopus are as well. I saw an octopus being pet by his/her handler at an aquarium. It loved it. I could tell. 

I tend to believe all humans were empathic at some point in our distant evolutionary history. Then we developed language. After that, we wouldn't have to be empaths anymore. A sociopath could manipulate others with words and we would look to one as a great leader. A hunter. After that I think the empath started to die out. The empath became more and more rare until very few existed. We don't do well in the 'survival of the fittest' game. The human race has fairly recently created an environment on earth were we can do well enough to increase in number. 

I think this is what the story of the Tower of Babel is trying to explain. Mythology is a record of human understanding of the time. So we could have been the first humans, and hopefully will be the next evolution. This time, lets not let the sociopaths take over again. 

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,306 posts

There is an old book called Unobstructed Universe, I think, written about 1938, where a man channels his deceased wife, who tells him that cetaceans are the most evolved beings on this planet, not humans. She tells him cetaceans are so evolved they can live without altering their environment for the worst like we do. 

Hermes, some place in the Nag Hamadi or the gnostic bible, not sure which one, I think there is something about man being given languages to divide him up and make him weaker. My memory is messed up, but I do remember reading that. Kind fits with what you said.

Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 months ago
742 posts

Hey C. Cat, I can believe every word of that. It wouldn't surprise me at all if cetaceans are of a higher intelligence than we are. And according to the book I'm reading others have had similar dreams or sleep experiences where they were told the same thing. 

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,306 posts

I just got done reading some amazing things about elephants and wolves that make me wonder how much we underestimate them as well. We humans tend to anthropomorphize other living beings and judge accordingly, always with us at the top of the pile. Pretty arrogant, IMO. 

Christina Rogers
Christina Rogers
@christina-rogers
2 months ago
34 posts
Bill,
Have you ever read the Celestine Prophecy? You might really connect with it. I ended up adoring the audio version much more, with all the voice acting.

But I can't explain TOO much about how this connects to the empaths being the next evolution, without spoliers.

I have found so much wisdom in this story, and how the different insights apply to our lives as empaths.

I really think you'll enjoy it.
Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 months ago
742 posts

Thanks Cristina, and yes I've read all four books I believe it is, sometime ago. It probably would be a good idea if I were to go back and read them again. Even though it was considered fiction I couldn't believe how much truth was lying with in those pages. 

Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 months ago
742 posts

Thanks everybody for your support and responses. It breaks my heart as I watch one of The Salish Sea's very own killer whales trying to come to terms with the death of her baby dolphin as she carries it on her back for an eleventh straight day. And the rest of her pod stays right with her, makes me ask the question just how much more proof does the world need that whales and dolphins are true empathic creatures? 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book