Shortcut To Calm

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
876 posts

I am usually in pretty control of my empath anxiety in crowds. And when an occasion hits where I am having a bad day of anxiety struggles I will usually avoid certain places or situations. But every now and again I need to fly in an airplane, and I find the nervous energy I take in from others is often more than I can take. I start feeling like a panic attack is going to hit and get this immediate fight or flight feeling where I need to get out of there. And of course, this is not what an empath wants to deal with when readying for take-off or landing.

I've had varying success with protection crystals helping with my travels by air. But I was looking for something a little stronger. And I found a product online called Sunday Scaries that I wanted to share. (Full disclosure, I have no connection with this company, this is just me sharing a product that I found useful). Here's the website:

https://forsundayscaries.com/

The active ingredient in these gummy bear supplements is CBD oil. CBD is generally known as a relaxation compound found in marijuana. But the above company derives their CBD oil from the hemp plant. And that's how they are legally able to sell this product in all 50 states by mail (all of this is explained on the website).

Before my flight I tested out these gummies by taking one at work to see how it felt. I wanted to know if it made me feel dizzy or sleepy. And I found that one gummy made me really relaxed similar to a glass of wine. But I also had no problem doing my job. In fact, in some ways I did my job better because the gummy helped clear my mind. When I traveled by plane leaving my city I found that 2 gummies did the trick. I was very relaxed and this CBD oil helped shut down my empath sensitivities to where I had no anxiousness from people energy during the flight. On my return flight I took another 2 gummies right before boarding. I did start to feel some minor anxiousness. And attribute this to the return flight being 100% full and running late. I think that added to everyone's anxieties and that impacted me. But despite that, I was still so much more relaxed that I didn't have any panic attacks.

For me airplanes are my problem area as an empath. For each of you, you probably have your own tough situations that you have to get through as an empath and need some help. I highly recommend this product. And hope that it can provide some help to any of you that have had an especially bad empath day, or are about to take on a tough empath environment. And as a general disclosure, if you have health issues or take any meds, it is recommended that you speak to your doctor about this product before trying it out.

EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
2 months ago
37 posts
I think there was a reason for me coming to this site....lol

Like you I had terrible anxiety. It was to the point where I was taking prescription anxiety pills and drinking alcohol on some occasions to numb. At the time, I was told that the pills and alcohol were actually making things worse. They interfered with my body’s energy and responses as an empath. Of course, I did not believe anyone. I was resistant because I thought the people telling me were tree huggers. But then I was talked to by another empath who was straight with me. No bull. The very next day I stopped my pills and allowed my senses to do what they must. I then was able to slowly learn protection and shielding. I also learned that chemicals to include foods were also interfering so I started an occasional detox as a reset. Today, no pills. I have 1-2 alcoholic drinks at special occasions. I still detox especially four bathes. Lastly, I tried incorporating as much organic foods as my wallet will allow.
EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
2 months ago
37 posts
Ask yourself what are the panic attacks? Are they your anxiety? Are they someone else’s anxiety? Is the panic attack a warning signal to you that someone needs help? Are the panic attacks a signal to you that your gifts are turning on? Are the panic attacks a blockage that you must work through to advance your gifts?

You will not know until you allow them to happen and be more aware.

For me it was a combination. It was other people’s anxiety. It was a warning system to me to beware. It was also an alert that someone needs my help. Once I became more aware, they subsided and my gifts grew.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
876 posts

@empathdad:

You bring up excellent points. And I have also read that alcohol and recreational drugs used to block anxiety are not accepted by many empaths. Although my own beliefs are everything is okay in moderation. I've also been told by others in the past to go out in the world without protection crystals and any form of protection and take in the energy of the world. But like taking an aspirin when you have a headache, there are various tools that can be used to provide short term relief when empath energy is too much.

I don't know if you have ever had anxiety building to a panic attack, but that's how my empath journey started. One was so bad that I ended up in the hospital. It's hard to explain how debilitating heavy building anxiety is. But it's an awful way to live. Over the past three years I have calmed myself with grounding and with use of protection crystals. And I still deal with occasional places that overwhelm me and anxiety kicks in. But my kryptonite is airplanes. The anxiety I pick up from others during pre-boarding and take-off triggers me. So while I normally would agree with you that empaths should not use devices to block empath stressors, there comes a time for every empath where they need a little help. Some empaths on this site have commented about struggling to ground and let go of the anxious emotional energy they pick up each day. And for those struggling, and learning how get grounded or balanced, I think this product can help with occasional use.

