Chakra work

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts

Hey everyone

I'm about to start doing some work on my chakras one by one. I'd be  interested in any advice anyone is willing to offer.

updated by @crystalsage: 07/30/18 02:33:57PM
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
4 months ago
80 posts

I am not sure, since I am pretty new about this all still. But if I remember correctly -right crystals for right chakra can help with it ^^

krosskelt
@krosskelt
4 months ago
62 posts

When I started it was easier for me to draw energy from the earth through my root chakra.  Now I find it easier to start at the crown and bring white light down and push the negative out through root.  Guided meditations on YouTube was my best friend when learning to work with them.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
@curious-child. I have been building up my collection of crystals. I have at least one for each chakra.

@krosskelt. I want to work one each chakra individually and see if I can build a strong connection with each. I'm going to start with my root.
@chuck. For some reason I can only see you response in my email. Anyway. The reiki sounds interesting. I've heard of it but never actually tried it. I'll add that to my list to study.

Yeah, like I said I want to work with them one by one. Not sure it that's the right way but I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for the responses. Feel free to add more. I'll share what I learn along the way.
krosskelt
@krosskelt
4 months ago
62 posts

For me personally it was difficult to work with one individual chakra.  I have to feel/visualize the energy entering either from bottom top, or top to bottom.  Sometimes I can just do a wellness check on them as the energy progresses and move to the next quickly if they are open.  But if I don't do them in an order, something ends up blocking and causing issues trying to access one that is out in the middle.

My sacral, throat, and third eye are normally the ones that are either under or over active depending on what is causing the issue with it.  Having a chart like this helped me a lot also.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
@krosskelt. I like that chart. I have similar ones in my crystal books. But not as detailed.

Actually after looking at your chart I realize I've been mixing up the sacral and solar plexus chakras. My solar plexus is actually the one I am concerned about.

I have recently got into fasting which has been great it has opened my eyes a lot. I am a lot more aware about how I am affected by food and also those around me.
I'm still in the process of figuring out what I can eat without undoing all the work of the fast. So far i have let go of meat with the exception of fish. I can eat fish without mood changes and without empathy overload.

This greater connection with self is inspiring me to give chakra work a try because I believe it can add to the progress I am making.

Thanks again for the chart it is really helpful to have.
krosskelt
@krosskelt
4 months ago
62 posts

There are some charts out there that list what foods are good for what chakras also.  I like all foods too much to give any up.  

Being aware, and clearing/opening your chakras helps a lot.  My other intuitive gifts are not as clear when they are out of balance, and my empath side picks stuff up more and or holds on to them longer.  I consider it part of my grounding and balancing process, which I think is the most important thing for empaths to learn. (how to ground a balance themselves)

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
933 posts

@crystalsage:

What are you trying to accomplish? What's your goal? And have you read any books on the subject or articles? Let me know and I may have some suggestions to help you.

And when it comes to manipulating your chakras, it's quite an ongoing process. If you open them too much you'll be turning various powers on high. Some of that is fun. But some of that can result in an intensity that may be beyond what you were hoping for (anxiety, sleepless nights, nightmares, spirit visitations etc... It's also quite an ongoing process because as empaths our chakras change daily based on who and what energy we interact with. So you may do a chakra meditation and like where you are at and then go to work and deal with stress and drama that changes some of your chakra settings.

What some people like to do is to open chakras wide while meditating. And then they close them a little afterwards so that they are not too open during the other parts of their day.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 months ago
1,353 posts

FWIW, I read somewhere awhile back that chakras should be closed once you clean and balance them, except for the crown and the root, which must always be left open, so your Chi can flow properly. Anyone else learn that?

I do all that each morning as part of a Qi Gong routine. It does not take long to make sure they are all the right color and size, then put shutters over them, or portholes, or whatever you like, leaving the top and bottom open, then seeing the Chi flood through me as white light, fill my aura, and run down and into the earth beneath my feet to ground me. Then I do a Qi Gong exercise to let all the excess white light pour out into the world, spreading love. 

