Fasting

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
138 posts

So, I tried a type of fast yesterday. I won't go into the specifics of what I did exactly. It was a work of my own creation, more of an experiment of you will.

Why I was at work I noticed a great change.  Things that would normally be overwhelming just weren't. They where annoying. I maybe even got angry but it wasn't all consuming. I felt connected but not drowned by the world. I was even in the city which I hate. However it was like being there completely went over my head.

Has anyone else ever had this experience during a fast?

Cuz I gotta say it felt good! Like addiction worthy good.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
804 posts

I'm glad to hear that impacted you so well. Did you just fast for the day or was it longer? It has been proven that fasting clears out your body of toxins and reboots it fresh and makes you feel better. Here are some news clips that I found:

A study, conducted by Dr. Valter Longo and colleagues from the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, found longer periods of fasting - 2-4 days - may even "reboot" the immune system, clearing out old immune cells and regenerating new ones - a process they say could protect against cell damage caused by factors such as aging and chemotherapy.

Since the body is unable to get its energy from food during fasting, it dips into glucose that is stored in the liver and muscles. This begins around 8 hours after the last meal is consumed. "A detoxification process also occurs, because any toxins stored in the body's fat are dissolved and removed from the body," he adds, noting that after a few days of fasting, higher levels of endorphins - "feel-good" hormones - are produced in the blood, which can have a positive impact on mental well-being.

"When you starve, the system tries to save energy, and one of the things it can do to save energy is to recycle a lot of the immune cells that are not needed, especially those that may be damaged," Dr. Longo explains.

In their study, published in the journal Cell Stem Cell, the team found that repeated cycles of 2-4 days without food over a 6-month period destroyed the old and damaged immune cells in mice and generated new ones.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
138 posts
@hop-daddy
That's interesting. I haven't gotten past 24 hours yet. The irony is that I am a chef and it is kinda hard. However I am very interested in the bit about the endorphins. The motivation for the fast was between having issues with digestion and mood regulation.

I've just been doing a lot of searching for different ways to feel good and live healthy. I have been exploring methods that are both inside and outside of the box.

The fasting was a whim, but it is truly working. I also find that I am getting the most out of it when I do a cleanse first. After I wake up I look fully refreshed. I am working my way up to two days. I didn't want to feel like I was punishing myself so I started slow.

Energy also feels different after a few hours. Crystals the were pretty intense to me before feel like nothing.
Hermes.A
Hermes.A
@hermes
3 weeks ago
133 posts
That is very interesting.
As a chef, you actually have a very important job in shaping people's outlook towards life. You see, food has the ability to deeply effect a person's thoughts and emotions.
As an explorer, I am deeply, deeply interest in food. In fact there is a saying among certain groups that if you change your food, you will change your life.
One thing I have found is that having certain foods in your stomache or your body will raise your tendency to have more of that food. It is as if the food is trying to bring in more of it's 'brethren' to dominate the body system.
Fasting liberates you from this, for sometimes the will of the food you consume may not be aligned with your own goals. It is through fasting that you can become more sensitive to the messages your body tries to give you.
I myself am sometimes a fan of fasting, and have achieved 21 days without food and water. I will not recommend this to anyone who does not know beforehand what they are doing: for I survived on pranic and some light energy. Going through the fast, somewhere past 14 days, there was a succulent sweetness to inhaling breath. I had very little worldly desires at the time, and my internal energy system felt extremely smooth and vibrant. My senses were heightened too. Going through the 21 day fast gave some very valuable insights, but more importantly, experiential knowledge. I have never experienced breath or energy as sweetly as after, or even during, a long period of fasting.
If anyone is interested, Steve Pavlina the blogger did a 40 days water fasting challenge that he has documented on his website.
If anything fasting has always been semi-mysterious, yet it's benefits seem nothing less than awesome and more light should be shed on the topic.
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 weeks ago
159 posts

This is an interesting topic! @ crystalssage I've fasted in the past as a non empath, and I generally feel the spiritual benefits.. last couple years I've not been able to though this year I really wanted to but implications due to health reasons halted that.. despite this I felt some really strong spiritual energies, just from other faith practices that I haven't done as much in the past since being an empath.. even on that note I wanted to ask others what is your relationship or experiences with spirituality, empath senses and where fasting comes in part of religion, I'd love to hear from other faiths on this 😊 On the subject of diet though I actually agree with what you said @hermes about food trying to dominate the body instead of the other way (if I understood correctly)- most or any of the health related problems I've had have always pointed a finger towards leading a dietry lifestyle of a low GI diet.. before I used to think it was me wanting to be healthier for myself, but I guess my body wants me to be healthier for an unknown reason (besides actual good health and lengthening life! 😄)..

updated by @spiritualskies: 06/23/18 01:06:54AM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
138 posts
Omg. I have to be quick because I am working.

Ok so I am slowly extending my time fasting to more days. This time I was able to successfully fast for 42 hours. While that was not a very long time with respect to others. I must say the experience was amazing. I felt the energy of other with more awareness than I have ever experienced in my life. I do a lot of temp work, makes life as an empath easier. I am at the same place today that I was yesterday. Now that I have eaten the experience is totally different. I am not as in tune. And while being so in hurt quite a bit. I miss knowing exactly whose energies I could interact with and the ones I needed to stay away from. I'm going again. All empaths should do this there is absolutely nothing like it. It does hurt so be prepared. Silent sitting helps and sleep is hard but strangely good. I'll share more later.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
138 posts
Being at the same place as yesterday has been a great tester. I am starting to realize where some of my struggles come from. People who I would normally allow myself to associate with and the ones I chose to stay away from almost completely changed while I was fasting. At this job being that I don't know anyone, had I not come to the experience completely empty I would have made a mistake I often make. I would have befriended the wrong people and stayed away from the good ones. While today I am not as in tune as I was yesterday I am borrowing from the insight I gained yesterday and it is totally working.

When normally I would have been confused about a certain occurrence I am not because of yesterday.

To describe what I felt is difficult. But there was a heavy heat to it sort of. Some of it was just instinct. I knew not to go near them or even look at them unless I could find no way around it and i spent the day finding ways around it. Energies that would normally attach themselves I could feel trying and I just ignored them.

Noe I mentioned hurting. Dont get me wrong it was actually easier than I thought however when I was around a lot of people I felt woozy. I had to sit with my eyes closed and then life was good. Sleep was what made me stop after 42 hours. Finding sleep was the hardest thing and I didn't sleep long. However when I did I woke feeling the best I have ever felt.

In fact today I woke up miserably which is what is inspiring me to try again. As difficult as it was I want it back.

Want to reply? Create an account here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book