Drink Up To Help Depression?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
804 posts

We've had quite a few people posting about depression lately. And as an empath, we all deal with regular bouts of mood shifts and depression. I happened upon the two below health articles that detail how regularly drinking coffee significantly improves depression. And in the 2nd article it notes coffee drinking greatly reduced suicidal tendencies for those who were deeply depressed. And I thought I'd share this with all of you as this may be advice that you can incorporate into your daily routine to help you feel better.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/313988.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2378708/Could-coffee-help-prevent-depression-Two-cups-day-reduces-risk-suicide-50.html

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
804 posts

I did want to also note that if you also deal with a lot of anxiety, you will want to keep your caffeine intake at a more moderate level. I had some sleepless empath nights years ago where I tried to power through the day by drinking extra coffee. And that was the tipping point for a severe panic attack. So on my anxiety days, I now typically drink a lot less coffee and tea.

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
4 weeks ago
159 posts
OMG! How weird is it you created this thread and I've just read it and I started drinking coffee few days ago!
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
804 posts

That's great. Hopefully you see some improvement.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Hi Hop Daddy,

I totally agree with you. Coffee, Krill Oil, and B complex were three things that were greatly helping my depression before, as long as I did not have the coffee or B vitamins after noon. I only needed one cup of coffee to get noticeable help. Coffee is loaded with anti-oxidants too. One problem with it is pesticides. I read that just one cup of non-organic coffee has more pesticides than the total of non-organic veggies and fruits most people eat in a whole year!

When I started the withdrawal from benzo drugs, I had to give up both coffee and B Complex and a couple other stimulating supplements, and wow, did that make it worse. The anxiety with withdrawal is off the charts and more like sheer terror. In the beginning, I had panic attacks every time I woke up at night, which was every 1 1/2 hrs., when I could sleep at all.

Now that I am 19 mos. into withdrawal with 3-5 months left to go, the panic attacks have mostly stopped, but I still don't sleep more than 3 1/2 hrs. per night on average, so I can't have coffee. I get vitamins from a green drink mix at lunch....no more synthetics for me.

In case of interest, Maca root seems to give energy w/o shakiness and can help balance out of whack hormones, and if  anxiety is caused by high cortisol, Seriphos is a lifesaver for lowering it. If you have a belly that is much larger than the rest of you and you are not pregnant, you are almost surely making too much cortisol. Magnesium and L-tryptophan both help people sleep, and if you do not have high blood pressure, 5HTP is even better. than L-tryptophan. Theanine can help calm you during the day. GABA is low in people with anxiety, but taking GABA orally will not help at all unless you have a leaky blood-brain barrier. 

I am going to read your links now. Thank you so much for posting them. :-)

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
3 weeks ago
140 posts

"In spite of the findings, the authors do not recommend that depressed adults self-medicate by increasing their caffeine consumption as an increase could result in unpleasant side effects." This was the part of the article I find hilarious. Like the increased likelihood of car accidents? Or what? 

We as a society have done massive research on caffeine. There is so much information out there that we should all feel free to self-medicate. In fact I think of all food and drink as medicine. Everything I ingest.

The source of caffeine in what ever your drinking is a factor as well. I like the effect of coffee, but my tolerance was to high. I had to cut down by switching to tea. I can't give it up. I'm an addict. Without it I don't function well. Switching to drinking nothing but black dragon pearl was the healthy alternative I could live with. My daughter likes Monster. It helps her. It's an expensive habit, but she needs something. She likes that guarana derived caffeine, and she knows it helps with depression. We all self-medicate. It's ok.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
804 posts

@zacharias:

I'm the same. I used to drink many many cups of coffee through each day in addition to diet cokes. But as soon as my empath awakening happened, I had to cut back my caffeine intake as my anxiety and high caffeine levels were a bad mix. I kicked the diet coke habit which was probably a good thing due to all of the chemicals. And now I drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and 1-2 in the afternoon depending on how my day is going. I will say when I am down in the dumps, an immediate cup of coffee really gives me a positive boost. I'm not going to say it totally cures the blues. But it certainly helps. And since all of us empaths don't sleep well anyway, the caffeine helps us cope with being tired during the day.