I also read that empaths tend to have our solar plexus too far open, and closing it a bit can help keep us from picking up too much of other's negative emotions. Has that helped anyone?

I seem to have problems keeping my 3rd eye chakra closed enough to prevent overwhelm, and my root chakra is too closed, so I feel derealized when out in the world, wondering what strange planet I've landed on, lol. 

LOVE that chart, Krosskelt!

updated by @cheshire-cat: 07/17/18 03:22:20PM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
@hop-daddy
I have many goals in mind.

1. Being healthy overall mind, body, and soul
2. I want a deeper connection with myself and more awareness/control over my empathetic abilities.
3. I want to be more balanced within. I've being exploring the idea of as within so without. I want to see what changes in my outward life as I continue to work more on myself. So far I have seen a lot of positive.
4. It's also apart of my spiritual journey. I do not have a set faith. I tend to study all religions and beliefs. I want to be as open as I can be while still being connected with who I am. This just feels like the next step.
5. I want consistency. There have been times where I have had very profound waking dreams, been able to predict what cards to pick(and gotten it right for months), times where meditation feel like a regular part of any day rather than a chore. However I'm havent always been consistent. Partly because I was still trying figure it all out. Now I am in a state of acceptance and this is what I want to do. It honestly just feels like who I am.

Thank you for asking that question. I hadn't really thought about it until you did. Also I have been doing research. That's probably why I was thinking of focusing on one chakra at a time. It can get a bit overwhelming trying remember everything about all of them at once.

@cheshire-cat
Thank you for your insight. After looking over the chart @krosskelt posted and thinking of issue that lots of empaths described having, it seems reasonable that the solar plexus plays an important role. I also like the idea of closing up after cleaning and balancing. Definitely something I'll look into. I've heard of Qi Gong. I haven't looked into. That's something I can add to my research list.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
933 posts

@crystalsage:

Very good. The reason I ask is that I often hear from people that they want to open all their chakras as wide as they can and become a super star psychic. But there is definitely some big and often dangerous negatives to intentionally trying to get your chakras to open super wide. Being balanced is always best. This is more of a warning to others since you already have that aim. And I think that's a great goal and you may have motivated me to get back to more regular chakra monitoring and balancing.

I have three web links I recommend that all do a pretty good job of instructing you on how to manipulate your chakras. Each has a differing perspective. And I thought you would enjoy that as you may find useful tips from each.

#1: This first one is from Erin Pavlina. She always seems to simplify topics in a way that is easy to follow and utilize.

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2008/06/how-do-you-open-and-close-chakras/

#2: This second one gets a little more technical but with good info.

https://www.wikihow.com/Open-Your-Spiritual-Chakras

#3: This 3rd one gives you perspective on a few warnings. And I liked the final paragraph where it gives perspective that you really don't need to open chakras as much as you need to switch them on and awaken them.

https://www.awakenment-wellness.com/opening-chakras.html

Have fun and good luck. Please report back how it's going and if you've had some cool experiences from it.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 months ago
1,353 posts

Thank you, hop-daddy, for posting those links. I learned a lot from them.

The positions used in #2 would dislocate my knees, ouch! I liked the simplicity of #1, and the suggestion about making the solar plexus chakra more dense. Mine look like gas clouds, so they may be much too thin to be safe. I was confused about Ms. Pavlina saying they should be 4-5 inches diameter normally and up to 12 inches when reading people, when #3 says to not try to open them up, because you pick up too much from others and can even end up in a mental ward!  They all seem to say most people's chakras are not open at all, and as a result are non-functional. So, which is really better, open or closed? 

confused,

C. Cat

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
Wow. Thank you everyone there is some great info hear.

