The Empath Experience- An Empath Physician's View

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
878 posts

I stumbled upon this article by accident. And I found it interesting and wanted to share it as it touched on a lot of the discussions that often pop up on this community forum. It's a good read, and very informative. And I found it interesting that the author is both an M.D. and an empath. Since traditional medicine doesn't really recognize the empath reality, I found the author's perspective pretty interesting. 

https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/empath-sensitive-person-guide/

Update: I really liked the detail on what the linked author provided and think that many of you will find it relevant and helpful. Unfortunately, as Elise noted below, the author appears to have completely plagiarized Elise's own prior published work. While enjoying the article, please know that all the credit for the content needs to be given to Elise.

updated by @hop-daddy: 07/16/18 04:07:28PM
EliseLebeau
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 months ago
420 posts

It is unfortunate that this author copied the bulk of my Empath Survival Program (including the title)

https://www.eliselebeau.com/empath-survival-program (published 2007)

and my PhD thesis

https://www.eliselebeau.com/the-empath-experience (2012)

and sold it as her own.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
878 posts

Ouch. I am very sorry to hear that. I apologize for unknowingly promoting your article as presented by someone else.

EliseLebeau
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 months ago
420 posts

No worries!  I just thought I'd set the record straight, at least in my own space :)

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 months ago
1,306 posts

Hi Elise.

I am so glad you posted!  I PMd you in Jan., Feb., and again in May of this year about my not being able to PM someone (I was not the only one) and got no reply, so I was really worried about you, and posted asking others if they had heard from you, but nobody seemed to know, at least not then. I am not on FB, so I asked people to check there too, but did not hear back. Phew! Maybe my PMs to you never went through either. I am very relieved.

About your thesis and book: Isn't there some way to legally stop Dr. Orloff and be compensated for what she earned from copying your work?  I would think there must be some kind of legal recourse, and I'll bet many lawyers would do something like this pro bono, especially since Dr. Orloff is widely recognized as t.h.e. expert on being empathic. This should be exposed. I have read many things by her over the years and am now wondering how much of it was stolen from others, including her many best selling books! Did you not copyright any of it? This really stinks! I am so sorry this happened to you. 

Sincerely indignent on your behalf,

C. Cat

updated by @cheshire-cat: 07/16/18 03:06:42PM
EliseLebeau
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 months ago
420 posts

Thanks C. Cat! I'm still here :)

I could try to sue her but that would result in: 

1) Financial compensation, which is not meaningful to me.  I didn't publish to get rich.

2) An injunction to prevent her book from being further published, so she does not profit from my work.  Which also goes against my intention to reach as many Empath as possible with my message.

Either way, it's not aligned with my soul's purpose and it won't mend my broken heart.  And tears stream down whenever I think about this hijacking of my message, so I'd be a mascara mess in court!!!

When people google Empath Survival or Empath Experience, they find her book, not my web site.  But at least they find *something*.  

Thanks for your emotional support.

EliseLebeau
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 months ago
420 posts

Hop Daddy:

I stumbled upon this article by accident. And I found it interesting and wanted to share it as it touched on a lot of the discussions that often pop up on this community forum. It's a good read, and very informative. And I found it interesting that the author is both an M.D. and an empath. Since traditional medicine doesn't really recognize the empath reality, I found the author's perspective pretty interesting. 

https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/empath-sensitive-person-guide/

Update: I really liked the detail on what the linked author provided and think that many of you will find it relevant and helpful. Unfortunately, as Elise noted below, the author appears to have completely plagiarized Elise's own prior published work. While enjoying the article, please know that all the credit for the content needs to be given to Elise.

Thank you so much.  Made my cry...

updated by @eliselebeau: 07/16/18 04:15:50PM
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
79 posts

This is good article, though when I started to first learn about empaths and look at many different sources it feels like this exactly same text was on many sites and blogs already, with only minor changes. This one just seem to summarize many of them in one larger one.

Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
2 months ago
742 posts

Elise after reading the string here it sounds as if you are OK with letting karma do its thing, which is fine if that is what you desire? However, when a person writes something they automatically own the copyright, meaning they do not have to purchase it. The only thing the law says is that you must be able to prove being the first person to write the work in question. And it sounds as if you can! 

Just know that whatever you choose to do I/we here on EC support you. This site has been a godsend for many people. If this helps, over the years there has been so much information compiled on this site that you could probably write ten books if you wanted to go back and draw this information out from the past.

Good luck, and we all love you! 

EliseLebeau
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 months ago
420 posts

Thanks so much Bill :) 

I know I technically own the copyright.  I also think I would likely win a law suit. 

But the determining factor is this one: it would be detrimental to my happiness.  I need to conserve my time and energy to work my 2 wonderful jobs and be the best mom I can be to my son. 

At the end of the day, I have nothing left for a lawsuit.  

The support I have received from the EC members has put a healing balm over my broken heart. 

It will heal.

in love

Elise

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
2 months ago
144 posts

@eliselebeau- You should consider it a great compliment to have your work and your ideas spread. At least they get the message, yes, but the work you have done has had a great impact on many. Over all, your spirit has changed the world and will continue to do so. My family has benefited greatly because of what you do. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your effort. Your payment for it may be deferred until you can receive it.  It will come and it will be much more than money. Whether you get credit or not, you still get the reward. In a sense, she's doing you a favor by proliferating your message. People can fool people, but God knows our heart.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book