@cheshire-cat, I wonder whether the pesticides are depleted at all when coffee beans are washed and roasted?

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Hi Hop Daddy,

I thought your question was excellent, so I looked it up and what I found made me feel a lot better.

First, only 6.6% of coffee is organically grown. That's sad.

Washing reduces pesticides by 14.64-57.69% (that's a wide range!)

Roasting OR brewing (no difference in rate) reduces pesticides by 99.8%.

That is very good news. :-)

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Regarding the insomnia that depression causes, and that some empaths have regardless, has anyone here tried:

1. Painting the bedroom with frequency blocking paint?

2. Sleeping in a Faraday cage?

3. Turning off the breaker to the bedroom at night?

4. Amber glasses for 2 hrs. before bedtime and when getting up at night to block blue light?

I have tried #4 for a few months now and can't say I notice a difference, but I will keep doing it. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
804 posts

@cheshire-cat:

Thanks for looking that up. I was purely guessing that the heat from roasting would destroy most of the pesticides. I know organic coffee that tastes good is hard to find and is pretty pricey so I typically don't buy those. I happy to hear from you that roasting gets rid of a very higher percentage of the pesticides.

Also, you have some very interesting methods of improving your bedroom's environment for sleep. I have not tried any of those methods. A Faraday cage is a zapping electrical grid. That may be a bit extreme for most. Although I just finished reading a book that recommended that for people who are harassed by spirits at night. The electrical grid keeps the spirits out of your bed area. 

I mostly try to exercise early evening to strip off some of the stress. And the exercise makes my body tired. A nice hot salt bath also relaxes and gets me ready to sleep if I had a tough day. And then I always use over the counter sleep aids like melatonin.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Hi Hop Daddy,

I do not use any of those methods except the amber glasses to block blue light. I can't afford to try them, but have heard that WiFi and Microwaves can cause insomnia and wondered if anyone else here had tried them. I don't think I have a problem.

However, when power was off for 6 days during a Hurricane last year, I slept like a normal person! My husband reminded me that I also slept great when we stayed at friends while having our house tented, and they have Wifi on over there. He thinks it was my not having the constantly ringing phone, the email's constant bell like noise, the daily stack of snail mail, etc. to deal with. I never had a day off.  I think he is right but cannot prove it. I hope it's not the microwaves doing this to us or 5G will kill us all from insomnia. 

I wish I could do more exercise like you do and like I used to do, but I was warned I would have a heart attack if I did anything but light stuff, due to the severe lack of sleep, so I do about 15 mins. of ROM, PT, and Qi Gong first thing in the morning, outside so I can get sunlight in my eyes to try and fix my circadian rhythm (hasn't worked yet and I also use a Verilux light inside for an hour each morning). It is so hot and humid here now, I get sweaty just from spending a few minutes out there. I do light dance aerobics or weight work in the afternoon if I got more than 4 hrs. sleep the night before. Right now it's been a whole week since I got more than 4 hrs. 

Melatonin backfires on me unless I cut the tablets down to 1/4 and then bite off just half of that. I am glad it works for you, since it's a whole lot cheaper than the tryptophan and Seriphos I take. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
3 weeks ago
140 posts

I like how this conversation went from stimulants that help with depression to "how do we get to sleep?". Cause I figure if I could sleep well I wouldn't need a constant caffeine fix to get me through the day. I sleep during the day very well. I think it's weird that we have to take drugs to act and live like normal people. 

I've heard of people grounding themselves while they sleep. It's an intriguing idea, and simple. You tie a copper wire around your big toe and connect it to a grounding rod. That's the copper rod buried 6 to 10ft in the ground somewhere close to your breaker panel if your in a house. The idea being that all negative energy has a tendency to go to ground. I would think this could keep negative spirits from messing with your dreams. Some people use aluminium foil at the foot of the bed. I think a lead sheet would work great, but I have not tried this yet. 

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Hi Zacharias,

Here comes a pep talk. :-)

You said: "I think it's weird that we have to take drugs to act and live like normal people."

I think we should not have to, and would not have to in any sane society. I think we are so heavily programmed in this culture that we don't realize how upside down and backwards everything is. And, you know whose realm that comes from.