@hop-daddy, thank you for the links. I haven't looked at then just yet but I'm excited.
I'm taking the next three days off to do some work on my energy. During this time I'll fasting from the world lol. No TV, no phone, no people, no talking. Just going to spend time meditating, studying, doing a lot of chakra work, and basically just cleansing my energy. After I'll definitely post what comes of it.

@Hermes thank you for the info. I've actually been paying a lot of attention to my solar plexus over the last couple of day.
Yesterday in particular I noticed that there seemed to be a connection with how strongly I was picking up on others' energies and the tension near the bottom of my rib cage. When I made a conscious effort to relax the area it was like letting the energy go. I found myself in several difficult situations yesterday, ones that would be typically draining. Long story short there's been an issue at work. Some of the people at work have strong energies and are very upset on top of it. I felt a stronger ability to put those energies down at will.

I'm so excited for the next three days. Curious to see what comes out of it. Ttys.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 months ago
1,353 posts

@hermes,

Thank you for the clarification. I try to keep my chakras at about 2 1/2 inches diameter, since that seems to feel right.  I have trouble keeping my 3rd eye one that small, which may be why I am overwhelmed so much. I also have trouble keeping my root/base one that large...it keeps trying to fade away, a reflection of my desire to leave this planet, no doubt. No amount of grounding can fool your soul, which knows what you really desire. 

I did notice that part about keeping them spinning and I've never seen that before in a couple decades of doing this! Mine just sit there like floating, colorful clouds. I will change how I visualize them so they spin, thanks.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
933 posts

@crystalsage, I hope you find some useful info. from what I sent. I tried to send you 3 different links that would help you get started. But if you feel anything is lacking, just google chakra work as there is so much good info. out there. And perhaps others in the community can provide their favorite related website links.

@cheshire-cat, I think @hermes did a great job answering your questions. But if anything is left unanswered, just let me know. I don't claim to be an expert in this subject. But understanding how chakra manipulation can help with health and well being has been a subject I've been studying this year.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 months ago
1,353 posts

@hermes,

Thank you very much for the reassuring information. I can feel them spinning when I concentrate on that rather than on visualizing them. I broke my foot and we have a desktop computer, so I won't be on here very much the next two months, since I have to keep it elevated. I will have lots more time to sit still and meditate on chakras though. I've not seen any lotus flowers....very nice.

EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
4 months ago
37 posts
I only saw the chakras on someone once in my life. Am I able to see mine and control mine? I’m new to this. Any advise would be great. I liked the description of strings and gases. Not sure how to see them? I’m still learning the third eye aspect
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
Okay, so my three days didn't go the way I wanted. For whatever reason I really struggled this time. However I realized yesterday that some good did come.
I did get to do some study along with some self analysis.
@hop-daddy, loved the sites you suggested. Very informative. I really like the second one for the different positions depending on the chakra being worked on.

I also particularly liked this site:
https://blog.mindvalley.com/7-chakras/

It gives a broader definition as to the location of chakras and another set of creative ways to work with chakras.

So far I've gotten a decent feel for what's going on with my chakras. I did a simple meditation in which I focused on getting in touch with the feel of my chakras. I tried to both open and close them. When trying to open I felt no real change but when I tried to close them I felt a sense of calm flow through me. I take that to mean that what I should focus on at the moment is closing to a healthy point.

Getting in touch wasn't too bad. The article I shared uses meditation along with focus on the location in the body in order to connect.
To help me close them I imagine that i can feel them getting smaller.

I'm no where near done but this is where I'm at so far.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
Been doing more work with my chakras. I've been focusing on clearing and closing.

I've been doing this by focusing on each one and mentally pushing out old energy. Once this is done I focus on closing in order to protect.

One thing I have noticed with my heart and throat chakras is that a lot of pain is coming up. Most of it is old. After I feel more at ease with my pain. It's not that it goes away, it's just not debilitating and get to be more honest.

When I work with my lower chakras lots of anger comes up. Again it just feels honest.