As for the energy I pick up on planes, I would say it's 90% others, and 10% my own. Going back pre-empath I wasn't really afraid to fly. But a lot of people are. And a lot of people are especially nervous at take-off. I pick up on all of that. And the other 10% of energy is myself recognizing the flood of emotional energy that is quickly building anxiety in a "crap, here we go again realization".

JoniG
JoniG
@jonig
2 months ago
38 posts
I'm glad you found something so helpful & are willing to share it...thank you!! My son (who has anxiety), also uses this in oil form. I am totally for whatever works for each individual to feel better in their skin. I feel no need to suffer needlessly. I am also prone to panic attacks...they suck!!! I avoid so many things including medicines. I tend to have an opposite effect situation with medicines & so never know how they'll affect me. Mostly, I just avoid anything other than the few I know won't affect me. Like I said, glad you found something & thanks for sharing. I think we are inky beginning to understand the significance of hemp for our planet & it's inhabitants!
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
197 posts
@hop-daddy
I have also used CBS in the past. It does work.

Though it can affect people differently, like anything.

I am curious if you have ever thought about trying a fast before you have to fly? I'm not sure if that is something that would be possible for you.

I have also found that some foods do make dealing difficult. I actually didn't fully realize this until I started eating after a fast and I felt my energy shifting.

I truly think it has to do with the sacral chakra having the job of processing emotions and it is close to our stomach. Then there is the fight or flight response which largely affects the digestive system.

Any way it's just a thought.

I think it's great that they are able to sell the gummy bears in all 50 states. There are truly many benefits to cbd, if only we could get past the taboo. Some people don't even realize that cbd does not get you high. That would be thc, and cbd counters the psychotropic effect of thc. One day maybe.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
965 posts
Hop-daddy....thanks for that info...will have to check if I can get those gummies here in Canada....lol...whatever helps my issues and doesn't have side affects is always good!..lol
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
876 posts

Thanks for everyone's responses. I knew this would be a little controversial. But for those looking to quiet the mind before or after a stressful event, it's nice to know that options like this exist. From doing my research the U.S. is not okay with shipping CBD oil products derived from the marijuana plant since marijuana is still illegal on the federal level. However, the CBD oil in the hemp plant contains no THC so this is allowed.

The science on CBD oil has really been exploding in recent years. And it's been a proven way to find relief from severe anxiety, seizures, and side effects from brain injuries. So while this isn't for everyone, I plan to keep a bottle on hand for the occasional stressful times in life where I need a little help. Airplanes and family funerals have been my two events where I feel these will be most beneficial for me. But I also think about how useful having these would have been when I was a newbie empath years ago dealing with intense levels of anxiety when I was unbalanced. This would have been a game changer back then. That's a big reason why I wanted to post about this product.

I had someone message me to ask how it made me feel. There was no high since there is no THC. It felt like having a glass of wine except it was a deeper relaxation than that. But what was odd was that I was both more relaxed and more alert at the same time. The bottle says to take a gummy 30 minutes before a stressful event. Although I found that the relaxation set in real quick in 5-10 minutes. I ended up finding that for me 2 gummies before take off in the plane did the trick. They supposedly keep you calm for 3 hours but I found that it was closer to 2 hours for me (which was fine).

@jonig, I'm glad CBD oil works for your son. I have a 14 year old daughter who gets a lot of empath anxiety and I was wondering if this product was okay for her to use at her age. Your comments sounded promising. I wasn't sure and wanted to research that.

@crystalsage, I love your fasting idea. I've read your other posts and it's really cool that you've had such positive benefits. For me, fasting is like Garfield used to say about diets that are "die with a capital T". I can diet, but fasting was too hard for me to do. I tried it a few times and decided it wasn't for me.

@womanwhowalks, it says on the mfg website that they don't ship out of country due to all of the international laws. But I was reading that on Oct 17th this year that Canada is legalizing marijuana. You should be able to get CBD oil and anything else you want in your hometown by that date.

JoniG
JoniG
@jonig
2 months ago
38 posts
Just to be clear...my son is 32....how that happened I'm not quite sure...lol
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
876 posts

@jonig:

Thanks for clarifying. Is your son also an empath?

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book