As far as I'm concerned, we empaths are the normal humans. If most people were like us, don't you think the world would be a whole lot better? 

That we have to take drugs, or isolate ourselves, or make any other accommodations just to live in our culture, shows me how far away from normal this culture is. IMO, we are not the problem. Quite the opposite; we are the only hope of solving the problem.

I will end with one of my favorite quotes from Krishamurti: "It is not a sign of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
3 weeks ago
140 posts

Yeah, that's true. I know it's true, but I would never try to convince anyone, or even talk to them about it unless they do actually believe that we all have been living under a lie created by the devil. It does get to me that my good friends, spiritual brothers, are still susceptible to that lie. They will never know me until they can see past their religious doctrine, because we don't fit into their belief system. And that's less than half of their influence. The other is our political, financial, social group think they have to resist as well. That programming is deep seated. You have to be naturally inclined to resist it to see past it. I almost told them Jesus was an anarchist, but I stopped short before I did. Wouldn't go over well with this group, but oooooohhh, I so want too, just to see their reaction.

In this sense of the word "normal" I defined as what the majority believe is normal. The popular opinion of what is normal. By this definition, what is normal is actually crazy, so normal can be crazy. I can not get away from irony. I see it everywhere, in everything. It makes me laugh every time.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Hi Zacharias,

I totally agree with what you said, and I understand that you meant to describe the way most of the sheeple define "normal". I am so glad you can laugh about it. I tend to cry or blow a gasket, which is only hurting me, not the people I'm frustrated with. I am not too good at being detached, so I am sure I'd be considered to be a broken empath. I wish I knew how to let things go and laugh at them. Normal being crazy and vice versa is another example of how backwards things are on this planet now.

Some interesting language origin info....the word anarchist supposedly means "without archons", which would represent the ideal way to live. (Ref. Mark Passio or the Nag Hamadi) The group of friends whom you don't want to bring this  subject up with probably would call the archons by another name, ie. demons, and every culture and time period has different names for them, but we are all referring to the same beings.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
804 posts

@cheshire-cat, I love that quote. Thanks!

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Hi Hop Daddy,

Thanks, glad you liked it. I have a head full of trivia, but can't remember what I ate for lunch!

Did you ever finish reading "The Practical Psychic Self Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide" by Robert Bruce? 

I've just finished reading all the free excerpts at Amazon, since my library does not have it or intend to get it. I remember you said you'd write up some basic pointers from it when you got done. No pressure.....but I am very interested, since I have felt my so-called "Lyme rages" may be due to a Neg, as he calls them. The rage attacks are totally out of character for the person I was before they started. I had almost zero temper before that. Recent blood testing revealed a suspicious profile, in that there are none of the usual Lyme co-infections present, a virtually unheard of situation. My results were more consistent with post-viral fatigue, extreme stress, and a past toxic mold exposure. Of course, I am appalled by the way I behave during rages, so it may just be wishful thinking that they could be something I can get rid of. I know many other Lymies who feel that way too.

I am sure that others here would be interested in what you learned from the book, and it does apply to this thread, since he talks a lot about Negs causing depression, at least in the parts I was able to read online. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
804 posts

@cheshire-cat:

That Robert Bruce book was very good, and very eye-opening. I found the book to try to help my daughter with her depression and neg attacks. And very interestingly, every time I would pick up the book to read it, I would have very creepy ghost/entity activity around me. In fact, there were plenty of "ah-hah" moments for me in reading that book where I found confirmation of greater understanding of things that we have experienced in our home. And there was an immediate reaction to the spirit energy around me (banging on walls etc...). It was almost as if they didn't want me to understand how they operate and how to defeat them and they got upset when I had an "ah-hah" moment reading the book. So in a nutshell, that book was life changing for me, and I found it almost by accident at a time when I really needed that help and insight.