Haven't fully made it to my third eye or crown. Just been touching base with them briefly. When I do I feel calm and clearer.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
933 posts

@crystalsage:

With what you described as conflict and negative from living in a big family house, you may have trouble keeping everything balanced. You may fix things, and then interact with others that screw up what you just improved. I only live with a family of 4 and quite often even with just them I need to escape to a quiet place to unwind because I can feel their energy when they are not having a good day.

It makes sense what you said about the heart & throat. I don't know your past personal history. But what you have mentioned about family conflict in your home would fit the heart and throat. You certainly can improve that. I just feel bad with your housing environment you may be in a 2 steps forward, 1 step back every time you do energy work.

Have you ever tried acupuncture? I just tried it for the first time. I really feel hurt in my solar plexus area from emotional energy that I deal with each day. And while grounding helps me maintain it, I have had long term stomach soreness, and swelling/bloating from being an empath. I thought I'd give acupuncture a try and my first visit was nothing short of magical. I could feel energy pulsing and being redirected around my body and had an overall sense of peace. And my stomach is much better today. 

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
@hop-daddy

I'm glad you're feeling better.
I have stomach issues too. Fasting helps me a great deal with that.

I have tried acupuncture and I do like it. In fact it was my last treatment that helped me solve a major problem I was having with my left shoulder through to my arm. I can't afford to go often but when I can it is like a treat.

2 steps forward and 1 back is the story of my life. It's a big part of why I work so hard to get a handle on things. It's like on one hand I have someone watching out for me, because if I didn't things would be very different. On the other hand there is something very present that just won't let me be. I have been slowly breaking ties with whatever it is but I have to be very careful to not get to down for too long. When I get down and stay there it's like every step I took towards freedom never happened.

The way I'm see it, it's like this bad luck energy has been with me for many years so it may take just as long for it to be completely gone. I seriously hope that is not the case. However being realistic with myself in that way keeps me from getting discouraged.

It's like the better I'm doing the more the energy around me turns vicious. When I'm not doing so great things are calmish.

One day I would like to have happy daysssss, months even. I would like to be around people who see me, empath and all. And I would just like some overall peace.

I will say all of this has made me stronger and more open minded. I stand up for myself more as well as others. I do my best not to judge while at the same time making sure my boundaries are respected.

One day.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
933 posts

Good for you for recognizing how you feel and being proactive with self-care. I had to learn that lesson the hard way years ago, and had a really tough time when I ignored the self-care. Just remember, keep your vibration up!

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
Okay so I just wanted to do a check in.

I'm still focusing on clearing and closing. I'm in no rush to move to the next step whatever that is.

I feel great. I've been doing this before I go to sleep on the train on my way to work and I feel the difference. Again sometimes when closing clearing and closing certain chakras things come up. Initially there where a lot of things from the past coming up. Now there are a mixture of things coming up. For example difficulties I experienced throughout the day are expelled.

The most interesting thing that's happened so far happened last night. I noticed that different people with whom I interacted throughout the day where located in different areas of my body. I wonder if that is why it is sometimes difficult to identify and detach from the energies of others? Maybe it was a lack of awareness that they could be located in different areas. Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

I am still paring this work with my fasting. It feels like the two practices seem to work well resetting my energy.

I just feel less tired, less weighed down. It is also getting much easier to tune into specific people at will. Even in a crowd. I've also noticed that I'm bothered less and less by places with lower vibrations. And I am less fearful.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 months ago
200 posts
Just add, I feel more protected. I'm not so open anymore so I'm not just picking up any and everything I come into contact with.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
933 posts

@crystalsage:

When doing a deep grounding/rebalancing like that, you are raising your vibration. That's why you feel lighter and more energetic. And while your vibration is high like that, you have an extra layer of spiritual armor. That's why you feel like you can handle certain people easier at this time. The trick for all of is to work on keeping your vibration high because as an empath you can't help but absorb the energy around you. And that will start lowering your vibration again. But since you now have some techniques that work for you, you'll know what to do when you start feeling down.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book