The biggest take-away I learned from the book was that we empaths/light workers are targets for entities. We possess special energy that makes us more attractive to them (and they need to absorb people energy like food to exist). Robert Bruce also states in the book, that entities aren't really interested in non-empath energy unless it is someone depressed or mentally ill that they can take advantage of. And there is a definite good versus evil battle going on in other dimensions so light workers are targets that they would like to disable or take out. When empaths are healthy and high energy, these entities have a really hard time breaking into our auras to attach. But when we fall down the rabbit hold of depression, our aura is exposed and armor is off and we are easily corrupted by entities. And in a lot of cases, when an entity attaches, it not only saps your energy it lowers your vibration. In doing so it can manipulate your thoughts to make things worse and more depressive so that you fall deeper as they take more of you away. The manipulation is so sneaky that some of these entities will allow you to experience abnormally high pleasure from doing things that are bad for you (like drug use, gambling, cheating on your wife etc...). And then they will punish you with physical pain and complications when you try to do good things (like seeking help, going to AA etc...). It's very scary but yet important to understand  what is going on with entities who enter our realm and manipulate people because we have all seen examples of this in our own lives (particularly with alcoholics and drug users who have spiraled out of control). And with my own daughter even after I worked with her on making changes in her life to raise her vibration to beat back these entities, she would still make decisions to do things that were bad for her and would keep her in a depressive state. In fact on a few occassions she was really angry with me for trying to help her. But honestly, the angry look on her face was not her energy. I knew that was foreign so I kept persisting with helping her. But the negative entities had a manipulative lock on her. And I had a breakthrough moment where I was saging my daughter's room and teaching her to use white light to push them away, and I was deliberately attacked in a physically painful manner by one of her entities. (Side note, we also had a shaman remove over 13 entities from her. And as each one was removed from her, the shaman described a personality trait or abusive behavior that belonged to each entity that my daughter had been exhibiting over the past year).

So long story short, I do want to recap the book for everyone. The challenge is that there is so much packed into that book, I don't know how to properly summarize it in a post without it being 5 pages long. I'm still thinking about how best to present that. But I will do that soon.

P.S.- I did share some of what I learned in the book with @zacharias . See this link to read a little on that:http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/community/forum/new_posts/50764/can-a-church-be-haunted

updated by @hop-daddy: 06/24/18 04:48:01PM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
3 weeks ago
1,289 posts

Hop Daddy,

Thanks. I read that link you provided and it did help. It may have answered some questions I have about why I cannot sleep past 3:30 am anymore and why the problem area seems to be in one corner of our bedroom. I also have the ear ringing before it starts, and I do see the entities, but only if I close my eyes, which seems strange. I do have depression and have to work very hard to try to keep my vibration up. Not sure I succeed. I have closed the holes in my aura as far as I can tell and there used to be a lot of them. The one time I did laugh at them, I was able to get them to leave a lot faster than usual. Lots to think about......

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
3 weeks ago
379 posts
Funny you post this. I've been drinking coffee for decades, at one point I switched to decaf for years due to panic attacks. I'm back on caffeine again when I was training for a bike event, and was just physically exhausted all the time. As of recent, I started buying coffee from a place that roast their beans in a facility and sells the coffee in a shop. It's not here in my state and order online with them, but I will say I'm super happy when I drink it. I honestly thought it's because of the taste and made with love. I can't drink regular coffee anymore from the grocery store or from Starbucks or dunking donuts. This coffee is not the cheapest, but it sure puts a smile on my face and worth every cent. :)
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
804 posts

@cheshire-cat:

I follow Erin Pavlina's blog and she's had a few occasions she has shared where she was over powered by an entity and broke the attachment with laughter. There is definitely something to raising your vibration through love and laughter to defeat these things. I think God gave some weapons here on earth to raise our vibrations, but they are like Easter eggs that we need to find. I think crystals and stones are one of them. Salt is another. Music is another. And coffee is another useful natural drink that we now know can help us escape the blues.

On your other note, I too get the ear ringing when entities are close. Sometimes they are folllowed by whispers or a the hair on my feet and legs stand up on end. I don't typically see them (although lately I have seen a black floating circle out of the corner of my eyes that seems to be following me). But I most definitely hear them. The ear ringing is supposedly them trying to communicate. But we only hear ringing since we are not yet attuned to receive the message. I'll send you a PM as I had an idea for you.

@tigerlily:

I'm glad you found a coffee blend to make you happy. I too have some coffee types that don't sit well with me or make me to agitated and don't mix well. But I've found my sweet spot and it really does help set my balance for the day.

Want to reply? Create an account here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book